Disney in talks to buy Fox: X-Men Homecoming? - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I REALLY hope they just reboot. It would be a huge shame to finally have all of Marvel Cosmic under one roof and not be able to include Inhumans. I want to see War of Kings on the big screen, gosh darn it!

This possibility seems to have been completely delusional to certain people from day one. All Fox products are deemed garbage until they come out and people are forced to admit it's good. :o

Completely agree WRT the reboot of Inhumans. These are some of the best characters in the Marvel umbrella.

Don't agree with the 2nd point, but Fox CBMs have been very inconsistent; ranging from very, very good to utter garbage with a wide range in between. I think people have a right to "wonder" whether their next effort will be good.

People should be wary of complaining about Disney's box office share. There are already fears that the combined studio will release fewer films than they have separately. Complaints about the bo might give Disney an incentive to cut back on film production, which will lead to more job loss in Hollywood* and revenue loss in areas of the country where movies are filmed.

* I don't recall anyone in Hollywood bemoaning the jobs that were lost when the US steel and textile industries shuttered their plants or when offshoring caused appliance manufacturers to not only close their plants but also force their soon-to-be-fired workers to dismantle the equipment and load it onto ships bound for other countries. So forgive me for not shedding too many tears over the jobs that may be lost in Tinseltown when billionaires start taking out their profits.
Yeah I was wondering about that too. Some are whining about "jobs" then we'll get the whining about "too many Disney movies". Which is it? Kinda sounds like some are just searching for things to complain about.

As I’ve mentioned, they could just forget the show exists like I’m sure most fans will. Introduce them properly in a ‘real’ movie and write off the show as a show-within-a-show in-universe. Best suggestion I’ve got.
I barely made it through one episode and have already forgotten almost everything about it so it may as well not exist. The ratings say almost no one even watched it.

Then he can just wipe their minds again.
I doubt it. If that tactic epic failed (the plot of the movie) then he would have learned it was a mistake. A character arc in other words.

If they ever decide to the Inhumans on the big screen it will be a brand new version worthy of a cinematic debut like it should have originally been. No one will remember or care about this show let alone acknowledge it. Feige will claim no association with it. With the arrival of mutants it just got pushed further down the list anyways.

If they ever decide to the Inhumans on the big screen it will be a brand new version worthy of a cinematic debut like it should have originally been. No one will remember or care about this show let alone acknowledge it. Feige will claim no association with it. With the arrival of mutants it just got pushed further down the list anyways.

That would be the way to do it IMO.

Someone needs to tweet Jeph Loeb and demand that he reinstates Scott Buck and gives us a second season of Inhumans or we'll riot, because we as fans deserve it! :o

The solution to the Inhuman problem is Skrulls.

The solution to the Inhuman problem is Skrulls.

That might be a little complicated to retcon the whole royal family. But Skrulls ARE the answer to fixing Ronan! They need to reveal the Accuser in GOTG was actually a Skrull and bring back the real one ASAP!

This possibility seems to have been completely delusional to certain people from day one. All Fox products are deemed garbage until they come out and people are forced to admit it's good. :o

I recall exactly zero people deeming Logan or Deadpool garbage before those came out.

Someone needs to tweet Jeph Loeb and demand that he reinstates Scott Buck and gives us a second season of Inhumans or we'll riot, because we as fans deserve it! :o

What was it we did that was so wrong?

I recall exactly zero people deeming Logan or Deadpool garbage before those came out.

Exactly correct. People are, rightfully, wary of new Fox CBMs, but (most) people aren't trashing them just because Fox made it. Of course there's always a few dunderheads, but they're a minority and not representative of CBM fans in general.

EDIT: As I recall, people were trashing Inhumans before it was released....I know someone who was going to try and watch it (I couldn't bring myself to do it). She got through 1 episode.....

Well I mean is there a lot of buzz for New Mutants? I don't think there is. But they still went forward with it.

And look how grand the production for that film is.

It looks like a Lionsgate film, not from a major film studio.

Yeah I was wondering about that too. Some are whining about "jobs" then we'll get the whining about "too many Disney movies". Which is it? Kinda sounds like some are just searching for things to complain about.

I barely made it through one episode and have already forgotten almost everything about it so it may as well not exist. The ratings say almost no one even watched it.

I said it earlier, looking at the posts of couple of the doom and gloom predictors, I was not surprised to see that they were Zaddy fans. :p

Some people were also complaining about Dark Horse Comics not continuing Alien comics.

Has it been confirmed that Dark Horse is not gonna do more Alien comics or is that just speculation?

Kind of/Sort of. There will be cuts at various levels in the immediate future once the deal has closed. Mostly cuts that are atypical of mergers. Operationally they will be intact, but a lot of assessorial pieces will fall away.

Goes without saying, Point is the studio is still going to be around and need to keep making movies until alternate stategies are in place

A point that I think gets lost in a lot of discussions. Comic Book Movies are a smaller part of what they do, and once the properties back under the Marvel Studios umbrella Fox will just keep chugging along with the other projects they do.
Yes, handing off the superhero market and finding a new direction for the studio is a major conversation they're gonna have.

I wouldn't underestimate him. He is very proficient in what he does.
I'm not underestimating him, the man is probably the best producer when it comes to making blockbuster adaptions in the business right now. I', just saying that while he may have muse with the idea of F4 an X-men there were no plans whatsoever, he already has a lot on his plate and is professional enough not to waste time with the dream. Now that it's a reality he can put not only his time but time of other people into developing a strategy. A lot of discussions are being made and I don't expect them to have any definite "this is what we are now doing" plan set. It takes a lot to get a movie made and right now he's on step one. In a few months I'll guess they'll have release dates in mind, general road maps in mind, and start looking for directors and pitches.

Or just don't do anything more with them. Ignore them in future stories. Much easier.

So if the Inhuman royal family were to reappear in the MCU, its a full reboot. Ignore the TV show. Fair enough. That show was unpopular with the mass audience and served as a heartless executive mandate, damaging the Inhumans in the eyes of the audience. Most are willing to forget it. I certainly want to. I feel bad for the actors though. They tried, but nothing would've salvage this mess. Well, fire Scott Buck for one.

Within a few years, the Inhumans TV show will be as irrelevant to the MCU as the 1970's Dr. Strange TV show.

They'll be able to completely ignore it and move on. The Agents of Shield events are a little more problematic and hope they just get away from any references to Inhumans (I haven't seen any of the latest season, so I don't really know what they're currently doing).

Within a few years, the Inhumans TV show will be as irrelevant to the MCU as the 1970's Dr. Strange TV show.

They'll be able to completely ignore it and move on. The Agents of Shield events are a little more problematic and hope they just get away from any references to Inhumans (I haven't seen any of the latest season, so I don't really know what they're currently doing).

I don't believe that they will just eliminate the Inhumans from MCU existence; that's the DC way, not the Marvel way. They can still have Black Bolt and a few selective Inhumans to cameo in other movies and/or TV shows, but their own series will be cancelled. Personally, I wish they can be reborn via a new movie, but with the incoming X-Men and FF, that seems highly unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"