Disney in talks to buy Fox: X-Men Homecoming? - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I told you guys Feige wanted in on X-Men! The idea that some in the X-board have that Feige will leave them alone is insane. He wants to do the X-Men right

Fiege is a massive fanboy, he's foaming at the mouth to bring X-Men in the MCU, you can bet everything you got on that.

I’m glad to hear (if true) that he’s eager to get in X-Men. Need someone who’s interested in them rather than only spinoffs.

I bet dollars to donuts that it will be revealed that Molly Hernandez on Runaways will officially be called a Mutant if not this season, next season on Hulu, and I would not doubt if the “M word” is at least spoken/mentioned in at least one of the upcoming MCU movies in the not too far future.

The idea that Marvel Studios won't touch the X-men is ludicrous. The X-men print money. Prior to the MCU making the Avengers household names, the X-men were THE superhero team. They've survived many blunders like the awful Origins, X3, the rather mediocre Wolverine and Apocalypse. All of this, despite Marvel Entertainment downplaying them for a few years and limited merchandise presence. I'm positive we start hearing news of a new X-men film within the MCU by 2019 at the latest if this deal falls through. Lastly, getting worried over how they will implement mutants into the MCU is a silly conjecture to hold onto. Feige seems confident in integrating them into the universe, so just wait and see.

I bet dollars to donuts that it will be revealed that Molly Hernandez on Runaways will officially be called a Mutant if not this season, next season on Hulu, and I would not doubt if the “M word” is at least spoken/mentioned in at least one of the upcoming MCU movies in the not too far future.
Man

Just hearing certain words and names would get me so hyped. :funny:

The idea that Marvel Studios won't touch the X-men is ludicrous. The X-men print money. Prior to the MCU making the Avengers household names, the X-men were THE superhero team. They've survived many blunders like the awful Origins, X3, the rather mediocre Wolverine and Apocalypse. All of this, despite Marvel Entertainment downplaying them for a few years and limited merchandise presence. I'm positive we start hearing news of a new X-men film within the MCU by 2019 at the latest if this deal falls through. Lastly, getting worried over how they will implement mutants into the MCU is a silly conjecture to hold onto. Feige seems confident in integrating them into the universe, so just wait and see.

People love the X-Men and people love the MCU.
It’s another hit waiting to happen.:funny:
If Marvel owns the X-Men a MCU X-men movie will be on the way.

I’m glad to hear (if true) that he’s eager to get in X-Men. Need someone who’s interested in them rather than only spinoffs.

Feige is a classic Marvel fan, I bet he's always wanted this. It just wasn't available, and Marvel had plenty on its plate building the cinematic universe around the Avengers and its central characters. Now it can explore and encompass other corners.

It's really not earth-shattering news he wants in on this. I think it's just affirming something fans want to hear over the usual "status hasn't changed" line.

I hope they will do the same to Scarlet Witch. :hmr:

Maybe The New Mutants trilogy is still possible.

That and the R-Rated films and Gambit/X-Force, X-23 movies are the only reason I’m so against this.

New Mutants deserves the trilogy. Dafne Keen deserves her solo film. I don’t want Deadpool to be Neurterd. If all those happen then I’m fine with it. I just don’t trust Disney. I don’t think they’ll do those things.

That and the R-Rated films and Gambit/X-Force, X-23 movies are the only reason I’m so against this.

New Mutants deserves the trilogy. Dafne Keen deserves her solo film. I don’t want Deadpool to be Neurterd. If all those happen then I’m fine with it. I just don’t trust Disney. I don’t think they’ll do those things.

A couple R rated movies and a Channing Tatum movie vs years of properly done X-men and fantastic four movies:hmm

A couple R rated movies and a Channing Tatum movie vs years of properly done X-men and fantastic four movies:hmm

Well, considering those properties need to be R-Rated to be PROPERLY DONE, then the argument takes a very different perspective. We need diversity in the superhero genre. Fox is giving us that right now. Disney killing that is not worth seeing Wolverine with the Avengers.

Also, SERIOUSLY!?!? What is up with the Channing Tatum hate in the fandom?

I feel like they can still happen. Nothing official has suggested that Marvel HAS to scrap the X-Men casts.

Well, considering those properties need to be R-Rated to be PROPERLY DONE, then the argument takes a very different perspective. We need diversity in the superhero genre. Fox is giving us that right now. Disney killing that is not worth seeing Wolverine with the Avengers.

Also, SERIOUSLY!?!? What is up with the Channing Tatum hate in the fandom?

Tatum is fine, but I just don't think he's the best actor to play Gambit.

I don't hate Tatum, but I don't think he NEEDS to play Gambit in his own movie.

CaptainWagner posted:
It may seem like this is not a popular opinion but I agree 100%. In a way, I think not having the X-Men, Spiderman, and Fantastic Four forced Marvel into developing characters into movies that otherwise would not get the chance. The genre would stagnate; rinse and repeat with reboot. I want to see the MCU cosmic movies primarily for phase 4 not redoing stuff for popular characters. A diversified lineup of movies and expanding new properties is key to keeping the genre thriving.

Last edited:
It's strange that a certain segment of fans has chosen to ignore the fact that Kevin Feige got his start in the industry by working for Lauren Shuler Donner on the very first X-Men film. It was then that he studied Marvel Comics' vast catalog and became both an expert on the heroes and a fan of the source material. Being able to adapt the X-Men and FF in the Marvel Cinematic Universe would be a dream come true for Feige.

Tatum is fine, but I just don't think he's the best actor to play Gambit.

I don't hate Tatum, but I don't think he NEEDS to play Gambit in his own movie.

I don't think there's any need for a Gambit movie at all. There are too many other heroes who deserve consideration before him. For all of the boasting Fox-Men fans have done about the female mutants who could lead films, you would think that one of them would get a solo film before Gambit.

It may seem like this is not a popular opinion but I agree 100%. In a way, I think not having the X-Men, Spiderman, and Fantastic Four forced Marvel into developing characters into movies that otherwise would not get the chance. The genre would stagnate; rinse and repeat with reboot. I want to see the MCU cosmic movies primarily for phase 4 not redoing stuff for popular characters. A diversified lineup of movies and expanding new properties is key to keeping the genre thriving.

I think MCU has developed enough B and C list superheroes and turned them into household names, but there's a diminishing returns as a result of that; at certain point even Feige can't continue to turn water into wine. By adding X-Men and FF to the MCU, it can ensure MCU to have a much longer longevity until a day comes when they must reboot everything, which will probably be years or even decade down the road.

It's strange that a certain segment of fans has chosen to ignore the fact that Kevin Feige got his start in the industry by working for Lauren Shuler Donner on the very first X-Men film. It was then that he studied Marvel Comics' vast catalog and became both an expert on the heroes and a fan of the source material. Being able to adapt the X-Men and FF in the Marvel Cinematic Universe would be a dream come true for Feige.
I haven't forgotten this at all. He clearly learned from a lot of mistakes that were made with those older movies as well.

I don't think there's any need for a Gambit movie at all. There are too many other heroes who deserve consideration before him. For all of the boasting Fox-Men fans have done about the female mutants who could lead films, you would think that one of them would get a solo film before Gambit.

I agree. The whole Gambit movie thing really was borne out of X-Men: Origins and Fox announcing dozens of spin-offs after that and going spin-off crazy. Like we're going to do Deadpool, Magneto, Gambit, etc. And they had all those cameos in the movie as well. Then they moved on and pretty much wiped their hands of Taylor Kitsch because he pretty much failed to take off as a leading man on multiple occasions.

Not to mention, Fox outright refused to make Deadpool for several years because they thought it was too risky to make an R-rated, parody type of comic book movie.

I think Gambit is a fun character at all, but I don't think he was ever a great solo character. IMHO, he always worked best when grouped up with the X-Men. His relationship with Rogue. His fun rivalry with Wolverine. Like that's the type of stuff I want to see. I'm not really interested in the Gambit solo adventure.

I liked his background that he was from like a thief guild. And I even thought his involvement with Sinister was interesting as well.

I would prefer to see Gambit in an X film first and then should all goes well and the character is well recieved and deserving of a spinoff then so be it. But given the acquisition of FF/Xmen into Marvel that **** goes way down the list now.

I know the Feige part was exciting, but did you all read the part that it's illegal for Disney to manage Fox until the deal is final? That's concerning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"