MCU X-Men - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The X-men have very dated costumes which quite frankly wont look good in live action for the most part. Those images posted above look downright terrible. Im up for something orignial that takes inspiration from common elements that have been associated with the characters over the years.

I'm all for Cyclops having the cowl. It's wayyy past time we got it. But I have a hard time imaging how Marvel could adapt the bell bottoms, trunks look from the 70s
str2_wow1905xmen_cyclops_cn.jpg

And imo, the individualized suits are best saved for a seasoned, prime X-Men in the second movie. Plus the closest we've gotten to the Kirby suits was the beautiful suit Negasonic wore in Deadpool. Glad Dark Phoenix isn't doing the Kirby suits, instead they're adaptating the Grant Morrison suits so good for them. And I'm also glad they aren't wearing the 90s suits because that gives Marvel a chance to do them.

They're not bell bottoms. It's not part of his pants. They're buccaneer boots with large boot cuffs.

And they don't need to do that. They didn't do that for Captain America, and he normally has them in the comics. Same with Hawkeye.

Cyclops always looks like a completely humorless Northeastern WASP, no matter how they dress him. That's one thing James Marsden nailed.

The X-men have very dated costumes which quite frankly wont look good in live action for the most part. Those images posted above look downright terrible. Im up for something orignial that takes inspiration from common elements that have been associated with the characters over the years.
Well, most of those pics are concept art and imo, they look pretty badass. I don't see how they look dated. They would fit right in with the rest of the MCU's costumes.

Negasonic's suit in particular, is what I always imagined an MCU-esque take on the Kirby suits would look like

Deadpool-5.png

:hmr: All it's missing is the gloves. Imagine that look translated to a Cyclops, Jean and Hank

Last edited:
First time I've read someone got this impression.
tumblr_n2bwuhBPcq1qb0joho1_1280.jpg
I mean, you could technically argue that the layout of the yellow is slightly closer to the Muir island Lee suits but seeing that style immediately brought to mind the Kirby suits for me since it was the first time we had ever seen a standard yellow and blue X-Men suit done in the traditional aesthetic

The 90s costumes are just too iconic. We will see them in the MCU eventually.

I hope they save them for an "event-movie" where most of the X-Men are together:

Xmenjimlee.jpg

I mean, you could technically argue that the layout of the yellow is slightly closer to the Muir island Lee suits but seeing that style immediately brought to mind the Kirby suits for me since it was the first time we had ever seen a standard yellow and blue X-Men suit done in the traditional aesthetic

I don't see Kirby whatsoever. I do see Le Mutante Sans Frontieres however or some variant of a New Mutant/Young X-Men.

Well, most of those pics are concept art and imo, they look pretty badass. I don't see how they look dated. They would fit right in with the rest of the MCU's costumes.

Negasonic's suit in particular, is what I always imagined an MCU-esque take on the Kirby suits would look like

Deadpool-5.png

:hmr: All it's missing is the gloves. Imagine that look translated to a Cyclops, Jean and Hank
And that is an original design with inspiration from the classic training suits. It’s not an adaptation of the original Kirby design which is very dated

Uniforms = high school, individual spandex outfits = '80s/'90s adults.
Prove me wrong.

Uniforms = high school, individual spandex outfits = '80s/'90s adults.
Prove me wrong.

Giant Sized Uncanny X-Men was in the 70s.

This 70s X-Men was the new team of adults with individual uniforms, including the likes of Wolverine, Thunderbird, Sunfire, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Banshee, Storm, along with Cyclops and Marvel Girl.

There.

Giant Size X-Men was in the 70s.

This 70s X-Men was the new team of adults with individual uniforms, including the likes of Wolverine, Thunderbird, Sunfire, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Banshee, Storm, along with Cyclops and Marvel Girl.

There.

That was a comic book-ism. In the real world, colorful spandex fashion was part of the '80s and early '90s. :oldrazz:

That was a comic book-ism. In the real world, colorful spandex fashion was part of the '80s and early '90s. :oldrazz:

No, but the comic book came out in the 70s. You said 80/90s adults are individual costumes, and those individual costumes came out years before in the 1970s.

No, but the comic book came out in the 70s. You said 80/90s adults are individual costumes, and those individual costumes came out years before in the 1970s.

Shoot earlier than that. Individual costumes was first seen in the 60s with the adult 05 and recruits

7_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg

Do not want the Jim Lee 90s look for X-Men. They were the worst.

See, we we're cool up until this point, LOL. I'm biased towards those costumes because those were the ones they had when I was first introduced to them. But I agree with Havok, let the filmmakers create new costumes for the X-Men, so that this next generation can have that same connection with them like we did.

Just as long as they're not these ugly ass eyesores:

set-pic-x-men-dark-phoenix-costumes.jpg

I mean in real life, uniforms = private and some foreign high schools, while individualized spandex like the Jim Lee outfits would pass for fashionable in one specific era.
So the first class should wear individual outfits once they're in college. Adults in uniforms would make them look like Xavier's personal army, which I'm not sure they want to go with.

And let's not put Scott in the cowl, he looks like a condom with that thing.

And let's not put Scott in the cowl, he looks like a condom with that thing.

Not as much as Cap in the Avengers. And if you had all the original X-Men in cowls as they were in the comics, you wouldn't notice him as much.

See, we we're cool up until this point, LOL. I'm biased towards those costumes because those were the ones they had when I was first introduced to them. But I agree with Havok, let the filmmakers create new costumes for the X-Men, so that this next generation can have that same connection with them like we did.

Just as long as they're not these ugly ass eyesores:

set-pic-x-men-dark-phoenix-costumes.jpg

See I dont mind those. Its pretty much the New X-men look which was solid

scan0049.jpg

Not as much as Cap in the Avengers. And if you had all the original X-Men in cowls as they were in the comics, you wouldn't notice him as much.

it looks awful on Cap. Best thing they did was removing it and he looks infinitely better in the films without it

See I dont mind those. Its pretty much the New X-men look which was solid

scan0049.jpg

Nah man, that's not being creative to me. That could work for a black ops team like X-Factor or something, but the Uncanny X-Men gotta have individuality and some style.

That's how I knew Fox-Men was gonna be wack when Cykes was like "What were you expecting yellow spandex?" lol.

They'd better not do Gambit without changing his costume.

latest

Why does a man's head need a bra? Where does he even buy pink body armor?

They'd better not do Gambit without changing his costume.

latest

Why does a man's head need a bra? Where does he even buy pink body armor?

The 90s was filled with a bunch of costume elements that should have been kept in the decade. Headpieces, excessive pouches, unnecessary armor, edgy jackets....etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"