MCU X-Men - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'd better not do Gambit without changing his costume.

latest

Why does a man's head need a bra? Where does he even buy pink body armor?

He has his own weird science. :o

Second one on the first row is how it should be done
DQ5fGQ3XUAIWG3B.jpg

A helmet ala Cap that connects to the suit as one piece

The 90s costumes are just too iconic. We will see them in the MCU eventually.

I hope they save them for an "event-movie" where most of the X-Men are together:

Xmenjimlee.jpg

As an artist, Jim Lee (even though he didn't design all these costumes) at his peak was a genius. His designs are timeless, and I think every single costume as he's drawn them in this iconic cover, could translate well to live action.

Marvel/ Disney going for this 90's Jim Lee look (which most of the original animated series went with) would be a great signal move away from Fox Studios boring black jumpsuit look. Marvel are not afraid to dress superheroes like superheroes. I look forward to finally seeing Wolverine in his mask.

Storm's current costume would look awesome

Ddz7pQZXcAAOqUt.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think the Jim Lee looks are that dated and even if they are, Marvel can easily modernize them like they modernized the Romita sr. Spider-Man for HC.

The looks are too iconic to leave out of the MCU imo, this isn't the Singerverse. Marvel won't be afraid to have colorful, stylish costumes

I don't think the Jim Lee looks are that dated and even if they are, Marvel can easily modernize them like they modernized the Romita sr. Spider-Man for HC.

The looks are too iconic to leave out of the MCU imo, this isn't the Singerverse. Marvel won't be afraid to have colorful, stylish costumes

The ones that look particularity bad are Scott and Jean and quite frankly, both have had better looks

Those would look better especially if they went with younger versions

aYwsz4u.jpg

4f160791b52dc146f66a0cfb4194dfd5.jpg

[BLACKOUT][/BLACKOUT]
Second one on the first row is how it should be done
DQ5fGQ3XUAIWG3B.jpg

A helmet ala Cap that connects to the suit as one piece

That one does look good. And yeah, I'm with you. I'd like to see the cowl.

Ddz7pQZXcAAOqUt.jpg

That does look good and I can easily see a costume inspired by that.

When it comes to Storm, I do wonder tho if Marvel can make a white costume work.

Hated that red X Cyclops design.

He looked like Daredevil.

The ones that look particularity bad are Scott and Jean and quite frankly, both have had better looks

Those would look better especially if they went with younger versions

xmen-apocalyse-costumes-187272.jpg

Ehh, I disagree. Scott and Jean (especially Scott's) are pretty iconic looking. And it can look awesome if it's modernized:

Nothing dated about that concept art. It's the iconic Cyclops

Ehh, I disagree. Scott and Jean (especially Scott's) are pretty iconic looking. And it can look awesome if it's modernized:

Nothing dated about that concept art. It's the iconic Cyclops

You realize the second image is pretty much a variation of the image I posted above? It looks better than the dated 90s one IMO

You realize the second image is pretty much a variation of the image I posted above? It looks better than the dated 90s one IMO
Looks more like an adaptation of the second costume Scott got in Astonishing.

This one?

That looks more like X-themed civilian clothing

Looks more like an adaptation of the second costume Scott got in Astonishing.

This one?

That looks more like X-themed civilian clothing

Its not

du5ttrdfdw4rkwn3w6fi.png

That looks alot closer to your concept image than this

AstonishingX-Mencyclops2000_zps89cbedbc.jpg

what second costume are you referring to? He had two. This and the New X-men jacket

eta: Oh Im guessing you mean the Utopia one from Fraction's UXM run. If so, yeah still looks more like Xmen Blue

2289342-a4.jpg

Last edited:

Ddz7pQZXcAAOqUt.jpg

I'd prefer that to her 90s white costume. But I'd prefer something more like her original black costume from the 70s from Giant Sized X-Men.

Its not

du5ttrdfdw4rkwn3w6fi.png

That looks alot closer to your concept image than this

AstonishingX-Mencyclops2000_zps89cbedbc.jpg

what second costume are you referring to? He had two. This and the New X-men jacket

eta: Oh Im guessing you mean the Utopia one from Fraction's UXM run. If so, yeah still looks more like Xmen Blue

2289342-a4.jpg
I wouldn't mind the X-Men: Blue Cyclops if you gave the suit a cowl. It's a really nice design that would be complimented by a full helmet.

I still want to see the Jim Lee suits from the 90s, though. And the strap could be made to have a practical purpose in the movie, so could the head band on Jean.

Speaking of which, no green cloaks for Rogue.

rogue-bigcostume17.jpg

I personally felt like Marvel made the most ugliest, gaudy costumes for them out of spite since they didn't have the cinematic rights to them.

If anyone should have their Jim Lee costume it should be Rogue.

Pouches of spare costumes or condoms.
I was thinking more of like a harness or something, with segments that resemble pouches.. But I guess that works too. :funny: Scott and Jean aren't ready to be parents

Pouches of spare costumes or condoms.

All the X-Men had pouches in the 90s, so none of them should ever have been short of condoms if they needed them.

Also Jean Grey wore a bra on her head like Gambit.

Although I'm used to seeing Scott with his hair out, I think I'm ready to see him wearing that skull-dome. If it looks good on Cap it'll look good on him.

He also better have that switch in his glove so he can fire his optic blasts hands-free. Lets him do super-hero poses.

You know what else we've never seen Cyclops do in the movies? Or the cartoons for that matter? Trick shots.
RiXAd2X.jpg

Scott and Jean's 90s Portacio suits >>>> 90s Jim Lee

X-Factor%2B%252363%2B-%2BNew%2BCostumes.png

HwpxedD.jpg

uFl0EtG.jpg

MCU absolutely can pull off the Jim Lee Cyclops costume. They can take inspiration from Cap's current costume.

Storm's white costume can be pulled off too. They can make it silver anyway. Ghost in Ant-Man and the Wasp was wearing a silver costume and no one complained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"