Disney in talks to buy Fox: X-Men Homecoming? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking at that and imagining Marvel having all of those characters.:hmr:

It should be updated some characters like Human Torch, Storm, Phoenix, Carol Danvers should be more prominent.

But now the movies can feel bigger imo I love civil war but not enough heroes for my taste infinity war too. I want more

give a mouse a cookie... u know the rest

I really do like the idea of the F4 having been heroes/adventurers from the 1960's (So hHnk and Janet Pym knew them) and that in some type of clash with Doom, they all went "poof" and folks just assumed they all were killed but instead they were sent somewhere/somewhen else.

It would involve Kang, Limbo and they could pop up in present day after what only seemed like a few years to them.

Now that marvel will have Kang and therefore Immortus, we better not get the rape of Carol Danvers from Avengers #200.

Now that marvel will have Kang and therefore Immortus, we better not get the rape of Carol Danvers from Avengers #200.

When should Kang appear though?

The embarrassment of riches in the villain department is out of this world now.

Just watching Avenger's: Earth Mightiest Heroes today I kept picking out ppl who are MCU eligible now

Regarding off-shoots of X-Men, I want to REALLY see Alpha Flight and the Starjammers.

I thought there were no more "phases" after this one is done?

That's another problem with Singer films. Characters like Juggernaut, Apocalpyse, Beast that should be CG, are all dudes in suits. It didn't work at all for Apocalpse.

I cringed every time I saw Holt awkwardly running on all fours. Beast has looked terrible last few movies.

PS: I wonder when Sony and Paramount are going to go up for sale? Those studios are doing worse than Fox...
Paramount is in a very bad spot right now. Actually Viacom as a whole is. It is made worse with the Redstone stranglehold keeping them from doing anything drastic to change their situation.

Keep this in mind, with the Fox sale for just a part of 21st Century around ~$60 Billion. Viacom's Market Capitalization (as a whole) right now is only ~$12 Billion. They are currently tiny compared to even Sony is right now even with all the trouble they've had over the years.

If/when this deal is put to bed, I strongly suspect Comcast or Verizon are going to make a play for Viacom and go to war with the Redstone family.

That's another problem with Singer films. Characters like Juggernaut, Apocalypse, Beast that should be CG, are all dudes in suits. It didn't work at all for Apocalypse.

I cringed every time I saw Holt awkwardly running on all fours. Beast has looked terrible last few movies.
Well even some of the practical effects weren't overly terrible. It is what Fox did with the characters that makes it worse.

Case in point: Juggernaut. He is one of the strongest physical characters in the Marvel universe. How does Fox use him? By allowing him to be defeated....by running into a freaking wall. A #%&$^&#%^ wall. NEVERMIND that Colossus is in the same stupid movie and they could have had those two just beat the utter crap out of each other. I'm sorry, but that whole nonsense was just ******ed.

Hell, I'm going to go really far out on a limb here and say that even the frigging Street Fighter movie had some better fight scenes than how Juggernaut was used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xndFE1esEOc

Great article from Variety on the studio's heads:
http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/disney-21st-century-fox-murdoch-fx-1202631508/

It’s understood that high-level Disney and Fox executives had substantive conversations during the Thanksgiving holiday break. But sources at both Disney and Fox say there has been no formal communication with the rank-and-file about the prospect of a deal. The silence has led to much nervous speculation about how a Disney-Fox marriage would be structured, and what it would mean for senior leaders on both sides.

FILM STUDIO

Twenty-First Century Fox CEO James Murdoch praised the one-year-old regime of Stacey Snider at 20th Century Fox for putting the film studio in “a good place” creatively. But would Snider maintain her perch if the studio is sold to Disney? Perhaps 20th Century Fox and Fox Searchlight would endure as a specialty labels within Disney’s film universe, which also includes such content engines as Marvel, Pixar, Lucasfilm, and, of course, Walt Disney Pictures. Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn has had the hottest hand of any studio chief in recent history— thanks in part to the wealth of material at his disposal.

Would there be enough breathing room in the kingdom for Snider to stick around under Horn? Or might she be asked to serve as the sorcerer’s apprentice for a period? Horn, who has been in the role since 2012, turns 75 in February. Disney has faced criticism for its lack of female division heads, and Snider does have a deep resume, having run Universal, DreamWorks and Fox. Some in Hollywood said they could imagine Fox as a stand-alone production unit inside Disney, making more original movies in the vein of Fox’s upcoming awards contender “The Post,” a period drama about the Washington Post during the Watergate era, while Disney continues to focus on the big tentpoles.

The senior leadership in Disney Studios is solidified, Horn, Fiege, Kennedy etc I don't see the Fox big shots sticking around past the initial period.

Guardians IV?

I could see them meeting in the movie like that, but although they are both in space, I would give them a different feel so they didn't feel like a clone.

But yeah, they could be introduced there, and you could plant the seeds about Corsair's past there, the fans would know but the general audience would not. Then back in X-Men you plant clues fans would get, about the Summer's brothers but again, the general audience would not. Then when you have the X-men meet the Starjammers you could tie it together there. It would be a long game but there would be a cool pay off.

The senior leadership in Disney Studios is solidified, Horn, Fiege, Kennedy etc I don't see the Fox big shots sticking around past the initial period.

Stacey Snider is HUGE in the industry. I think she'll be Horn's successor. It may cause some discruntal feelings from Kennedy and Feige, but they'll suck it up.

Emma Watts will probably be promoted to run Fox Studios once Snider is promoted.

Marvel at full strength, the unthinkable is about to take place, Phase 4 is going to be huge, can't even imagine Phase 5 when Wolverine, X-Men, and FF are fully entrenched.

Plus the MCU rogues gallery is going to go through the roof. It's crazy how much they've achieved without some of their biggest stars and now as they are about to reach a crazy, unprecedented peak in CBM history with IW & A4, they're about to go into orbit with all these unexpected reinforcements.

I hope to hell this deal does not go through. X-Men and Deadpool are better off in their own universe. They can have Fantastic Four though.

Also, if this deal happens Disney will become even more of an oligopoly, putting out 40% of films. That would be terrible for the industry and I'm not okay with that.

I hope to hell this deal does not go through. X-Men and Deadpool are better off in their own universe. They can have Fantastic Four though.

Also, if this deal happens Disney will become even more of an oligopoly, putting out 40% of films. That would be terrible for the industry and I'm not okay with that.

Oh its happening. Anyone who is hoping otherwise at this point is in denial. Best thing is to just mentally prepare yourself for the press statement

Deadpool will probably still be its own thing

9wz5v.gif

Thing is when mergers happen, people lose their jobs. It's going to happen. It's the reality of business moves such as this.

Look, it happened with the Lucasfilm purchase. After Lucasfilm got purchased, Lucasarts got shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"