Disney in talks to buy Fox: X-Men Homecoming? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the benefits with having the X-Men in the MCU is that it will allow Marvel to let go of Robert's Iron Man more easily.

The X-Men is a perfect way to replace the popularity of Iron Man.

Magento’s First debut was great, but it’s only a matter of opinion his first appearance is better than say Loki’s or Vulture’s.

IMO Fassy's Magneto has been trending downwards since that appearance. His berating Charles for abandoning the muties who tried to murder him and his subsequent heel turn didn't make much sense in DOFP. And his next heel turn due to having a second family fridged in Apocalypse was even worse. I'd take Loki easily over prequel Mags.

One of the benefits with having the X-Men in the MCU is that it will allow Marvel to let go of Robert's Iron Man more easily.

The X-Men is a perfect way to replace the popularity of Iron Man.

Why would you think that? It's not like with the X-Men for the past 9 years they've eclipsed RDJ in popularity. He's been more popular as a character than them.

The X-Men are mostly angsty and not really very jokey or witty. If audiences want to see that kind of hero, then they're not going to find the X-Men suitable replacements for RDJ's Iron Man.

They won't even compare them to him. They'll compare them to the previous versions of the X-Men.

Why would you think that? It's not like with the X-Men for the past 9 years they've eclipsed RDJ in popularity. He's been more popular as a character than them.

The X-Men are mostly angsty and not really very jokey or witty.
IMO that's because the more lighthearted X-Men characters haven't been portrayed that way on film. Iceman, Rogue, Kitty Pryde, Jubilee (although she's always a cameo in the movies).

Last edited:
I don’t agree at all Dark Raven. The X-Men just haven’t been done properly and now they’re going to get a proper treatment and they will be catapulted to IM status

It’s not surprising that th X-Men are bigger than IM in the comics. If they do the X-Men Justice, they will definitely compare to RDJ. Casting is everything tho. Especially for Wolverine

if they can make iron man relevant then just imagine what they could do for a property that was their most popular property at one point in time.

thats the point some of us are trying to make.

The X-Men are mostly angsty and not really very jokey or witty. If audiences want to see that kind of hero, then they're not going to find the X-Men suitable replacements for RDJ's Iron Man.

They won't even compare them to him. They'll compare them to the previous versions of the X-Men.

Which X-Men do you think you've seen all this time? After 17 years they are yet to do justice to the vast majority of them. Even those who love all the Fox films don't argue otherwise. We've had a great Xavier, Magneto and Wolverine. The first 2 aren't even X-Men. We've had many good and some great films set in the mutant universe but we haven't seen much of what is good about the X-Men characters that made this the most popular 90s comic series.

What are Comcast going to do with the X-Men and FF? Marvel would be mad to let that go to them somehow.

Lol I don't think Comcast cares about those film rights, since Universal is doing just fine with their current franchises. Those rights aren't the reason this deal is reportedly worth 60 billion that's for sure.

In any case, if Comcast were to buy Fox wouldn't the Marvel movie rights revert back to Marvel by default?

PS: I wonder when Sony and Paramount are going to go up for sale? Those studios are doing worse than Fox...

IMO that's because the more lighthearted X-Men characters haven't been portrayed that way on film. Iceman, Rogue, Kitty Pryde, Jubilee (although she's always a cameo in the movies).

yeah all those characters lacked a personality and came across nothing like the comic characters they were based off of

one love, fam

4db5eb9588fcdjpg.jpeg

I wonder what the time frame is from announcement of merger to being able to use characters? Because I myself can’t help but think this deal is going to affect the untitled Avengers 4 somehow in perhaps a small but fantastic way.

I wonder what the time frame is from announcement of merger to being able to use characters? Because I myself can’t help but think this deal is going to affect the untitled Avengers 4 somehow in perhaps a small but fantastic way.

I'd like Stark to be reading a newspaper and there's a article that says "Are Mutants Dangerous?". That'd be easy to incorporate imo

A winery belonging to Rupert Murdoch is on fire in LA along with other celebrities' homes. I wonder if that will hold up the sale because now he'll have more pressing things to attend to.

Marvel at full strength, the unthinkable is about to take place, Phase 4 is going to be huge, can't even imagine Phase 5 when Wolverine, X-Men, and FF are fully entrenched.

I want CGI Beast for MCU X-Men.
Tired of guys in fur suits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"