Do you believe in the Bible Code, Mayan Calender ect.?

C-$

Sidekick
Reaction score
Do you believe that the Bible codes & Mayan Calender to be true or do you believe it's a hoax?

dialog-vega4.gif
There's no such thing as hidden codes in the Bible. That was already proven to be false and stupid. The Mayan Calendar I am not sure about. So no, I don't believe it.

E. Bison said:
dialog-vega4.gif
There's no such thing as hidden codes in the Bible. That was already proven to be false and stupid. The Mayan Calendar I am not sure about. So no, I don't believe it.

When was the Bible codes proven to be false?

C-$ said:
When was the Bible codes proven to be false?
dialog-vega1.gif
A few years ago when it was proven that the formula used to "decode" it could also be used to make up almost anything you want out of it. You see the scholars who thought up of the code noticed certain number symbols that kept coming up in the bible like the number 7,4, 3 and most of famous of all 6 and it's famous counterpart 666. They took it as meaning of a possible hidden code but those numbers are repesentations of conditions set in the bible.

when some one used the same process to find the same messages in other books. the whole process was obviously flawed from the beginning anyway. it was only demonstrated to be false for the sake of those that believed in it and were unable to see the flaws from base principals.

You can take any book, arrange it in a particular fashion, and find "hidden words" in "word searches for people with too much time on their hands, since it beats stalking"

Addendum said:
When were they proved to be legit?

I don't know but when I see that they're have been many events predicted in the Bible codes, it's hard for me to believe that all of it is a coinicidence.

C-$ said:
I don't know but when I see that they're have been many events predicted in the Bible codes, it's hard for me to believe that all of it is a coinicidence.

Kind of like psychics and Nostradamus, huh? I'm sure some of them have gotten a lot of things right.

The more words in a book mean the more letters in a book and the smaller the print means the more letters in a given area. The more letters means the better chance of finding certain words. There are a lot of letters in the Bible.

You can find similar instances in Moby Dick, lyrics for Vanilla Ice songs, the owner's manual to a 1989 Volvo 240DL, and the Encyclopaedia Britannica (to name a few) when you use the exact same method the "bible code" uses

Here's the neat thing about how the Bible code is bull****.

Some skeptic said that he believed that with any lengthy written work you could have a computer look for patterns and skip certain letters in mathematical precision and it would eventually say things that made sense or seemed vaguely prophetic.

So the Bible code guy said "Bologna! You think you could take, say, Moby Dick, run it through the computer and get statements that are relevant today?!?"

So the skeptic said, "Okay, Moby Dick it is."
And he ran it through the computer in the same way that they did with the Bible Code, and got English statements about current events.

C-$ said:
dialog-vega1.gif
Like I said, nothing significant was found in them because the formulas used to find them could also be used to make up anything you want out of them including in other books as well. It was completely flawed. The bible has already given us many prophecies THROUGH WORDS that have and are about to come true.

Addendum said:
You can find similar instances in Moby Dick, lyrics for Vanilla Ice songs, the owner's manual to a 1989 Volvo 240DL, and the Encyclopaedia Britannica (to name a few) when you use the exact same method the "bible code" uses

That must mean all of those are divinely inspired. :rolleyes:

E. Bison said:
dialog-vega1.gif
Like I said, nothing significant was found in them because the formulas used to find them could also be used to make up anything you want out of them including in other books as well. It was completely flawed. The bible has already given us many prophecies THROUGH WORDS that have and are about to come true.

You mean like Jesus returning in the lifetime of the original disciples?

BlackSymbiote said:
That must mean all of those are divinely inspired. :rolleyes:
Or it means that you can find anything you want when you invent a certain method to look for it.

BlackSymbiote said:
You mean like Jesus returning in the lifetime of the original disciples?
dialog-vega4.gif
That was actually a very common misconception but Bible prophecies have made it clear that many other prophecies had to come true before Jesus took the throne as king in heaven and set up the holy government. After that, the Great Tribulation will happen and Jesus will return invisibly and Armaggeddon will take place.

If you do LSD and watch a movie, any movie ever made, the characters can be talking directly to you, with amazing specificity about your life.
Some religious people are on an unfun acid trip.

E. Bison said:
dialog-vega4.gif
That was actually a very common misconception but Bible prophecies have made it clear that many other prophecies had to come true before Jesus took the throne as king in heaven and set up the holy government. After that, the Great Tribulation will happen and Jesus will return invisibly and Armaggeddon will take place.

So when he said as much in Matthew 10:23, Matthew 13:5-30, Matthew 16:28, Matthew 23:29-36, Matthew 24:4-35, Mark 1:14-15, Mark 9:1, Jesus lied?

They asked "When will these things come to pass?" and he said "I tell you, this generation shall not pass away without seeing these things come to pass."

LOL, and Christians always think up some lame "Uh, well, Boba Fett ESCAPED from the Sarlaac pit!, He's not DEAD!" - type excuse.

Hahaha, so hilarious what blind belief in bull**** will make you do.

Matthew 13 tells about jesus telling a story, i.e. a parable

That section in Matthew 23 you mentioned, places some value on the line of thought that the sins of the father are the responsibility of the descendants. I see no way I can agree with that line of thought.

Matthew 16:28 - I must have missed the news report about the individual still living who was around during the first century CE, when the Roman Empire was in full swing.

Matthew 24:4-35 - "The abomination that causes desolation" in the holy place? When was the Temple in Jerusalem rebuilt? Also, be wary of solar and lunar eclipses. It's a sign that jesus will return.

In regard to the passages from Mark, when did he travel with jesus?

I dont believe in anything that doesn't exist. that should answer the question of this thread.

Spider-Bite said:
I dont believe in anything that doesn't exist. that should answer the question of this thread.
All those things exist. It's just a matter of interpretation.

Also, you're kind of implying that you must know of every phenomenon that exists and that you won't even entertain the notion of something that lies outside your perception of "proven existence"....which would be really stupid, because if I went back to the 1500's with a bunch of plutonium, uranium or whatever, and said that I could doom the king to a painful death with these...ROCKS...people wouldn't believe me, until his hair started falling out and he started s***ting blood, etc.

how could people who didnt know the earth was round, predict the end of the world by some cosmic event in the year 2012, millenia before?

FunBobPants said:
how could people who didnt know the earth was round, predict the end of the world by some cosmic event in the year 2012, millenia before?
Ask Miss Cleo, she will tell you.
misscleo.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"