Justice League Do you think WB/DC will do a good job on this movie?

I'm skeptical about the quality of the film just because it seems to be made out of impatience and thrust to get Avengers style cash as opposed to really crafting a special story that can grab audiences and keep them coming back for more. But , who knows , they may end up setting a new standard for these kinds of films. Only time will tell.

It all depends on the people who end up working on this film. If WB happens to get the right director, cast members, and proper creative personnel guiding the film... it could be good. There's been several JL/World's Finest scripts at WB they can incorporate into the shooting draft.

I doubt the script will end up rushed. Production itself... yes if they do end up shooting JL without a solid foundation and story to back it up. And good casting is definitely key.

Everything will be rushed
They'll push too hard to outdo the Avengers
They'll have an overall B-level cast (not always a bad thing, but not exactly good)
They have history fighting against them (the disappointments of all recent DC movies except the Dark Knight Trilogy, which likely won't be involved)

Just way too much working against them. To me, that all adds up to a "probably not."

What will probably be the make or break point for the movie is who will direct it. WB is obviously going for talented directors first.

I'm skeptical about the quality of the film just because it seems to be made out of impatience and thrust to get Avengers style cash as opposed to really crafting a special story that can grab audiences and keep them coming back for more. But , who knows , they may end up setting a new standard for these kinds of films. Only time will tell.

That's really the main problem with this. It's not being made to fill any gap or to break new ground, it's being films as a knee jerk reaction to Avengers, and under that premise it's bound to fail.

I think there could be a great JLA film out there, but not the way this is being approached. If they try and shove this the same summer as Avengers 2 this thing will go down in flames, and the sad thing is it will do nothing to help other comic book movies from being made it will hurt them.

What will probably be the make or break point for the movie is who will direct it. WB is obviously going for talented directors first.

I agree. Once we know who the director is, we'd have a better idea about how it could turn out.

If it's someone like Alfonso Cuaron or Rian Johnson it has a good chance of being a good movie.

If it's someone like Ratner, than we can just write it off. :woot:

If it's someone like Alfonso Cuaron or Rian Johnson it has a good chance of being a good movie.

I love Cuaron's recent work. He definitely has an eye for story and big CGI-heavy sequences... very much evidenced in Children of Men and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

I'd be doing backflips if WB managed to get him. His involvement would definitely be reassuring, and bring in some talented folks who wouldn't be interested otherwise.

I love Cuaron's recent work. He definitely has an eye for story and big CGI-heavy sequences... very much evidenced in Children of Men and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

I'd be doing backflips if WB managed to get him. His involvement would definitely be reassuring, and bring in some talented folks who wouldn't be interested otherwise.
You're right

Snyder is talented but I wish they'd tighten the grip on him a bit. I think that's why MOS was so much better.

Snyder is talented but I wish they'd tighten the grip on him a bit. I think that's why MOS was so much better.

Snyder is amazingly talented, a visual genius who is willing to push story lines. I do agree having someone sitting there asking him a lot of questions as he flows out of his ideas is a good control for him because he has such an incredible imagination. But that's what the script is for. Give him a script he'll be fine.

Again with the 'all he needs is a good script' nonsense.

MOS was so much better because it was specifically a superman story. BvS, just juggled too many plots and big characters.

My favourite HP film. He would do great. Plus HP had a massive cast so he know how to do an ensemble movie. I like Zack though too

Not nonsense at all. 300 and Watchmen are proof of that. MOS and BVS both bad weak scripts

I think Snyder works better with simple storyline 300, and Dawn of the Dead aren't to complex at all. I think Watchmen worked in part because he was trying so hard to follow the comic while making some changes to fit the run time. In MOS and BVS he tried going to deep and philosophical. He can't handle that, but he thinks he does.

I think Snyder works better with simple storyline 300, and Dawn of the Dead aren't to complex at all. I think Watchmen worked in part because he was trying so hard to follow the comic while making some changes to fit the run time. In MOS and BVS he tried going to deep and philosophical. He can't handle that, but he thinks he does.

I wish theyd release an extended cut of MOS because i'd love to see what they cut out of that film.

Cuaron was exactly who I wanted on JL. He would put those characters in a realistic setting without shedding the fantasy elements, it would look beautiful, and u know the man can tell a great story

Cuaron would've been perfect

Not nonsense at all. 300 and Watchmen are proof of that. MOS and BVS both bad weak scripts

I thought 300 and Watchmen were just okay. I actually think Dawn of the Dead was his best film though I had a lot of issues with it and rate it as only kind of good.

I have my doubts about whether he can actually pull together a narrative and do something special with it, even given the proper tools. His movies really are just pretty to look at.

Last edited:
Until we hear some news on the direction or after seeing SS and WW connected to the DCEU, I'm not sure if WB will deliver JL that could be on par with the success of Avengers.

A film having a good script is subjective, but if we go by the general consensus both films are in the 60's on RT. It's doesn't disprove jmc's point at all. If anything, Watchmen further proves his point - he took one of the most critically acclaimed comic of all times and turned it into a film that's barely a certified fresh. He basically took a brilliant script and made a mediocre film out of it.

Not to mention Terrio's involvement in BvS. Terrio was the one all the enthusiasts were banking on to fix any issues with the script. How many "good scripts" does Snyder have to get before people go "enough is enough"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"