Justice League Do you think WB/DC will do a good job on this movie?

A film having a good script is subjective, but if we go by the general consensus both films are in the 60's on RT. It's doesn't disprove jmc's point at all. If anything, Watchmen further proves his point - he took one of the most critically acclaimed comic of all times and turned it into a film that's barely a certified fresh. He basically took a brilliant script and made a mediocre film out of it.

RT scores are subjective because reviews are subjective. You are basing these movies on a score of maybe a 100 or so people to determine what you consider a good movie. How is this considered a general consensus, i think a IMDB score is more of a general consensus considering its generally a few 100 thousand reviews. On top of that, a critic can write a mixed review but has to pick "fresh" or "rotten" on RT.

Not nonsense at all. 300 and Watchmen are proof of that. MOS and BVS both bad weak scripts

Any good director knows when they are working with a weak script and knows how, where and when to make alterations during filming. So explain to me again why is he is such a brilliant director when he needs his scripts to be so perfectly written in order for him to produced something even remotely watchable? It's time for people to wake up and smell the roses, you can all like Snyder as much as you watch, but man the hell up and acknowledge that you simply like a director with some serious skill shortages. You'll get far more respect from others if you all just stop trying to make out like he's this misunderstood auteur and simply admit you like a seriously flawed director.

I used to like Snyder..until BvS came out. Now I'm kind of ambivalent on him. We could have worse (Uwe Boll directing comes to mind) but we could also have much BETTER.

Still shocks me how Snyder managed to talk his way into being one of the heads of the DCEU braintrust, and director of BVS/JL/JL2. Even though I liked MOS, and it made some decent BO, I was pretty sure whoever did the next Superman/DC movie was going to be a new guy. I was surprised when he got the BVS gig, and even more surprised when he was announced as director of BOTH JL movies.

As much as I hoped he would get the boot on JL 1. I still think he's got to make big improvements for JL 1 if he wants to get his hands on JL 2.

He's not changing anything not matter how many complaints. WB love his work and he will stay. Style and all. WB would of got rid of him by now. After Watchmen, Man of Steel and BVS all mixed films from fans and critics. Getting rid of him is a pipe dream.

Any good director knows when they are working with a weak script and knows how, where and when to make alterations during filming. So explain to me again why is he is such a brilliant director when he needs his scripts to be so perfectly written in order for him to produced something even remotely watchable? It's time for people to wake up and smell the roses, you can all like Snyder as much as you watch, but man the hell up and acknowledge that you simply like a director with some serious skill shortages. You'll get far more respect from others if you all just stop trying to make out like he's this misunderstood auteur and simply admit you like a seriously flawed director.

Well that is certainly subjective, as I thought BVS was genius. On the flip side, I think that the Marvel movies are compete and utter trash, and not very good examples of filmmaking at all, but I would never tell someone "Just admit you like a bad director"
It's like when people on this board tell me "Its fine that you have an opinion about BVS, just admit that its the wrong one because the majority disagrees with you"
k.

WB gave Zack a Aston Martin just because, do you guys really think they were going to fire him? I doubt he'll ever be fired from a WB job unless WB changes their staff or their Filmmaker 1st approach.

Well that is certainly subjective, as I thought BVS was genius. On the flip side, I think that the Marvel movies are compete and utter trash, and not very good examples of filmmaking at all, but I would never tell someone "Just admit you like a bad director"
It's like when people on this board tell me "Its fine that you have an opinion about BVS, just admit that its the wrong one because the majority disagrees with you"
k.

I don't mind if someone likes/hates BVS. I do mind that a Majority of people did not like BVS.

I wish people would stop posting b.s. rumors like "Cavill may not return to play Superman again", "Ben Affleck has been disappointed with Daredevil, and now again with BvS, he is no longer interested in playing Batman again, he fears it will taint him. "JL part-1 will be even darker than BvS."

And comments like -"Sell DC to Disney" or even better, "sell Warner Bros. to Fox / Disney".

I mean, really ? :whatever:

Last edited:
No way.
Unless they choose to do something else entirely and have a good script writer telling Zack to know his place and when to not involve himself with making the script.

As much as I hoped he would get the boot on JL 1. I still think he's got to make big improvements for JL 1 if he wants to get his hands on JL 2.

If jl1 is not well received how do you get a quality filmmaker to come in and do part 2?

Half the budget for JL2 will be used to convince Abrams to come and save another dying franchise. :o

Half the budget for JL2 will be used to convince Abrams to come and save another dying franchise. :o

J.J. saved nothing. Tommy Chong could have directed The Horse Awakens and it'd be a billion-grosser. Probably more entertaining, too. Imagine doobs as long as lightsabers!

Star Trek Into Darkness sucked. Nor did it make as much money as they were hoping it would. Worse, it resembles a Star Wars movie even more than the 2009 reboot.

Sure-Jan-Brady-Bunch-Tumblr-meme.gif

Oh, did you mean Mortimer Abrams? My apologies. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"