Justice League Do you think WB/DC will do a good job on this movie?

The Overlord

Superhero
Reaction score
Do you think WB/DC will do a good job on this movie? It seems like WB/DC has spent too much time trying to play catch up with Marvel/Disney. Take for example Green Lantern, in many places it seemed to trying to be similar to Iron Man, with commercials even dubbing it "Iron Man meets Star wars" only it didn't do a good job with story and characters like Iron Man did. Justice League was in development hell for years and only after Avengers did so well, now it seems like they are trying to play catch up again. So I think there are some concerns.

Last edited:
Given WB/DC's Comic book adaptation record.

magic-8-ball1.jpg

I fear this might not turn out so good. Unlike what they say, this would probably not reach Avengers level :(

far be it for us to complain about them lacking the foresight in giving the keys to a guy like nolan in hindsight, but they should have known that a filmmaker like him wouldn't have wanted to keep making these sort of films. sooner or later he would have cut bait.

imo, if it was a possibility, i think the jump off point for the dc/post tdk universe could have been gl, but they completely ****ed that up. so here we are now.

they should at least have some easter eggs about some other leaguers in mos if an expanded universe is what they want.

Given the only thing we know so far, the script writer, I'd say so far yes.

Also, given their first choice director- Ben Affleck- I'd again say they are taking this seriously and want to make a good film.

ЯɘvlveR;24944145 said:
they should at least have some easter eggs about some other leaguers in mos if an expanded universe is what they want.
There are rumours about a WW cameo. But I think it could be even better with a re-cast GL cameo. Because of the film, the GA have a little more awareness about the emerald knight than the amazon warrior.

There are rumours about a WW cameo. But I think it could be even better with a re-cast GL cameo. Because of the film, the GA have a little more awareness about the emerald knight than the amazon warrior.

yeah I've heard.

WB is a great studio but I get the impression they're not giving it to the right people in-house. Meaning, the wrong execs, the wrong middle management, and the wrong producers are overseeing this thing.

Im currently adopting a wait and see approach with the JL but Im not being optimistic as Im well aware they have a more difficult road than the avengers did.

Last edited:
I'm leaning towards uhhh... no.

i also think that part of the success it will or won't have will depend on how many heroes will be on the team. in the speculation thread they mentioned the number 7. why? cause its more then that avengers team?

all you need is superman, wonder woman, batman, the flash, and green lantern for now. you really think you need more?

ЯɘvlveR;24947485 said:
i also think that part of the success it will or won't have will depend on how many heroes will be on the team. in the speculation thread they mentioned the number 7. why? cause its more then that avengers team?

Because that is how many members are in the Justice League.

ЯɘvlveR;24947555 said:
but it doesn't have to start out that way. especially when there isn't much but mos going on. its gonna be a cluster ****.

Why is it? Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring introduced 9 main characters, 2 antagonists and several supporting characters and is widely regarded as a near perfect film.

Why is it? Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring introduced 9 main characters, 2 antagonists and several supporting characters and is widely regarded as a near perfect film.
Don't mention it. Now people will start saying "but this isn't LOTR". :(

i suppose you don't really need an origin story for every hero, but maybe some of them do. personally, i don't have a problem sitting my ass in a movie theater for 3 hours as long as they do it well.

Well Lotr had 3 hours to work with. Theres also the fact that the job was easier to pull off.The backgorunds werent as disparate as in a JL team.
Not saying it cant be done but Id rather we get a 5 man lineup.Simply because of WB track record with non Bats/supes heroes

Well Lotr had 3 hours to work with. Theres also the fact that the job was easier to pull off.The backgorunds werent as disparate as in a JL team.
Not saying it cant be done but Id rather we get a 5 man lineup.Simply because of WB track record with non Bats/supes heroes

If the runtime of JL isn't around 150 or more, I'm gonna be pissed.

EDIT- It's not that bad for backgrounds, there are plenty of links that could be made:

Wonder Woman/Aquaman: Wonder Woman is birthed of the Greek Pantheon, Atlantis could be related to Poseidon (I'd have Poseidon be the first king and original owner of Aquaman's trident, hence the tension between Themyscira and Atlantis).

Green Lantern/Martian Manhunter: Space Cops

Superman/Aquaman: Extraordinary beings raised by humble good folk who inspired them to do good.

Superman/Martian Manhunter: Last of alien race.

Batman/Flash/Martian Manhunter: Detectives.

Last edited:

right.

If DC/WB would produce live action comic book movies of the same quality as their animated movies, Marvel would be the ones playing catch up. I mean, I dug Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. But almost everything else has been kind of disappointing. Man of Steel looks great. I just watched the animated Wonder Woman movie last night. What a great movie! I would love to see something similar in live action. I haven't given up on Justice League..it could end up taking the top spot in CBM's for me (currently held by The Avengers)

ЯɘvlveR;24947773 said:
i suppose you don't really need an origin story for every hero, but maybe some of them do. personally, i don't have a problem sitting my ass in a movie theater for 3 hours as long as they do it well.

I'm not sure any of the Justice League need an origin story.
Everyone and their grandmother knows Superman's and Batman's origins.

Wonder Woman can be very easily explained if she tells the other League members that she is a warrior princess from Themyscria (plus from a business stand point especially if WB was smart and could get Lynda Carter to cameo as Hippolyta, think about how many people will buy the complete series of Wonder Woman).

GL's origin was seen in 2011.

Flash could be the difficult one, not sure of how many people of the GA have seen the old Flash tv show, but on the other hand his origin could be summed up in a sentence or two. "I was working one night during a thunderstorm, bolt of lightning shot through the window hit my rack of chemicals that splashed all over me. Woke up with this speed." Or something along those lines. (Same thing with Flash as with Wonder Woman. Throw a line or two in the movie referencing the Flash tv show and people will buy it.)

If Aquaman is in the film, I would want the writers to bring in the New 52 Aquaman the bad ass one. His origin they don't have to show until his movie if they want, but I want the jokes to fly at him though like in his comic.

Last edited:
I'm not sure any of the Justice League need an origin story.
Everyone and their grandmother knows Superman's and Batman's origins.

Wonder Woman can be very easily explained if she tells the other League members that she is a warrior princess from Themyscria (plus from a business stand point especially if WB was smart and could get Lynda Carter to cameo as Hippolyta, think about how many people will buy the complete series of Wonder Woman).

GL's origin was seen in 2010.

Flash could be the difficult one, not sure of how many people of the GA have seen the old Flash tv show, but on the other hand his origin could be summed up in a sentence or two. "I was working one night during a thunderstorm, bolt of lightning shot through the window hit my rack of chemicals that splashed all over me. Woke up with this speed." Or something along those lines. (Same thing with Flash as with Wonder Woman. Throw a line or two in the movie referencing the Flash tv show and people will buy it.)

If Aquaman is in the film, I would want the writers to bring in the New 52 Aquaman the bad ass one. His origin they don't have to show until his movie if they want, but I want the jokes to fly at him though like in his comic.

Yeah and you can sum up most of the Avengers origins in a sentence or two, that doesn't mean it wasn't a good idea to have some movies to introduce all the Avengers characters to the general audience. I think just some throw away quote about Iron Man's origin is not nearly as effective as seeing it and thus knowing why we should care about Iron Man, instead of giving his origin in a throwaway line. I don't think Avengers would have made over 1 billion dollars if it wasn't for the leadin movies.

Yeah and you can sum up most of the Avengers origins in a sentence or two, that doesn't mean it wasn't a good idea to have some movies to introduce all the Avengers characters to the general audience. I think just some throw away quote about Iron Man's origin is not nearly as effective as seeing it and thus knowing why we should care about Iron Man, instead of giving his origin in a throwaway line. I don't think Avengers would have made over 1 billion dollars if it wasn't for the leadin movies.

Except Iron Man's origin is much better than say Flash's. Tony was held hostage and was forced to make a weapon and we get to see the first Iron Man armor.
Barry's origin is kinda boring to be honest. He was dosed with electrically charged chemicals that made his body move faster. Not really a epic story there.
I will give you yes Diana's is more of a story but as far as telling it in the JL movie she can tell it in a few sentences. Besides if the CW goes forward with the Wonder Woman tv show then we will see Diana's origin right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zelzela
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"