• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Doctor Who - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was that line she said after she shot up the Silence TARDIS?
"Better not let my old-man see this, he wouldn't like it" Or something of that nature.

"My old fella didn't see that, did he? He gets ever so cross."

I think she meant the Doctor would've had a problem with her killing everybody in the room like that, because he didn't seem to have a problem with River laying some cover fire so he, Amy, and Rory could escape. Earlier in the scene, we also got the Doctor telling the Silents she'll kill at least three of them, followed by the Doctor and River flirting about how she'd kill eight just for him.

That's it!!!
I think it means something else... and that he did see.
(Sorry, I'm still in the "River is the daughter of Amy and Rory" camp).

And I think the Thread Manager is a Silence. KILL ON SIGHT!!! :cmad:

What was that line she said after she shot up the Silence TARDIS?
"Better not let my old-man see this, he wouldn't like it" Or something of that nature.

"My old fella didn't see that did he? He gets ever so cross."

Could be referring to the Doctor because sometimes it's not amiss for a woman to call her other half 'Old fella', or maybe she is talking about her father, could her father be Rory?

This line is going to be one we revisit once we have all the answers and be like Ohhhh she was talking about him. Because at the moment she could be referring to anybody.

Edit - oops Manic you beat me to it!

And with this thread, we're on Tom Baker(4th thread)

He didn't seem to have a problem with ordering the human race to became mass killers either.

He also didn't have a problem with letting the Angels fall into the Crack.
If the Silence left after the Doctor told planted that post hypnotic suggestion in every humans brain, then he would not have commited genocide, he would have just begun a revolution.

And what consequences might be felt by that in the modern day? For all we know, Amy and Rory's time was controlled by the Silence still, and their disappearance could have slipped the Earth into a downward spiral of destruction. What if the Silence were what kept everything together?
What am I talking about, of course they're gone! 2011 sucks. Half the world is in rebellion and the US is falling apart at the seams.

And with this thread, we're on Tom Baker(4th thread)

Bring out your scarves! Eat your jelly babies! Call all your favorite journalists, military doctors, robotic dogs, savages, Time Ladies, annoying teenage boys, alien geniuses, and Aussie flight attendants!

He also didn't have a problem with letting the Angels fall into the Crack.
If the Silence left after the Doctor told planted that post hypnotic suggestion in every humans brain, then he would not have commited genocide, he would have just begun a revolution.

And what consequences might be felt by that in the modern day? For all we know, Amy and Rory's time was controlled by the Silence still, and their disappearance could have slipped the Earth into a downward spiral of destruction. What if the Silence were what kept everything together?
What am I talking about, of course they're gone! 2011 sucks. Half the world is in rebellion and the US is falling apart at the seams.

I didn't really get exactly why the "silence" needed killed. Apart from sort of using humans for there own needs, did they mass kill them or anything or have a ultimate plan to wipe them out? They seemed just kind like a parasite piggybacking humans (part of nature) then "evil". Also who's to say them piggybacking humans for there own needs was a bad thing? When they need stuff (like a space suit) according to the show, it wasn't mans interest but them that spurred them to the moon. They also seem to mention being there since "The wheel" and "fire" who's to say they aren't the reason for that technological advancement? Maybe humans don't want a revolution, maybe the doctor is just a nosey *****bag interfering with nature and stuff?

Also, he's ordered everyone, not just adults.
What happens if a 10 year old see's one? Are they suppose to go to mommys kitchen drawer and take a kitchen knife? What if it causes them some sort of psychological damage long term? What if they child just gets blown up with one of there death rays when it's just trying to defend itself? What if religious people against violence are now forced to kill because the Doctor think he is mankinds real dictator of destiny?

trollface.gif

I had a response to that post, but I'm going to completely ignore it now because you used a trollface at the end.

I had a response to that post

Wait... what, seriously? Even the kitchen knife thing?
I think it probably would have been more interesting and thought provoking a conclusion if the "silence" weren't made outright bad and continued to co-exist with humans but forced to do so in a more peaceful manner. From what I read doctor who is trying to make it bigger in the USA so I wouldn't be surprised if the "bang bang, get out" had something to do with that.

Last edited:
The Silence aren't going to get wiped out. They're too good at hiding and surviving. The Doctor's just pretty much made it impossible for them to live on Earth and meddle in human affairs anymore. They'll go into hiding, and maybe use that alien tech they've been leeching to get off the planet.

I'm thoroughly convinced until a loop is thrown that the little girl has to be Amy's child. The Doctor never once corrects her if the baby is in danger of being different from traveling across time and space. They joke about it, but he never once tells her the cold heart facts like he normally would when a companion worries about something. Combine that with the fact he was worried enough to confirm for himself if she is or isn't by using the Tardis.

Unless that scene was used by Moffat to set up a fake diversion from who the little girl truly is. It seems like he loaded a Chekov's gun and will fire it later.

I'm thoroughly convinced until a loop is thrown that the little girl has to be Amy's child. The Doctor never once corrects her if the baby is in danger of being different from traveling across time and space. They joke about it, but he never once tells her the cold heart facts like he normally would when a companion worries about something. Combine that with the fact he was worried enough to confirm for himself if she is or isn't by using the Tardis.

Unless that scene was used by Moffat to set up a fake diversion from who the little girl truly is. It seems like he loaded a Chekov's gun and will fire it later.

That's what I thought. Why else have the picture of Amy holding her baby in the girl's room. I just couldn't reconcile how old she had gotten.

I think the doctor probably realized the envelope thing had something to do with it like it's a timelime not quite set or something, and didn't want to risk buggering it up.

Something just hit me. Either the Silence aren't all wiped out, or the team changed history. Otherwise, how did Amy see that Silent in 2011 just before the Doctor is killed?

Isn't the gun the space suit person fires the same one River uses to shoot them up? With the green thing.
(checks on iplayer)

One thing i still dont understand is why this episode was set 3 months after the cliffhanger of part one, Why the Doctor was captured and why Amy, Rory and River had seperated and were being hunted by Canton(who was in on the plan) and then faked their deaths??

One thing i still dont understand is why this episode was set 3 months after the cliffhanger of part one, Why the Doctor was captured and why Amy, Rory and River had seperated and were being hunted by Canton(who was in on the plan) and then faked their deaths??

They spent the three months making sure the Silence where actually everywhere. They also needed to get the prison built to make sure they could have a safe place beyond the Silence's control. Notice how the Doctor was kept under constant watch out in the open, where the Silence couldn't get to him without being spotted and shot on sight.

The manhunt was an undercover operation to make the Silence think that Canton and Nixon were still under their control, and that they were ending the resistance against the Silence's plans (by imprisoning the Doctor and killing his friends).

I just re-checked. River gun is red and the one that shoots the doctor is green. We notice during the fight his screw-driver shoots green crap out of it though. Also when he is "shot" at no point the camera gives a closeup of the gun. Also noticed this in rapid "screencap" action!

plugincontainer20110501.jpg

Which reveals, nothing. And was a total waste of time.
I'll try get the HD version as well.

Last edited:
Yeah, that was pretty clever. As for the Doctor "ordering" the human race to kill the Silence, I kind of give his blatant no-killing hypocrisy a pass this time.

1) The Doctor gave the Silence his customary one chance to surrender and they basically laughed at him, and one of their own said that they would never stop manipulating humanity for their own ends.

2) The Silence had already been at this unrepentantly for thousands of years.

3) This Doctor isn't quite so hypocritical as Ten, in that he doesn't mind River using a gun, he didn't seem to hold Amy's shooting the spaceman against her, he didn't get mad at Canton for plugging that one Silence full of lead, etc.

Yeah, that was pretty clever. As for the Doctor "ordering" the human race to kill the Silence, I kind of give his blatant no-killing hypocrisy a pass this time.

1) The Doctor gave the Silence his customary one chance to surrender and they basically laughed at him, and one of their own said that they would never stop manipulating humanity for their own ends.

2) The Silence had already been at this unrepentantly for thousands of years.

3) This Doctor isn't quite so hypocritical as Ten, in that he doesn't mind River using a gun, he didn't seem to hold Amy's shooting the spaceman against her, he didn't get mad at Canton for plugging that one Silence full of lead, etc.

I gotta say, I had trouble holding my excitement with the way the episode ended. Anybody glowing yellow and shooting it and all directions is such a oddly exciting thing isn't it?

Best two part opener in any TV show ever. :D Doctor Who is king of TV. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"