Doctor Who - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there yet more loose ends with River Song still to be tied up? I had really hope that episode was just a way of putting them all to bed, so that we could finally move on.

Rory had the best line in this one: [BLACKOUT]"Shut up, Hitler!"[/BLACKOUT]

superb ep and a great start to the series, this should be quite interesting

Similar to the deleted scene from Series 5

[YT]dM_WpGtDZAE[/YT]

first time i've ever seen that, brilliant clip. may sound really geeky/pervy but amy is the best companion i've seen and the actress is pure sex on legs:wow:

This episode was better than 6 of the 7 episodes of the first half.

The opening of this episode made me a bit worried. It seemed a bit, I don't know, off and cheesy. But it got SO good afterwards. There were no "surprises" per se but I things are definitely coming together and I like the way that they are. I feel that this series shall mark an end of the river song arc. I've loved it but I think to drag it on for one more series would be pushing it. This episode also was one of the funniest DW episodes I've ever seen. Laughs aplenty. I love how [BLACKOUT]Hitler is still stuck in that cupboard :lmao:[/BLACKOUT]. There will doubtlessly be people who will be offended by this but I personally thought it handled the Nazi subject matter well and plus [BLACKOUT]Hitler is barely in it.[/BLACKOUT] Overall an excellent episode and one that finally gave some answers. Also I [BLACKOUT]Love me a regeneration so it gets an extra point on that front.[/BLACKOUT]

Meet-Dave.jpg

I sorta wish Mells was in a small part of last series. If the guy on the laptop in The Eleventh Hour had been Mells it would've been extra nice.

Line that really made me lol

"Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Führer'"

I sorta wish Mells was in a small part of last series. If the guy on the laptop in The Eleventh Hour had been Mells it would've been extra nice.
She was pretty...

"Rory put Hitler in the cupboard" :awesome:

good episode

spolier alert
Episode was basically River Songs origin.

Fun and Entertaining. The Doctor died instead of Rory for a change.

Loved The Doctors Scottish jokes and the holograms of the past modern era female companions. The effect for the 'Meet Dave' robot was cool.

What do you mean the Doctor died for a change? That's the third we've seen the Doctor die in the past 9 episodes.

One major gripe I had with this episode
was Amy and Rory's nonchalance about not being able to bring up Melody and that she was brainwashed and all. They are also perfectly fine about leaving her. I know there is nothing they can do but where's the conflict? It makes it seem like they don't care and just want to carry on having adventures like nothing has happened. Now I'm not a parent but I imagine If I was and this happened to me I'd be pretty torn up by it all. In fact I'd be bloody distraught. And the "but they were friends with her in Leadworth" excuse would not compensate at all.

The rest of the episode was great. This particular gripe just aggravates me and sticks out like a sore thumb.

Last edited:
The opening of this episode made me a bit worried. It seemed a bit, I don't know, off and cheesy. But it got SO good afterwards. There were no "surprises" per se but I things are definitely coming together and I like the way that they are. I feel that this series shall mark an end of the river song arc. I've loved it but I think to drag it on for one more series would be pushing it. This episode also was one of the funniest DW episodes I've ever seen. Laughs aplenty. I love how [BLACKOUT]Hitler is still stuck in that cupboard :lmao:[/BLACKOUT]. There will doubtlessly be people who will be offended by this but I personally thought it handled the Nazi subject matter well and plus [BLACKOUT]Hitler is barely in it.[/BLACKOUT] Overall an excellent episode and one that finally gave some answers. Also I [BLACKOUT]Love me a regeneration so it gets an extra point on that front.[/BLACKOUT]
I had that same concern. The opening of the episode was terrible. But it all turned out okay. I'm not as wild about this episode as others are, but it definitely wasn't bad. :up:

One major gripe I had with this episode
was Amy and Rory's nonchalance about not being able to bring up Melody and that she was brainwashed and all. They are also perfectly fine about leaving her. I know there is nothing they can do but where's the conflict? It makes it seem like they don't care and just want to carry on having adventures like nothing has happened. Now I'm not a parent but I imagine If I was and this happened to me I'd be pretty torn up by it all. In fact I'd be bloody distraught. And the "but they were friends with her in Leadworth" excuse would not compensate at all.

The rest of the episode was great. This particular gripe just aggravates me and sticks out like a sore thumb.

I feel the same way.

Not to mention that Melody has basically had an entire childhood of torment and torture at the hands of the Silence. I suppose as parents, they know that their daughter is safe and happy and will turn out okay and that they will see her again....but there should be at least some regret. I still think that the Doctor will ultimately save young Melody from the Silence, prevent his death and re-write history for the Ponds.

Other than that, tremendous episode. The stuff with Hitler was hillarious.

I was thinking that

also explains why
River can't regnerate in the future

Was the hospital the one with the cat faced nurses from RTD era?

Well, the nurse was dressed the sae but she wasn't a cat, so I'm not sure.

Well, I loved it. The game of death and flirtation was funny, I liked the origin story, and dig the Doctor's new coat.

I'm actually a little disappointed that [blackout]Mels won't be sticking around as a companion.[/blackout]

I'm a little curious about what happened with the Doctor and Melody. [blackout]Since Melody gave up her remaining regenerations to save the Doctor, does that mean the Doctor has all of her regenerations? From what I understood from Melody, she seemed to have only used up 3 of her lives, so if she had 10 lives left, that means the Doctor has a full whomping 12 lives left.[/blackout]

Well, I loved it. The game of death and flirtation was funny, I liked the origin story, and dig the Doctor's new coat.

I'm actually a little disappointed that [blackout]Mels won't be sticking around as a companion.[/blackout]

I'm a little curious about what happened with the Doctor and Melody. [blackout]Since Melody gave up her remaining regenerations to save the Doctor, does that mean the Doctor has all of her regenerations? From what I understood from Melody, she seemed to have only used up 3 of her lives, so if she had 10 lives left, that means the Doctor has a full whomping 12 lives left.[/blackout]

They could say that if they wanted to, I guess.

But the way I take it [blackout]the Doctor was dead dead, not just mostly dead like when he regenerates (otherwise his regeneration would have been enough to bring him back after being shot by the astronaut). So it took all of the regeneration energy to bring him back, meaning he's still got his original 2 regenerations left.

Although, if we do get to 14th Doctor, they could have 13 regenerate, saying that he did inherit some of River's. From that point on, the Doctor wouldn't know how many regenerations he has left, if any. Which would be interesting.[/blackout]

I was presented with an interesting theory.

You know how the Doctor was [blackout]dying, but he (for some reason) took the time to change clothes[/blackout]? What if the Doctor used that time to go somewhere else entirely, get something else important done, and then came back to Germany?

I was presented with an interesting theory.

You know how the Doctor was [blackout]dying, but he (for some reason) took the time to change clothes[/blackout]? What if the Doctor used that time to go somewhere else entirely, get something else important done, and then came back to Germany?

When The Doctor was [BLACKOUT]inside the TARDIS, dying and talking with the projection of little Amy, he seemed to have figured something out when she said "Fish fingers and custard".[/BLACKOUT] Maybe this is linked to the moment in "The Eleventh Hour", when we briefly see little Amy waiting outside in the daylight and she looks up, having heard the TARDIS. That was never mentioned again and we know that The Doctor never came back for the Amy he is travelling with now until years later.

"Why are we here?"

That's my guess. People who've seen the episode will know what i'm talking about.

I thought the ep was alright. Everything seemed a bit rushed and like others have said, the whole not raising their own child was sort of glossed over. I loved the first 20 minutes or so...amazing directing. Then after that it sort of seemed like lets try to fit 2 or 3 episodes into 1.

River can't be the impossible astronaut. The suit is built for a child and we know where she's been from birth to second regeneration.

"Why are we here?"

That's my guess. People who've seen the episode will know what i'm talking about.

I think it could possibly be "Why?", as the Rebel Flesh/Almost People two parter made a point of emphasising the Gangers asking this.

or it could be the oldest question of the whoniverse

Doctor Who?

So Rivers timeline is:

- Born in Demon's Run [melody]
- Brainwashed and brought up by those ppl. [melody]
- Shoots The Doctor in the space suit. [melody]
- Regenerates in NY alley [-> mels]
- Travels to Britain and befriends Amelia [mels]
- Gets Rory and Amy together [mels]
- Takes them to Berlin and regenerates [-> river]
- Gives up regeneration ability to save The Doctor [river]
- Starts studying archeology [river]
- Season 5 and 6 takes place? Her episodes in reverse order.[river]
- The Doctor meets her for the first time and she meets him for the last time in Silence in the library/Forrest [river]

I bolded where I guess Season 5 and 6 takes place but I am not sure.. Is this correct?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back