Comics Does anybody think Spider-Man will be leaving NY because of CW?

Kool-Aid

Sidekick
Reaction score
I just read the solicitations for ASM #535 and this is what it said.

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Aug06/solicitations.html
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #535
Written by J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI
Pencils & Cover by RON GARNEY
CIVIL WAR Tie-in
“THE WAR AT HOME”
Caught in the throes of the Civil War that’s ripping apart the super hero community, Spider-Man contemplates a move that will mean new friends and new foes. In a conflict of this magnitude, three is no middle ground -- Peter Parker’s move will cast him as either George Washington...or Benedict Arnold. Part 3 (of 6).

Joe Q said heros will be moving to Canada and such because of what side they chose. So do you think they'll have to take Spidey outta the state maybe even the country?:(

If Spidey moves anywhere, I have doubts it'll be permanent. For me, it feels like another ploy to shake it up for a while, then return to the status quo again. :( I read the first Civil War, and I'm seriously trying to stay optimistic about it, but with all the "catastrophic" events in the last couple of years, I get bad vibes.

Since New York has been the Spidey Mythos site of all things Parker, I doubt he'd stay gone too long. Besides, what would happen to the rogues? They just randomly take a trip to Canada for fun? ....that would make a rather comical Sinister Six storyplot though.

I think they mean a symbolic move more than a literal one. As in, he will switch sides.

Yeah, but I wouldn't put it past them.

Joe Q: Spider-Man going to Canada is the best idea. Such potenial for new stories.

*after weeks of fan complaints*

Joe Q: Relax its just temporary.

MaxCarnage said:
I think they mean a symbolic move more than a literal one. As in, he will switch sides.
yeah, this is the most plausible reasoning....

Every year I strat to hate more and more about eveything marvel does to spidey. I still hope they don't reveal who he is to the public in CW.

Spidey in Canada? Does that mean that he's going to join Alpha Flight?

Terry

Where could Spidey really go, anyway? New York is his home turf; after years of web-swinging and fighting villains there, he knows it backwards and forwards. Not to mention that New York was almost designed for his mode of transportation; I can't think of another city in the world better-suited to swinging. He won't be going anywhere, I think.

Aloha,
I can see MJ and Aunt May moving to Canada for safety as well as to get away from the whole super hero mess.Peter knows that the Iron Spidey suit is BUGGED ( no pun intended). He will do something to get it as far away from him as possible.Maybe throw it into Niagra Falls.
Spidey rules

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"