Comics Spider-Man in August

All I have to say right now is Sacasa is my hero. :D

For me it's USM, maybe FNSM, and Sensational (no wonder they changed it from MK...it really is sensational.):up:

shinlyle said:
Wow....looks like a pretty good month!

I'll be getting:
USM #98 and 99
USM Annual #2
Sensational Spider-Man #29
Spider-Man Family: Amazing Friends

I'm tempted to get FNSM#11 for the return of Mysterio, but I fear it'll be the lame-ass Mysterio from Spider-Man/Black Cat.....:(

Even tho that was a lame ass Mysterio I would be quite pleased if PAD returns to him. One thing you can say in PAD favour, despite his dodgy scripts right now is that even if he does not handle it so well (Flash) he does tie up loose ends and this is to be commended as it helps bring all the Spidey books together as one timeline of continuity.
You can't say thats a bad thing, this element of PAD's work is one of the only positive things we have right now.
Also he could easily make it so that Mysterio was a lakey.

Citizen_Kaine said:
ASM535_Cov_Col.jpg

FRNDSM011_FLCOV.jpg

SENSM029_COV_col.jpg

ULTSM098_400_col.jpg

ULTSMANN002_cov.jpg

BEYOND002cmyk_600.jpg

MARVTU023_cov.jpg

Awesome covers, Medina back on SSM!!!!!!!!
That rules, I suspected he might be a three issues at a time kind of guy, can't wait I love this book. Too bad about the suit.

Dangerous said:
Even tho that was a lame ass Mysterio I would be quite pleased if PAD returns to him. One thing you can say in PAD favour, despite his dodgy scripts right now is that even if he does not handle it so well (Flash) he does tie up loose ends and this is to be commended as it helps bring all the Spidey books together as one timeline of continuity.
You can't say thats a bad thing, this element of PAD's work is one of the only positive things we have right now.
Also he could easily make it so that Mysterio was a lakey.

Yeah...PAD deals with the loose ends and such, but I just have a hard time picking this book back up with the Uncle Ben crap. I have a line, and that story is about 3 steps over it.

I'll POSSIBLY give it another try witht his arc. FNSM (story-wise) has been a real let-down for me. Love Weiringo's artwork, though. He was born to draw Spidey. He even does a good job of drawing whoever-the-hell-is-starring-in-the-books nowadays.

The current storyline is a little dodgy (FNSM) but at least it's Uncle Ben from a different timeline, brought to Peter's continuity by the time traveling Hobgoblin of 2211.
This means while it's a bit hooky, I can now read the story and enjoy it for what it's worth. It's not like they have ressurected the 616 Uncle Ben.

Dangerous said:
The current storyline is a little dodgy (FNSM) but at least it's Uncle Ben from a different timeline, brought to Peter's continuity by the time traveling Hobgoblin of 2211.
This means while it's a bit hooky, I can now read the story and enjoy it for what it's worth. It's not like they have ressurected the 616 Uncle Ben.

I get what your saying, man, but I can't suspend my disbelief long enough to read that. Spidey dealing with time-travelling supervillains...? That's just not what I think Spidey should be fighting. That's Avengers or X-Men or Fantastic Four type of stuff.

Fair enuf,
The book does need to find its feet soon tho as it's a bit all over the place.
One notable change about PAD's work is that it used to be really serious and gritty, but these days FNSM reads more like a funny book.
I hope w/ the advent of the Mysterio arc PAD gives us something a bit more meaty and a bit less stupid.

Dangerous said:
Fair enuf,
The book does need to find its feet soon tho as it's a bit all over the place.
One notable change about PAD's work is that it used to be really serious and gritty, but these days FNSM reads more like a funny book.
I hope w/ the advent of the Mysterio arc PAD gives us something a bit more meaty and a bit less stupid.

Exactly. I don't want to hate on PAD, but he really needs to pull it together soon and turn out some classic-feeling Spidey stories. Sensational is owning FNSM right now.

So does anyone think that the clone in USM might be of Aunt May? She's dating Warren Miles... and that would be a bizarre kind of twist.

I'm really liking the FNSM cover as well as the Venom one.

Mara Jane said:
So does anyone think that the clone in USM might be of Aunt May? She's dating Warren Miles... and that would be a bizarre kind of twist.

Im thinking it's Gwen Stacy's clone...

Well, great.... Medina is back on SSM... :( :down :( :down

That would explain the [SIZE=-1]beautifully colored, but monstrously [/SIZE]weird and distorted Spider-Man climbing on a well rendered building. I'm sure the all the people inside are equally well drawn and UGLY! :mad:

JRJr took some getting used to, but at least HE grew on me. Medina's art is just getting more and more irritating. I recognize his talent, but I'm just NOT... what's the word... "bonding" to his characters.

My dislike of the way he draws... Mary Jane, for instance... takes me out of the story. Instead of thinking, "oh, no, MJ is going to get shredded by the Man Wolf..." I think, "why does MJ have short stringy hair that's styled like Pebbles Flintstone... she looks more like a hag than a model... what the hell is the artist thinking?!"

Pebbles Flintstone, LMAO!!! :up:

I don't mind Medina that much, that's just a funny comparison. :D

See, I don't mind Medina's artwork, in fact, it was starting to grow on me. I do agree that his women need some work. There was one shot wher eBlack Cat showed up, and she was totally cross-eyed!!

Still, he has a very McFarlane-ish style, and I like that. His artwork has improved on this title since he started, too. I'll stick with this book....mainly because it's the only 616 Spidey-title worth a damn.

Doesn't this just reak of what Doc_OCK_4MUGEN said months ago?

Flash Thompson gets the Iron-Lackey costume and develops a first time ever hatred for Spider-Man, because he doesn't back up the government (maybe) and then essentially becomes a high tech Venom.

It does work, but again, no originality. Can't someone write something that is not either regurgitated, Green Goblin pulling strings, or a combination of the two?

JMS is a telent-LESS hack copycat.

Well if it does you already know that:
a)I predicted the future
b)Marvel is ripping me off
c)Pure coincidence

I presonally hope it's C but it would be funny if it's B
JMS is not a talentless hack copycat... He has Spider-man destroying skills like,being an A-hole skills, crappy ideas skills, continuity ignoring skills... Gosh! what an IDIOT!!

Captivated said:
Well, great.... Medina is back on SSM... :( :down :( :down

That would explain the [SIZE=-1]beautifully colored, but monstrously [/SIZE]weird and distorted Spider-Man climbing on a well rendered building. I'm sure the all the people inside are equally well drawn and UGLY! :mad:

JRJr took some getting used to, but at least HE grew on me. Medina's art is just getting more and more irritating. I recognize his talent, but I'm just NOT... what's the word... "bonding" to his characters.

My dislike of the way he draws... Mary Jane, for instance... takes me out of the story. Instead of thinking, "oh, no, MJ is going to get shredded by the Man Wolf..." I think, "why does MJ have short stringy hair that's styled like Pebbles Flintstone... she looks more like a hag than a model... what the hell is the artist thinking?!"

If you don't like the art don't buy the book.
I think it's really cool that both artists on FNSM and SSM are distinctive from each other.

Black Cat fans;

This month also begins a three issue mini series entitled "Claws" which teams Felicia and Wolverine.

Sounds like a spoof of The Most Dangerous Game, with the two heroes trapped on an uncharted island, and being hunted by high tech millionaires for sport.

Thought it sounded interesting....

whats with the Scorpcrapvenom cover? from what book is that?

Venom Drool said:
whats with the Scorpcrapvenom cover? from what book is that?

It's from the new mini-series called Beyond

CaptainStacy said:
Black Cat fans;

This month also begins a three issue mini series entitled "Claws" which teams Felicia and Wolverine.

Sounds like a spoof of The Most Dangerous Game, with the two heroes trapped on an uncharted island, and being hunted by high tech millionaires for sport.

Thought it sounded interesting....

THAT I will buy for sure. I love odd combos like that, and I'm a sucker for Felicia.

Doc Destruction said:
THAT I will buy for sure. I love odd combos like that, and I'm a sucker for Felicia.

Same here, I'm a sucker for Felicia. She's one of my favorite characters and this should be a pretty interesting team up.

Can't wait.

Well then you guys might also want to pick up Heroes For Hire #1 this August as well...

It's a new ongoing and Black Cat is going to be a big part of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"