Comics Does anyone actually care what happens to Aunt May?

Now here's a REAL freaky scenario where Big Red could get his kicks.

Okay, marriage busted. MJ knows and remembers, Peter doesn't. Agony. In the new world they live near each other, making it worse.

May is restored to her youth, but doesn't know either Peter OR MJ. More agony! We find out what May was like back in the day as she goes buck wild.

Peter has some memory of something with MJ, and can't convince May they're related. Agony continues!

And in the pits, Redboy laughs...

Well if the theories some people are kicking around are right you may be partially right.

If indeed MJ goes behind Peter's back to make the deal with Mephiso, Mephiso may say that since Peter isn't in on it, only he will forget the marriage, while she is to keep it to herself forever.

In MY humble opinion, no Silver Age characters should ever be killed off. Period.

In MY humble opinion, no Silver Age characters should ever be killed off. Period.

I wouldn't agree with that at all. If it serves a story, if there is a point to it, if its not contrived, then a writer should feel free.

The death of Kraven is considered one of the best stories after all.

I'm sure, sooner or later, some ******* is gonna bring Kraven back.

I'd say that was his only GREAT story. He was in a BUNCH of good stories. ASM # 103 and #104 come immediately to mind.

Yeah... but that story was good more because of Gog than Kraven...

Man, Gil Kane's art in that story rocked... :word: :word: :word:

:yay:

Kraven and Gwen are in the same sad category: famous for thier deaths. Gwen, unfortunately, was only written as the perfect girlfriend before her death and Kraven has been made into one big gay joke after his. (See all the TTT's.) They forget that he was a hardass character.

Enter Loki.

He gives Pete the favor and retcons the unmasking so that his secret ID goes back in the bag so that MJ doesn't get killed. Then you've got two birds with one stone. You've got Aunt May back in the grave where she should have been years and years ago. And you've got the secret ID back in the bag, and it's a lot more logical and better than what they've done SO FAR.

Pending a miracle in the fourth part I just don't see this story being so good.

see i wouldnt be happy with that. thats why im mad at mephisto in the first place- I HATE RETCONS. specifically time travel retcons. DC has went and redone half of their characters histories NUMEROUS times because somebody gathers enormous amounts of cosmic power and disrupts the space/time continuum therefore giving whoevers in charge the Batman/Superman/Lex Luthor that they want and i f#@#! hate it.

I LOVED what they did with Avengers Initiative #7 and now everyone is second guessing if Peter really is Spider-Man. it was freakin genious! i even bought the issue after i read the whole thing-twice! i think they solved the unmasking right there.

As for aunt may, i think it is time for her to go. how old is she now? 102? its sad to see her go, but its time to marvel allows the peter to start a new life with mary jane as his support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"