Days of Future Past DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 4

It wasn't just Silver, you also had Jeff Robinov (who ran the studio) with his boneheaded decree of not greenlighting films with female leads. Robinov left last year but you could see where their mentality was at the time.

Well Robinov was one who said Man of steel would be WB's biggest success of all time
and would do Billion WW.SIlver defently didn't help matters.

Why does Ms. Marvel deserve a film before other heroines?

Wonder Woman, I agree though.

She is the most iconic and definitive heroine. Blame WB's incompetence on being unable to bring her to the big screen. They had Joss Whedon at their fingertips, ready to go (with Cobie Smulders as his Diana Prince) but they fired him and when he asked what it was they wanted out of the property, nobody could give him a straight answer.

They could have been the first but they blew it.

In Sony's case, they at least have a female running the studio, so you know she's going to be pushing hard to get a female superhero film made.

Well, to be fair, Joss Whedon didn't exactly know much about the WW mythos, and ended up creating his oun villain, who knows what else he changed. On the other hand, there was Refn, a rising film Director who considered Wonder Woman to be his dream project, WB has ignored him so far, what i'm liking in Marvel Studios is how they don't go for the obvious candidates, they give lesser known Directors the chance to shine as long as they show an interesting vision on the franchise they're taking.

Wonder Woman should be the first next generation movie to be made.

I'd love to see a Women of Batman movie. Batgirl, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Catwoman, etc.

Agreed although I have to admit it is some what fun seeing some people completely loose it over a picture or casting choice without even giving anything a chance. Having an opinion is fine of how you think something might or might not turn out but boycotts and throwing the toys out the pram doesnt really achieve much anything, its unlikely to change.

Its also funny to see how things turn around. When the first news of Ben Affleck as the new Batman came out people had their pitch forks out, now a couple of black and white pictures and a leaked Comic-con mini-clip later and some are foaming at the mouth and writing off Nolan's Batman as trash and this is the "true" Batman. Some like to go from one extreme to another though, I get that.

:up:

Far too much overreaction going on. All it does is create an inhospitable environment for a few months and then becomes a big waste of time on retrospect.

I don't like the apparent vision for the F4 reboot. The last thing i'd ever think when i'm thinking Fantastic Four is "grounded".

Jack Kirby would be rolling in his grave if you said to him they were gonna ground the Fantastic Four and make them more realistic.

From the various interviews I've concluded that "Grounded" doesn't mean dark and dreary and joyless but small scale and character driven with realistic science. Following the formula that worked with Rise of The Planet of The Apes and First Class.

tumblr_mxvvoz1xnh1qz7kjgo1_500.jpg

I understand the reference, don't see how it relates.

I could see Black Cat or Spider-Woman being successful if they are written and directed well simply because it'll be different than anything else that's out in the superhero market right now.

The comic movie viewing audience and most mainstream moviegoing audiences are clamoring for a female led superhero movie. Any studio that jumps on that bandwagon and makes a film that's anywhere close to being good, will win in the end.

Agreed, which makes the reaction mystifying, people are calling for something, they get it and react by hating on it :huh:

BRAVO, We don't know if the movies will be good or not but Sony tries something new.
Fans should recognize that .

Trying something new should be applauded, especially for Sony as they've been accused of being too formulaic

From the various interviews I've concluded that "Grounded" doesn't mean dark and dreary and joyless but small scale and character driven with realistic science. Following the formula that worked with Rise of The Planet of The Apes and First Class.

And for me, that shouldn't be the approach to the Fantastic Four. Will we ever see proper versions of Galactus and the Surfer? Of Annihilus and the N-Zone? Of Dr Doom?

Kinberg has said the sequel will go bigger and more fantastical.

Given that both Dawn of The Planet of The Apes and X-Men Days of Future Past did that I believe him

Yes.Kinberg already said they want to use silver surfer In future.

Using rise of planet of the apes+Dawon of planet of the apes and FC/DOFP they can go bigger In sequel.

The neagative Zone may be part of first film.Doom Is the villain of the reboot.

Well hopefully that's true. And i'll still give the film a chance. I just think the idea of grounding the Four with realistic science etc is limiting the imagination and creativity Kirby and co intended for them when they were conceived.

Just the repackaging of the Spider-Man franchise but with most of the same people involved.

How so?

It could be a Black Cat or Silver Sable movie, Have no Peter Parker and use a Villain or character not used in any Spider-Man movie thus far.

So what? The james Bond films are still being written and produced by those
who thought Die Another Day script were good ideas.

Too many let Sam Rami off the hook for Spider-man 3.Yeah he didn't want to
use Venom but other ideas of film he thought were great like description of sandman,Sandman killing Ben parker,and "New Goblin"

Big mistake with ASM2 was them listening to those who complained about SPidey suit,dark tone and look of the Lizard In ASM1

Well, my company's dedicated film writer gave GoTG a score of 5 out of 5.

He gave DoFP a 4 (saying the 'script often puts exposition ahead of momentum' but he did conclude 'Action-packed instalment shows X Men franchise is in no danger of running out of steam').

Two women at work also went to see GoTG on the first weekend, on the basis of good word and its appeal as a refreshing space romp. They loved Groot, Rocket Raccoon, the humour and the soundtrack most of all.

I haven't yet seen GoTG, as i was away last weekend, and will probably try to go this weekend.

Groot is so awesome. There is a sequence near the end that is so, so funny (you'll know it when you see it). And then he has one of the most heart warming moments too.

Groot steals the show for me.

But Bautista's Drax was a pleasant surprise also. Great comic timing.

Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too fast.

haha i liked his other one in the finale too. METAPHOR!

:funny:

I loved that all the members of GOTG stole the show at some point. I really didn't expect Drax to stand out as much as he did.
Big mistake with ASM2 was them listening to those who complained about SPidey suit,dark tone and look of the Lizard In ASM1

The Spidey suit was much better here, I'd argue perfect. That didn't ruin the film or was a mistake in any way. Electro was better visually then The Lizard but Dain Dehaan was also a stronger/darker villain then the Lizard overall. Those complaints were fair. The main issues I saw were the jumbled script and Electors weak backstory. Also the Parent backstory just needs to go.

Last edited:
They were all awesome
but Drax was wonderful suprise. Dave Batista really did an excellent job. Kudos again to casting..

If I had to pick the weakest one it would probably have been Saldana. Not sure if it was just the script or her acting.

I guess I could agree, even still I thought she was great.

I liked Gamora a lot. She just wasn't given much/any memorable/funny lines, like the rest were.

Why does Ms Marvel deserve a film before other female superheroes? No one gave a **** about Carol until Bendis made her his pet 6 or 7 years ago.

Monica Rambeau is a better character anyway.

Wow, that's hardly the case at all. Bendis barely did anything with her, that was all in her own series and other stuff that she was getting pushed in. If anyone was a "Bendis pet" at that time it was Jessica Drew.

I'd love to see a Women of Batman movie. Batgirl, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Catwoman, etc.

That would be cool!

Kinberg has said the sequel will go bigger and more fantastical.

Yeah and it also depends on the box-office performance, like if the reboot turned out to be a big success (financially), I believe they'll make the sequels bigger in terms of scale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"