Iron Man 2 Don Cheadle joins IRON MAN 2!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Common as War Machine...hmmm.... though I think he is better suited for Jon Stewart. I agree with Wallace though, they seem to not put much detail into the casting for black characters which is terrible. Though i do think Howard was a good look for War Machine

Yeah--I could really see him as Rhodes/War Machine

ya, he looked like a really concerned friend. However his voice needed to be toned down for me.

You could really see how bad he felt every time Stark disregarded him (I'm sorry--This is the fun-vee. The hum-drum-vee is back there)

Ya, oh well he is gone. I am still trying to see Cheadle as the type of guy who would deck out his suit with a load of guns. Cheadles over all physical characteristics seem more in line with stealth or something like Tony's suit of armor.

Uh...what was so confusing about that?

Movies and comics are two seperate things. Just like Wolverine wasn't short in the X-Men flicks, Rhodey does not have to be super buff in an Iron Man flick. Howard wasn't in the first one.

Last edited:
Ya, oh well he is gone. I am still trying to see Cheadle as the type of guy who would deck out his suit with a load of guns. Cheadles over all physical characteristics seem more in line with stealth or something like Tony's suit of armor.

Well, thanks to rushed production, we don't have to wait too much to see how it turns out

Well, thanks to rushed production, we don't have to wait too much to see how it turns out
ya, so far I am kind of scared about this production. I love Iron Man too so (shrug)... I am still waiting for the perfect fantastic four movie with a perfect Dr. Doom.

Common as War Machine...hmmm.... though I think he is better suited for Jon Stewart. I agree with Wallace though, they seem to not put much detail into the casting for black characters which is terrible. Though i do think Howard was a good look for War Machine

Common needs to take a few more acting classes.

Common needs to take a few more acting classes.
Most definitly but so far he isn't half bad imo. Smoking Aces actually really surprised me with his acting ability. Not that he was stunning but I think he might have potential eventually.

He couldn't play Rhodey, anyway. It's in his contract that he dies in every movie (somehow Smokin' Aces weasled around this clause). :hehe:

he is contracted to die in all his movies? American Gangster? Smokin Aces? I didn't see that Keanu movie or Wanted so hmm I don't know

It's possible he will bulk up but definitely not necessary. The movie has nothing to do with the comics.

the "nothing" part of that post ^. it has something to do with the comics. the comic is the source for the movie.

Movies and comics are two seperate things. Just like Wolverine wasn't short in the X-Men flicks, Rhodey does not have to be super buff in an Iron Man flick. Howard wasn't in the first one.
I understand that the movies do not completely follow the stories and characterization of the comics, but some of it does show up in the movies. although, not a complete remake of the comics, the origin of iron man was somewhat similar in the movies. and the Mark I almost look the same in the movie and comic.

he is contracted to die in all his movies? American Gangster? Smokin Aces? I didn't see that Keanu movie or Wanted so hmm I don't know

It was a joke, dude. But yes, he's died in every movie except Smokin' Aces, so far.

the "nothing" part of that post ^. it has something to do with the comics. the comic is the source for the movie.

I understand that the movies do not completely follow the stories and characterization of the comics, but some of it does show up in the movies. although, not a complete remake of the comics, the origin of iron man was somewhat similar in the movies. and the Mark I almost look the same in the movie and comic.

You took that "nothing" a little too literally. Obviously the movie is based on a comic book.

It was a joke, dude. But yes, he's died in every movie except Smokin' Aces, so far.
Oh I know it was a joke, I am just showing how unfunny it is.
but again American Gangster he didn't die, but that was a 3 second role. Now if you want a character who does the same stuff

Orland Bloom: Sword play and blacksmithing.

Oh I know it was a joke, I am just showing how unfunny it is.
but again American Gangster he didn't die, but that was a 3 second role.

Ah...I was thinking about T.I. Oh well, he "died" in terms of acting, anyway...3second role or not. :down His best acting job so far was in Street Kings, another quickie role.

I heard he was the only thing that made Street Kings watchable.

I really dont care either way. Mostly because its Cheadle whos a fantastic actor.

But Howard should return. after all his praising of the Iron Man series in general, his castmates, and his excitement to play War Machine definitely has me shocked.

I think in the end Howard will be back. Howards holding out for more money, Marvel has a tentative deal with Cheadle. Im sure they are trying to scare Howard in to coming back.

But Howard should return. after all his praising of the Iron Man series in general, his castmates, and his excitement to play War Machine definitely has me shocked.

Well, he wasn't going to s#@* on the movie while he was promoting it.

Well, he wasn't going to s#@* on the movie while he was promoting it.

But he didnt have to act so enthusiastically either about future installments, stories about him and his father reading Iron Man when he was growing up, and loving War Machine who (technically) never appeared in the first place.

He definitely went a little further than he had to as far as promoting. RDJ and Favs didnt even seem as enthusiastic abut sequels as he did.

Well, I was a little surprised, but not shocked - it's not like its the 1st time there has been a recast in a superhero/comicbook movie.

Only these film franchises have kept all their characters in continuity (till now) with out any recasts:

Blade
Fantastic 4
Spider-man
Transformers
Superman

And then, there are franchises where there has been recasts due to schedule, money, or other unavoidable circumstances:

X-men : Beast, Pyro, Shadowcat
Batman(Burton/Schumacher franchise): 3 differet Bruce Waynes
Batman(Nolan's franchise): Rachel Dawes
Crow Series: different Crow for each movie

(I see THe Incredable Hulk as reboot so its not a recast. And For Punisher Warzone - it also seems like reboot but will have to see the movie to confirm it).

^neat

They also recast Kitty Pride in every single movie

Not to be too rude about it, but it's funny that people keep talking about how this guy or that guy looks like the comic book character and you keep denying actors can look like comic book characters.

Common would be decent, but I'd like him to grow out his damn hair.

Well, I was a little surprised, but not shocked - it's not like its the 1st time there has been a recast in a superhero/comicbook movie.

Only these film franchises have kept all their characters in continuity (till now) with out any recasts:

Blade
Fantastic 4
Spider-man
Transformers
Superman

And then, there are franchises where there has been recasts due to schedule, money, or other unavoidable circumstances:

X-men : Beast, Pyro, Shadowcat
Batman(Burton/Schumacher franchise): 3 differet Bruce Waynes
Batman(Nolan's franchise): Rachel Dawes
Crow Series: different Crow for each movie

(I see THe Incredable Hulk as reboot so its not a recast. And For Punisher Warzone - it also seems like reboot but will have to see the movie to confirm it).

The Crow is also a different character everytime though. And the 3 different BRuce Waynes wasnt favorable. And Beast, Pyro, and Shadowcat were all extras before recasting (you barely even saw Beast) i think it would be weird now to recast those characters unless theres a reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"