Iron Man 2 Don Cheadle joins IRON MAN 2!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrance looked the part of JR also. It is hard to imagine Cheadle as Jimmy

Well at least they didn't opt for 50 Cent. There is always that.

I am going to take them down tony...or DIE TRYIN

Lol, can you imagine seeing his stupid face inside the helmet? His HUD with just be targeting everyone's jewelery and random women.

"tony dere are lights going on in my helmet! This reminds me of being in Da club....or DIE TRYIN"

It's funny how no one expected Rachel Dawes to be back for TDK ESPECIALLY if the role were recast... evryone expected Terrance Howard to be back... that's what makes these recasts so damn frustrating... because it's so suprising... it's funny how everyone now (myself included) says Norton won't return as Hulk in Avengers... watch them recast RDJ and bring back Norton a few years from now for Avengers... that's just the way it goes in this business.

Last edited:
That sucks, I liked Howard. Ah well, Don Cheto is a great actor anyway.

Disappointing, but not the end of the world. Cheadle is the better actor IMO.

Even though he doesn't look the part, he'll do fine. This is nowhere near the Katie/Maggie re-casting, Rhodes is a bigger part BY FAR. Like someone said earlier, it would be equal to re-casting Oldman as Gordon.

Let's wait and see how Cheadle does first, shall we?

I hate recasts, especially for huge hit films that everyone has seen. However, there is a plus to this, because if there was anything wrong with Iron Man, it was Terrence Howard as Rhodes. Maybe Howard was told to act the way he did, or maybe not, but he sure as hell was not the tough ass Rhodes from the comics. Not only did he seem a bit punk-ish, but he did not have enough bass in his voice.

Do not get me wrong, Terrence Howard is a fantastic actor, but he was seriously more tough in Big Momma's House than in Iron Man. I hate recasts, but when the successor is a superior actor, it eases the pain. Go ahead, Don Cheadle.

:up:

oldman is irreplaceable. They would have not made TDK if oldman was not on board..probably not but ya.

"tony dere are lights going on in my helmet! This reminds me of being in Da club....or DIE TRYIN"

Lol jesus... well I feel better now, it could be worse.

doncheadlelz3.jpg

Ya I can see Cheadle doing it, though he doesn't seem like the type of guy who would deck out his armor with gattling guns, missile launchers etc. etc.

Just seen the news; much like everyone else's reaction, mine was like 'WTF???!!!'

For the sake of continuity, re-casts to such important characters are hardly ever good; it's normally a fun thing to see an actor evolve a role over the course over a succession of films. Obviously, now we won't get to see that.

It wouldve been nice to see Howard in some armor.

However, I'd be lying If I said that I wasnt enthusiastic about seeing Cheadle's Rhodey alongside RDJ's Tony.

I have a lot of time for Cheadle and he is more of a 'marquee' name.

Did anybody see 'Traitor'? It looked like a rental to me.

I hate recasts, especially for huge hit films that everyone has seen. However, there is a plus to this, because if there was anything wrong with Iron Man, it was Terrence Howard as Rhodes. Maybe Howard was told to act the way he did, or maybe not, but he sure as hell was not the tough ass Rhodes from the comics. Not only did he seem a bit punk-ish, but he did not have enough bass in his voice.

Do not get me wrong, Terrence Howard is a fantastic actor, but he was seriously more tough in Big Momma's House than in Iron Man. I hate recasts, but when the successor is a superior actor, it eases the pain. Go ahead, Don Cheadle.

Agree with most of this - Howard's voice when he came in the house looking for Tony was very feminine - "Tony!!, Tony!!" came off very light, and I'm sure most can agree with that.

Cheadle is the better actor, but physically they could have went with Cuba Gooding Jr or Wesley Snipes just as easy I think.

Snipes is in jail whoopin ass!

but seriously, I do think there are actors out there who fit the build better then Cheadle. I would have loved Cheadle in any other role though. The Warmachine armor doesn't seem to fit Cheadle at all though.

This sucks. I liked Terrence Howard as Rhody. I was getting really excited for the prospect of seeing him in War Machine armor in a future movie. Now that won't happen. Terrence is probably upset as well. He seemed to really understand the character and seemed to really enjoy playing him. Don Cheadle's a good actor, though, so we'll see how this ends up.

Last edited:
I'm really not a fan of recasting, as much as I like Cheadle. Howard was fine, and he fit the role perfectly. Things like this never work. I mean, look at Rachel in Batman Begins/The Dark Knight.

Oh wait...

It's so odd to wake up to this news today. I was thinking about this just the other week, and was thinking that, in the event of a recast, the best choice would be Cuba Gooding Jr. I don't mean to take anything away from Don, but I just don't see him in the role. However, since the deal is done, I guess we'll all have to cope with it.

This is disappointing. I liked Howard as Rhodes as well... and I just like continuity in franchises in general.

That said, Cheadle is the bomb. He'll knock it out of the park, even though he doesn't seem to fit the part now.

I liked Howard as Rhodes but I think Cheadle can pull it off.

:applaud

First, if we're staying 'true to the source material' then Cheadle is better already. A dark skinned, highly intelligent military man who was the same size as Tony Stark.

Howard was far taller than RDJ, how was he supposed to fit in the Mark III armor? Also, like Warhammer, I have never, ever cared for Howard as Rhodes. Sure, he did a decent job, but he always seems so "soft" He never seemed to have that bravado that a tried and true soldier would have. To me, he'll always be that pimp from 'Hustle and Flow'.

And for those who say that this is the first sign of a bad sequel, you're insane. This is the first sign of an INCREDIBLE sequel! This is the 'Daniel Craig Replaces Bosnan' sort of headline. This sequel is about to be darker and deal with some issues that have some real weight. Demon in a Bottle is about to get the serious actors it deserves. Cheadle will blow this so far out of the water that you crying fanboys will leave the theater saying, "Who was that first guy again? He sucked!"

I can guarantee that Favreau and RDJ are excited about this. This is a real cast of A-Listers now! I can already see the on-screen dynamics between RDJ and Cheadle being incredible.

Oh, for those who think Cheadle needs to buff up, check out "Traitor".

a_br10qcheadle_0528.jpg

216773-133062-war-machine_super.jpg

Kind of disappointed that TH won't be back but I have no worries that Cheadle can pull it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"