Iron Man 2 Terrance Howard was fired because of his HEIGHT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timstuff

Avenger
Reaction score
Today, an odd idea popped into my head, and after checking some facts I think I may be onto something.

Robert Downey Jr. is 5' 8¾" tall. Terrance Howard is 6' tall. Part of Iron Man 2's story involved Rhodey stealing Iron Man's armor and wearing it. For that to work, Terrance Howard would either have to fit into the same armor as RDJ, or Marvel would have to construct a new suit for him. Now look at Don Cheadle-- he's 5' 8½", only ¼" shorter than Robert Downy Jr.

Personally, I think it's awfully suspicious that they decided to fire an actor who was over 3" taller than RDJ and replace him with someone who was the exact same height. I think some bean counter at Marvel probably realized that it would be more economically effective to just re-cast Terrance Howard with Don Cheadle so that they would not have to modify or rebuild his armor.

Am I going crazy, or do you think that I might be onto something?

Today, an odd idea popped into my head, and after checking some facts I think I may be onto something.

Robert Downey Jr. is 5' 8¾" tall. Terrance Howard is 6' tall. Part of Iron Man 2's story involved Rhodey stealing Iron Man's armor and wearing it. For that to work, Terrance Howard would either have to fit into the same armor as RDJ, or Marvel would have to construct a new suit for him. Now look at Don Cheadle-- he's 5' 8½", only ¼" shorter than Robert Downy Jr.

Personally, I think it's awfully suspicious that they decided to fire an actor who was over 3" taller than RDJ and replace him with someone who was the exact same height. I think some bean counter at Marvel probably realized that it would be more economically effective to just re-cast Terrance Howard with Don Cheadle so that they would not have to modify or rebuild his armor.

....OR maybe it was because he was being a dick and asking for too much money.

Here's a look at the "physical" suit Don Cheadle was wearing in this specific scene.

6-2.jpg

The size argument is completely irrelevant.

Here's a look at the "physical" suit Don Cheadle was wearing in this specific scene.

6-2.jpg

maybe his thighs were too big to wear the sensors :rimshot:?

They went for alot of the CGI half suit, so that they could get the motion right. In the first film, they would have downey dress up in the full suit only to do a scene and have him point as somthing, only to find his range of motion was restricted. So they would stop the scene and have the crew come on and remove the piece that was restricing his motion and let the CGI guys put it back in.

On this film they learned from what didn't work in the first film, and often had him in partial suit. You see the same thing from set footage of the doughnut shot.

Damn, the thread title implies that its a fact when its only a theory. Anyway, i agree about the heights being important but i doubt they did it for that.

6-2.jpg

No its not because in IM1 Howard was obviously a lot taller than RDJ, while Cheadle looked about the same. The suits are CGI, but the characters arent. But even so i dont think that was the reason Howard was fired.

Ineresting theories but I think your reading into it much.

Which reminds me of the first Swamp Thing movie costume which was made for a smaller actor but Dick Durock who is taller had to stretch himself into the costume because the costume dept didn't have the budget to make another bigger suit for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"