Iron Man 2 Don Cheadle joins IRON MAN 2!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always disappointed when an actor can't return for a role, but honestly, this is a trade up in my book. I like Terrence Howard, but Don Cheadle is a better actor. Not by a whole lot, but better. I doesn't bother me that Marvel went for a more affordable actor. Marvel is a very young movie studio and has to keep a eye on their bottom line at all times. I can't blame them for crunching numbers. Better stingy than out of business.

I don't know what the reasoning for this was, but Cheadle is one of the greatest actors of our time, so I'm cool with it. Howard is good too, but I would still give the edge to Cheadle.

*sigh* I liked Terrence. Eh, Cheadle ain't bad though.

In these times one must be cheap. Don Cheadle coming at a cheaper price then Howard, this is a strange world. Sucks due to continuity, but its not like they are replacing the main star himself ...

hmmm.....this is certainly interesting news.....

One thing that I felt about Howard's performance as Rhodes was that it was kind of "subdued." Maybe it was Howard's voice, but he just felt a bit subdued in his performance......

which is odd......because Cheadle strikes me as more of a "subdued" actor........that is, he strikes me as more of an "actor's actor" or drama actor......not as an "action actor."

for Rhodes, I would think of that guy who played Spawn in the live action movie ( wasn't he also briefly in TDK? ). That guy strikes me as more of a "tough guy" than either Howards or Cheadle......

Cheadle is a good actor and all, but Howard was just a better fit for Rhodey/War Machine IMO. Plus I REALLY hate re-casts.

I'd rather they kept Howard. Sure, I hated his voice, but that's OK. I guess Cheadle will do.

Ugh, they shouldve just payed him, he deserves it. Its not like he's Katie Holmes or someone like that. Cheadle, as great as he is, doesnt strike me as someone who can play WM.

But you can tell how much he loved playing Rhodey.

I am getting more and more wary of Marvel and the way they're doing business. After the post-Iron Man fiasco, with not immediately resigning Faverau, the 2-year timeframe for part II, stiffing Howard on the money (apparently).

One hit movie and all the sudden they think they're invincible.

:whatever:

A.) You don't know what the deal with Favreau was- maybe he was holding out for more money, maybe it wasn't reported immediately, etc.

B.) The majority of sequels are two years- Batman, Spiderman, all of them, pretty much. If it was anything less, people would be complaining it was rushed.

C.) Maybe Howard was asking for too much. Fact is we don't know.

So maybe everyone should calm down and quit *****ing about Marvel because, the fact is, they brought us some great movies last summer, and are doing the Avengers and combing the universes, which I thought was what most fans wanted.

To Me Howard was Rhodey.... DC is an Awesome actor but he justy isn't Rhodey

From syndicated movie columnist Roger Moore:

Big Movie-Smart Move; Cheadle to replace Howard in Iron Man 2

Watching Iron Man last summer, you couldn't help but feel there was the occasional weak spot in the cast. Good as he always is, Jeff Bridges didn't seem quite right as the uber villain. And Terrence Howard, despite having the most obvious "Here's where the sequel will go" lines, seemed awfully soft for his military man role. You got the feeling that super sensitive Howard was not going to be the best choice to navigate the broad, bigger-than-life path that his character, James "Rhodey" Rhodes is to take in future Iron Man movies. Don Cheadle, a far edgier player, will take over the role in Iron Man 2.

Howard is a fool if he was asking for too much money. Marvel is a fool if they didn't want to pay fair wages. It's probably a little from colum A and B.

I'm shocked at this news, Howard seemed so excited. Gosh, I don't really know how to feel because Howard wasn't bad enough for to be Holmes'd so I'm not jumping up and down about this. This will be a distraction and was not needed like it was in TDK...still I've never been in love with Howard and he was kinda the weakest link. Cheadle is an upgrade but I didn't want this to happen.

mixed reaction from me.. like both actors, but I wanted Howard to continue on, he seemed amped to continue the franchise.. if it was just a money thing I don't see how it could fall apart so easily.. in past interviews, Howard expressed that he even didn't want to "rush" his transformation into War Machine but to do it gradually.. I think that Howard's agents made a mistake, he should fire them.. hopefully he'll come back in another marvel film.. I would have liked to see Cheadle play something like Brother Voodoo in a Black Panther movie..

At least they didn't replace him with Tommy Lee Jones, right Billy Dee?

To Me Howard was Rhodey.... DC is an Awesome actor but he justy isn't Rhodey

Is that really the truth? Was Terrence Howard's performance as Rhodes in Iron Man remotely similar to the James Rhodes of the comics, or even the 90's cartoon?

Howard wasn't the weak link for me really. His acting was good. His character was kind of bland, though. He had the least material to work with.

Terrence Howard was Rhodes.... f**k Marvel for messing that up.

howard sounded like a girl when he was looking for tony in the mansion.

'tony!' 'tony!!'

ha ha had to giggle at his delivery of that line :woot:

Howard wasn't the weak link for me really. His acting was good. His character was kind of bland, though. He had the least material to work with.
There are no small parts...okay thats not completely true. I agree with you about his character quite a bit but I felt that he was too soft in the movie for the role he was playing. Again I didn't dislike him but I can't cry over this because I'm simply not in love with him as an actor. And obviously I'm being nice in my language.

I'm always disappointed when an actor can't return for a role, but honestly, this is a trade up in my book. I like Terrence Howard, but Don Cheadle is a better actor.

Right, just like Iron Man armor itself, Cheadle is an upgrade. Bring on IM2! I can't wait.

I think Howard's voice was too "soft".......that was the only thing that really annoyed me throughout the movie.

howard sounded like a girl when he was looking for tony in the mansion.

'tony!' 'tony!!'

ha ha had to giggle at his delivery of that line :woot:

:woot::woot: LAWL yeah. I know what you mean.

I SEE SPIDEY said:
There are no small parts...okay thats not completely true. I agree with you about his character quite a bit but I felt that he was too soft in the movie for the role he was playing. Again I didn't dislike him but I can't cry over this because I'm simply not in love with him as an actor. And obviously I'm being nice in my language.

You're probably right...I'm not too familiar with Rhodes as a character, so I can only judge what I saw in the movie. It's no secret that I find his voice quite humurous :hehe:

:woot::woot: LAWL yeah. I know what you mean.

You're probably right...I'm not too familiar with Rhodes as a character, so I can only judge what I saw in the movie. It's no secret that I find his voice quite humurous :hehe:
Dude, I don't know s**t about Iron Man really. I only know little things here and there and that Rhodey was more Cheadle chocolate. Howards voice can be extremely annoying but that wouldn't be a good reason to replace him lol.

See, people thought I was crazy cause I thought Howards voice was really high. They said I was nit picking but I am glad I am not the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"