Iron Man 2 Don Cheadle joins IRON MAN 2!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking about Cheadles terrible Oceans accent gives me chills. Cheadle will always wills friend in Fresh Prince Of Bel Air to me :woot:

ROFLOL...you are freaking kidding me right...if that's what ur image of him of an actor is...you evidently haven't seen much of what he's done. The guy is a stunning actor...probably one of the top performers in Hollywood, imho.

You're not going to get any arguement from me about the wrongness of changing the actor in the role, but certianly not that Cheadle isn't top shelf.

I've seen lots of Cheadles movies, I didn't mean thats the sum of his acting talent just thats one of my favourite of his roles

I'm excited about it. I don't like switching actors mid-series, but I'll live. I wanna see some good PS's of him in the war machine suit.

Wowzers. I'm sorta pissed off about this right now. I won't care if Cheadle does a good job though.

cheadle is a great actor but howard IS JR.
why the heck didn't they lock down the principle actors for the sequels like the spider-man actors.

i didnt find anything wrong with holmes, more people hated the made up character she portrayed then actually holmes herself. The difference was with maggie, we knew we were still getting Rachel.. and we'd rather have Maggie then Holmes, but for continuity sake, it was a bit annoying, at least for me.

absolutely no question would rachel daws getting blown to kingdom come and batman mourning her would have carried more weight if holmes had played the role. no question.

Oh no this can't be true, no I don't want to believe it!

Don is a great actor but i hate replacements, Maggie's in TDK wasnt so bad for me because looks wise I dont think her and Kate look vastly different. Where as with Don and Howard they look NOTHING alike!! Arghhh

Please Mr. Favreau confirm that this false, pleeeaaassseee!!

I'm very disappointed, because I loved Howard's Rhodes. How could Marvel be so dumb not to bind him into a contract for part 2

"maybe next time"

... looks like that won't happen :(

bah, i wonder how much Howard wanted for the next one anyway

Amazing... recasts happen when you least expect it...

Maybe Favreau should go back and add Cheadle to IRON MAN, George Lucas style

And my hope that Marvel would pursue Norton for AVENGERS (for continuity's sake) just died.

ROFL... hit it right on the head.... that is your second recast for Marvel studios in a major role no doubt...

Last edited:
absolutely no question would rachel daws getting blown to kingdom come and batman mourning her would have carried more weight if holmes had played the role. no question.

lol no it wouldn't have, no one in the batman universe cared for that character. She could've been played by anyone and it wouldn't have mattered. Rachel Dawes = annoying brat period. The only weak spot of Begins and TDK that Nolan inserted.. Holmes was pure crap though

they could have at least got someone that looked similar to howard, this is so dumb that they did that

Is this just a rumor or an actual development. Either way, it sucks for continuity but Cheadle is a better actor than Howard.

I was actually disappointed with Howard's performance, so in that sense I look forward to Cheadle stepping in. I really hate recasting though. Hate it, hate. It also seems like Howard would've had a better chance of carrying a possible War Machine solo movie.

Ya I think Howard was kind of weak in the role, but ya I don't like therecasting.

Marvel really looks cheap. They tried to lowball Favreau and now this. Not good.

Indeed. Plus; the way they, a brand new independent studio, fought with an expierienced actor like Norton over on the Hulk movie, is just plain ridiculous. :down

I am still kind of WTF about this. I really really like Don Cheadle but I mean that i sjust some random ass casting. It was like they went down a list of african-american actors and said DON CHEADLE! HIM WE NEED HIM! Hell i would hate to say it but Jamie Fox is more appropriate for the role visually. It would be like casting Jack Nicholson for Alfred in batman. Good actor just not quite the role for him.

typical Marvel, they're so damn cheap...

Why did I have to wake up to such terrible news?!? :(

I'm a big Don Cheadle fan but damn, I wanted to see Terrance as War Machine. Especially after that next time baby line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"