Don't go to Heaven it's horrible

Heh,.. just looking in the condordinance of my bible shows 21 mentions of Hell, old and new testiment :)

And as a fan of the book of Revelations,... this guy has no clue what he's talking about. He's mentioning bible verses and such, but not within the context of how they're meant. It's like his referances to war in heaven and how there isn't suppose to be.. No one ever said there wasn't, in fact Lucifer's fall was a war in heaven. And most of the wars he was talking about as quoted in Revelations wasn't a physical war, but a representation of the war against Satan on Earth (partially during the tribulation and the earthly time of the Anti-Christ).

Obviously this guy didn't pay much attention in his theology school (or whatever it's called).

Another point,.. he says that people will be stuck in this cube,.. which is false. The city comes down like a cube to a new earth, and it has gates and all that so that we may come and go. The heavens and the earth are remade (sky and earth) for us to enjoy, and the city comes down and rests on it. It's God's city, not the world.

JewishHobbit said:
Heh,.. just looking in the condordinance of my bible shows 21 mentions of Hell, old and new testiment :)

And as a fan of the book of Revelations,... this guy has no clue what he's talking about. He's mentioning bible verses and such, but not within the context of how they're meant. It's like his referances to war in heaven and how there isn't suppose to be.. No one ever said there wasn't, in fact Lucifer's fall was a war in heaven. And most of the wars he was talking about as quoted in Revelations wasn't a physical war, but a representation of the war against Satan on Earth (partially during the tribulation and the earthly time of the Anti-Christ).

Obviously this guy didn't pay much attention in his theology school (or whatever it's called).

excellent points. I was stunned to read that there were some people who believed that hell is mentioned nowhere in the bible.

JewishHobbit said:

ding, ding, ding! someone actually reads the scripture before making blanket statements and assumptions.:up: :)
Good form JH. In the bible hell or hades is symbolic of the abyss-like state of death. The majority of Revelation itself is symbolic. This scripture states that the dead see nothing, feel nothing, and know nothing
(Ecclesiastes 9:5,10). Psalms 146:4: "Spirit goes out, he goes back to the ground, and on that day his thoughts perish." People who are dead are conscious of nothing. Hell or Hades isn't some torture filled eternal existence. ???? I guess some love great storytelling, because that's all most stories about hell amount too. OTOH, Heaven is quoted as a place filled w/ spirits who serve 'Almighty God'. They are assigned an order/rank:
Michael - Archangel, the son
Seraph - high ranking spirit w/ priviledge and honor
Cherubs - another official w/ special position and responsibilty
The Remaining Ones - a great body of angelic messengers who are used as a means of communication.
Apparently, angelic beings have free will, but they choose to obey God as opposed to themselves. Maybe that's why this guy thought heaven was boring???? Maybe he thinks continual obedience is robotic??? That doesn't make any real sense, but to each his own I guess.

Spider-Who? said:
:eek: have you ever even OPENED a bible?!

In the New Testament ALONE, there are more than 162 scriptures warning of hell (70 of these times where said by Jesus).

The Gospels ALONE actualy say the word hell 24 times.

We werent God's mistake. We were our own. God gave us free will - the ability to do whatever we want, and he simply asked for a little bit of restraint, maturity and faith; yet thanks to "Lou", we succombed to the "influence" of our now "Human Nature". It wasnt God's fault we missed up. Our burden, that two letter word we use so often to describe sinful things we do or say, is our fault. But considering if Lou hadnt dropped by, we wouldnt have been kicked out of Eden. You see, Lou is the mean kid who starts avalanches at ski resorts. THATS why Lou is such a "bad guy". So Lou still "takes the heat", but dont forget, blame for our sins still rests on our shoulders, unless you are repenatent.

And none of the "stats" as it were, even bother to include the number of times Hell is mentioned or stated in the Old Testament, when God was..."angerier".

Acts 2:29-31: "...let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried...Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in HELL, neither his flesh did see corruption."

- just one of many. next time, try opening a book before trying to tell us what it says.

Hmm I think someone has a chip on their shoulder. I did say 90% right didn't I? So I DID leave room for error. :rolleyes: Does the bible also not speak of a place called Sheol (or Shoel or something similiar) speaking of it as if it were a place where sinners went (or something to that effect) It has been a while since I read the old testament so I don't remember everything.

Anyway, like I said I am not religous so I could care less.

Fanboys: Combining Irritating Things Since Time Immemorial! This week, it's.....

Trekkies combined with Desperate Pleas For Attention Disguised As Trendy Anti-Christianism!

BAH HUMBBUG! said:
Hmm I think someone has a chip on their shoulder. I did say 90% right didn't I? So I DID leave room for error. :rolleyes: Does the bible also not speak of a place called Sheol (or Shoel or something similiar) speaking of it as if it were a place where sinners went (or something to that effect) It has been a while since I read the old testament so I don't remember everything.

Hey, don't bring my people into this. That's from the OT. That's our sh1t.

droogiedroogie2 said:
Hey, don't bring my people into this. That's from the OT. That's our sh1t.

Well that's what I was talking about, anyway I don't agree with a lot of what the establishment of religon teaches or preaches. IMHO

BAH HUMBBUG! said:

a chip on my shoulder? hmm...yeah, i guess you could say i despise self-made ignorance.

and yes, Sheol is mentioned in the Old Testament. so you can have a cookie for that.

heaven seems like a gay club with religious music.

why would dear God need four multi eyed beasts say HOLY! HOLY! HOLY!!! forever? He's beyond everything, he doesn't need to be reminded on a daily basis how great he is!!!!

my .02

Go to hell you sinners!!!! You people and your "dirty pillows".

Whoa. It's weird seeing a Zenien thread in the Community! :o

The fact that the people who conceived actually give this any thought is...frightening. I refuse to believe something by people who waste their time in such a silly manner.

I do believe the afterlife will seem like a gathering or condensation, but the negative interpretation here as a "Borg collective" originates in the person's own hostility, not the fact of life.

it hasnt been said here, but it has in other threads. but anyway, where do people get the idea that Heaven is a 24/7 church service? im a Christian and i wouldnt even want to go there. well i guess that would still be better then the lake of fire, which hell gets thrown into. not many people know it, but hell is a holding place until the time it is thrown into the lake of fire. anyway yes there is insane worship in heaven....but that doesnt mean church service. not exacltly saying this goes on in heaven, but how many people here knew that having sex with your wife/husband is considered by God to be a form of worship?

Everyone is trying to get to the bar.
The name of the bar, the bar is called heaven.
The band in heaven plays my favorite song.
They play it once again, they play it all night long.

Heaven is a place where nothing ever happens.

There is a party, everyone is there.
Everyone will leave at exactly the same time.
Its hard to imagine that nothing at all
Could be so exciting, and so much fun.

When this kiss is over it will start again.
It will not be any different, it will be exactly the same.
Its hard to imagine that nothing at all
Could be so exciting, could be so much fun.

Heaven is a place where nothing every happens.
Heaven is a place where nothing every happens.

• Wat, hat, what?! God created Heaven for us. Whether it's good or bad, I'm still going. I serve him, and even if it rains soul-burning acid rain there, it's my responsibility to follow in His footsteps. I can't believe you would defy his word! His word is the TRUTH! God sees you! I WILL AVENGE HIM!

... But you're right, don't go to Heaven it's horrible. :trans:

• Wat, hat, what?! God created Heaven for us. Whether it's good or bad, I'm still going. I serve him, and even if it rains soul-burning acid rain there, it's my responsibility to follow in His footsteps. I can't believe you would defy his word! His word is the TRUTH! God sees you! I WILL AVENGE HIM!

... But you're right, don't go to Heaven it's horrible. :trans:
Well in their defense, if they didn't write in random fonts and colors you would lose interest in what they were saying :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"