doommachine's art thread

Finally, some updates. My girlfriend went to England and I've been watching her dogs... so plenty of doodle time.

Some ballpoint doodles I did. I started with Superman, but I kind of got carried away.

Reveal_Supes.jpg

Reveal_Bats.jpg

Reveal_Spidey.jpg

Reveal_Wolvie.jpg

A page of random squiggles with some decernable characters. Rogue, Wolverine, Spidey, and Bizzarro. I really like the way Spidey came out. (No, he's not gay...)
pendoodle.jpg

More to come soon.

Have Batman and Wolverine ever done that shirt thing.

I think Wolverine has done it a few times. Not in that pose mind you, it was just sort of a theme. Batman usually has the good sense to not wear his costume under his clothes.

I think i know what you mean about wolvy I think he does the break open the shirt and then jump in to mid air with his claws out.

Ok, here's some more 'finished' type stuff.

An Iron Spidey sketch I did. It's similar in style to the tablet drawings I did, but this is hand done (computer colored though, and I forgot to color one of the spider legs :p).
IronSpidey.jpg

Superman with some basic colors. The way he should be. While I'm looking forward to the new movie, I don't really think they got his look right. Superman should be big, bright and bold. The 'S' should be big and his colors should be fully saturated. In Returns he looks like he does in Superman III when the synthesized kryptonite makes him all mean. Superman's colors should make him stand out; silliness be damned. He's Superman for crying out loud. I think I'll enter this into the contest just because I doubt I'll get around to doing something better.
supes.jpg

I sketched this a while ago but only now decided to ink it. It's a concept for a possible cover for a future Dreamcatcher comic (knock on wood). Colors to come soon. I also plan on doing a nighttime version with the moon in the background in place of the sun.
DreamcatcherCover1_line.jpg

Nice art, nice variety of materials and styles too.
really like your spider-man and wolverine stuff.

Wolvie should be opening his shirt to unveil his Robin Williams level of hairyness.

Artistsean: Thanks. 2 of my favorite characters.

EdRyder: Lol. That would be great.

A Spiderman I doodled with some markers my sister left lying aorund. I retouched the colors in photoshop to make it look a little nicer.
spidey_bar.jpg

Here's an update on that Dreamcatcher cover design. I still have to do the sword and the grass, and I'll probably touch up the sun-lighting around him a little because it's looking a little weird. Comments on this one are most welcome because I'm still workign on it and changes can be made real easy. And as I said before, once I finish it I'm going to edit it to have another version with the moon. That should be cool.
DreamcatcherCover1_wip1.jpg

Nice simple lighting on that Dreamcatcher one, imo. Not much rendering, but not much need for it either. Kudos.

I as an artist myself love to admire other peoples work, and I absolutly LOVE your stuff. If I had the stuff that lets you show your drawings on here i wish I could show you my stuff so you could help me out. Personally I am addicted to drawing with Pencil......and thats it lol :D

doommachine said:
Yeah I've always preferred the old costume. The yellow/blue was way out of character and the blue shoulder things didn't make any sense. I mean, how can you move around with those things?

I completely get what you're sayin, however, wolvie's original costume was a variant of the yellow/blue. it WAS his old costume.

hulk181.jpg

Wolvies First Appearence ^

Hi guys, I'm new here but I love the art on this thread thus far. I thought I'd add mine to the pile. Hope you likes.

mmx915 said:
I as an artist myself love to admire other peoples work, and I absolutly LOVE your stuff. If I had the stuff that lets you show your drawings on here i wish I could show you my stuff so you could help me out. Personally I am addicted to drawing with Pencil......and thats it lol
Hey thanks man. If you don't have a scanner or a digital camera, sometimes copy places will scan stuff for you so you can post artwork (they charge of course).

Syncos said:
I completely get what you're sayin, however, wolvie's original costume was a variant of the yellow/blue. it WAS his old costume.

Wolvies First Appearence ^
Yeah, I know, but I don't think I ever said 'oldest' or 'first', so the term 'old' still applies to the brown + orange. I don't really like his first-appearance costume either. His mask is way too Luchadore (sp?).

RogueDK said:
Hi guys, I'm new here but I love the art on this thread thus far. I thought I'd add mine to the pile. Hope you likes.
Cool Bats, seems kind of charicaturish. Neat.

On another note, while I think it's cool that you like my stuff, I've never really understood why people post their work in other people's threads. You're new so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you don't know how the forum works. I suppose you could want a critique from me, but I think you would have said that. Oh well, I digress. Gnarly Batman, you should post some more of your stuff into your own thread so more people can check it out.

doommachine said:
Hey thanks man. If you don't have a scanner or a digital camera, sometimes copy places will scan stuff for you so you can post artwork (they charge of course).

Yeah, I know, but I don't think I ever said 'oldest' or 'first', so the term 'old' still applies to the brown + orange. I don't really like his first-appearance costume either. His mask is way too Luchadore (sp?).

Cool Bats, seems kind of charicaturish. Neat.

On another note, while I think it's cool that you like my stuff, I've never really understood why people post their work in other people's threads. You're new so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you don't know how the forum works. I suppose you could want a critique from me, but I think you would have said that. Oh well, I digress. Gnarly Batman, you should post some more of your stuff into your own thread so more people can check it out.

Hey, man, my apologies. I'll remove it from here and thanks for the compliment.

RogueDK said:
Hey, man, my apologies. I'll remove it from here and thanks for the compliment.
I didn't mean that you should remove it or anything. It just seems a little odd to me. People do it in Barney's thread all the time. No worries.

ampersand said:
Hey DM, whatever happened to KOTI?
Yeah... my writer-friend has been bugging me about that recently. It's more or less at the point where we can start the first 'issue', but I've been busy with the contest entry and getting ready for college stuff. It'll get done soon... I hope.

Finally finished my contest entry! I'm really excited about it. It's sweet. Someone in the contest thread actually mentioned my idea, so I hope no one else did it. It's a redo of the part in X-Men: The Last Stand when Wolverine's flesh is being ripped from him and stuff. I was originally planning on putting Jean in, and maybe I will, but I wanted to have at least this part done for the contest. It's an animated entry, and I did it in Flash so because of all the nested loops and stuff, I can't export it as a GIF, so it's a flash file that I'm linking.

Contest Entry

For those who can't watch it or who can't run it at full speed, here's a screen-shot.
WolvieRip.gif

And for those interested, the layers that I used:
Suit.gif

Skin.gif

Muscle.gif

Skeleton.gif

Thanks for the comments.

Just when I least expect it someone discovers that snowman. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics