Dr. Strange: Rotten Tomato Watch Thread

Yeah..you really couldn't skip Strange's origin story, IMO. It's one of the better ones and without it the audience could be a little confused. I said it before, but I am almost more looking forward to seeing the egoistic surgeon a bit more than the Sorcerer Supreme.

Plus the 15 minute preview really got me excited for this and one review I read said it had elements of both Thor and Iron Man, which is definitely cool with me.

I must say I am thoroughly impressed with the RT score and the reviews so far seem to give the film pretty high praise. I wasn't going to rush out and see Dr. Strange as I am not a huge fan or even a kinda-sorta fan, but I might have to check it out as that weekend I'm not doing a whole lot.

Good to hear :up: Hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:
As long as Feige is in chrage, we won't see a dud. Trust me.

Well, Feige will be a serious contender for chairman of the Walt Disney Studios after Alan Horn retires. In that event, I hope he has a good succession plan in place at Marvel Studios, or we're f'ed.

They're bound to have a critical dud eventually. It's beyond absurd that it hasn't happened yet.

In regards to origin stories, I understand that fatigue is setting in but Strange's origin is fairy unique and, in my humble opinion, one of the most compelling in all of Marvel's stable. I'm ecstatic that a Strange movie is even being made, let alone one that looks this good, so I'm all but guaranteed to enjoy it.

Agreed. I definitely think you have to have the Strange origin just to set up this side of the MCU and it looks like the movie succeeds at doing that. I am impressed. IF you would have asked me what MCU film might be a critical dud, I would have said this one. Apparently I am wrong. I'm glad about that I and like I said, I am very impressed at what the MCU has pulled off.

Honestly, I don't see a rotten movie happening in the MCU until at least Captain Marvel. That's the only movie I'm iffy about, and I don't even know why I'm iffy about it.

Ant-Man and the Wasp.

The SJW will shame the critics into giving Cap Marvel a great review whether it's fantastic or not, just like the recent Ghostbusters film.

Ant-Man 2 is gonna be awesome, now that Reed and Rudd have time and don't have to deal with all the controversy that came with the original, they're gonna make a really good movie. I'm more confident about that, than I am of Ragnarok.

I have a feeling Spiderman will be the 1st but that's just me

Well, Feige will be a serious contender for chairman of the Walt Disney Studios after Alan Horn retires. In that event, I hope he has a good succession plan in place at Marvel Studios, or we're f'ed.

Nothing last forever.

By the time Feige has stepped down we should have decent amount of movies to look back on with fond memories.

If things go south after he leaves I won't care.

10 or 12 movies is good enough for me.

I have a feeling Spiderman will be the 1st but that's just me

It has Robert Downey Jr in it and a likable Spider-man. It will be a hit.

Ant-Man 2 is gonna be awesome, now that Reed and Rudd have time and don't have to deal with all the controversy that came with the original, they're gonna make a really good movie. I'm more confident about that, than I am of Ragnarok.

That's crazy. Rudd and Reed have made plenty of trash films.

Ragnorok is being directed by Taika Waititi, he's nearly infallible and on an amazing streak.

That's crazy. Rudd and Reed have made plenty of trash films.

None of those were under Feige. They made a good Ant-Man movie under a circus of controversy, there is no reason to believe they will make a bad movie now that they are rid of it.

Nothing last forever.

By the time Feige has stepped down we should have decent amount of movies to look back on with fond memories.

If things go south after he leaves I won't care.

10 or 12 movies is good enough for me.

It's Infinity War that I'm most scared of. I LOVE Winter Soldier, its an amazing film. I also love Civil War... but recognise that a large part of that is because im a huge fan that loves the "splash panel" action and can ignore a lot of the glaring issues with the film because of it. It's really too heavily relying on action and a few character moments rather than building a deep story and full character development. My parents review was "It's a bit fighty isn't it?"

Hopefully they can get the right balance back again for Infinity War.

The SJW will shame the critics into giving Cap Marvel a great review whether it's fantastic or not, just like the recent Ghostbusters film.
I love how some people have already decided that the first two serious attempts at a female-led superhero movie (Wonder Woman and now Captain Marvel) will not be judged on their own merits, but rather they will get fresh reviews no matter what because "SJWminati".
Who knew that a bunch of loud people on Tumblr and Twitter could hold so much power.

Personally, the upcoming MCU movie I'm more iffy about is Infinity War, for obvious reasons. I have no idea how the Russos are gonna pull that one off.

I love how some people have already decided that the first two serious attempts at a female-led superhero movie (Wonder Woman and now Captain Marvel) will not be judged on their own merits, but rather they will get fresh reviews no matter what because "SJWminati".
Who knew that a bunch of loud people on Tumblr and Twitter could hold so much power.
:up:

Personally, the upcoming MCU movie I'm more iffy about is Infinity War, for obvious reasons. I have no idea how the Russos are gonna pull that one off.
I might have said Black Panther but his character was such a breakout hit in Civil War and Ryan Couglar is a great choice as director.

IW will do just fine on spectacle alone.

Well, I don't know if many reviewers will be able to admit if Black Panther turns out as the **** Marvel Movie too :woot:

I've got faith in Captain Marvel anyway. To be honest, I'm even praying and hoping for the best from WonderWoman too despite being burnt every time by the DCEU so far.

18 in a row, great start. If it can make the first 50 with under 5 rotten reviews we may be in for another high 80's to 90's run.

If Disney can keep him around I don't see Feige letting his baby go to seed. But I think it is more likely that Kathleen Kennedy takes over as studio head with Feige overseeing all Disney live action productions in a role similar to John Lasseter at Pixar and Disney Animation.

I personally love a good origin story, and Doctor Strange's is in my top 5, I love his arch, and am happy to see it on screen.

That guy is a hater. He barely gave CW a fresh.

The usual suspects will all probably hate on this film it's all good.

Eh, let's be careful that this doesn't turn into a "bash the people who give negative reviews" sort of thing that sometimes happens here. This is the absolute greatest time ever to be a Marvel fan, there's too much good to focus on the inevitable naysayers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"