Must he be suggested for EVERYTHING?!?!

Yah, like Johnny Depp is.

Gary Oldman
Alan Rickman(sans british accent)

primemover said:
Yah, like Johnny Depp is.

Gary Oldman
Alan Rickman(sans british accent)

LOL... yeah, true. But i only see him as Dr Strange or a possibility for IronMan. But i don't see Law or Leo Dicaprio as anything.

If he wasn't so old I would love Christopher Walken as Dr Strange.

I say they should go with Richard Ruccolo

richardruccolo.jpg

Or (Now hear me out on this one)

bobsaget.jpg

or Even

JohnStamos1.jpg

Now don't yell at me these are all serious choices.

Depp or Goldblum are viable options. Now, who would play Clea, Wong, or the Ancient One?

In the first movie, would you have Baron Mordo or Dormammu as the villain?

Clea - Diane Kruger
Wong - Jason Scott Lee
Ancient One - Mako

I would have both Mordo and Dormammu as the villains.

Frank Manhattan said:
Clea - Diane Kruger
Wong - Jason Scott Lee
Ancient One - Mako

I would have both Mordo and Dormammu as the villains.

Interesting. Not bad choices. Jason Scott Lee I don't know. I'd rather actually see him as a main character in some superhero film. I always wondered why the guy doesn't get better parts. He's a decent actor, and definitely has a certain style.

Johnny Depp (especially if he grows his mustache out and allows the gray in his hair to surface).

we've already cast Johnny Depp as Dr Strange. Wong, Clea are still up in the air. I don't know about Jason Scott Lee. It's no fun but I like the idea of unknowns coming in.

Who ever heard of that guy... what's his name, that Australian Hugh Jackman. Before X-men came out who will play Wolverine would have been a juicy conversation.

I'm tired of law leo penn and especially depp being offered for every role. Goldblum would be good. But based on box office clooney's better. Think about it he could play a really good cocky doctor before the accident and then a man on a mission to find himself, he does but he also finds the dying sorcerer supreme in need of a pupil.

And i'm tired of clooney being blamed for batman...he played it the way it was written, and it written and directed and produced as crap.

What about going older and using Lance Henrikson?

Vincent Price woulda been so awesome if he were alive today.

I gotta agree with Depp if they go big name, and Obed Fehr if they pick a lesser known actor.

Frank Manhattan said:
Johnny Depp? He is the Vincent Price of our times.

He should be Dr Strange. He is perfect for the role.

Oded Fehr or Johnny Depp really are the only viable strong candidates who resonate the presence and fortitude with which Dr. Strange should be portrayed on-screen at this time.

Oded Fehr for doc strange?

i'll go along with that choice

Clooney could do it with style - Batman 4 was not his fault - Good Writing and Direction in everything else he's been in has shown what a dude he is

Goldblum is a much underused actor lately and has that otherworld quality to him, he'd be damn good - he's tall at 6'4/6'5 tho

Depp - mmm yeah true definitely could do it

Alan Rickman is another damn good choice and he can do American accents, plus he's been in the wizarding as snape

What about Gary Oldman?

Someone said Peter Hooten?

LMAO - dunno if that was a joke or not but HE ACTUALLY PLAYED HIM in a tv movie that was pretty harry monk - even vet actor john mills couldnt save it

I hate Jude Law as an actor - he's up for everything from Joker to strange

Some eejit even said he was going for superman at some point when the wolfgang petersen Worlds finest film was on the cards

He might get a better actor when (and if) he ever gets older, but right now he sounds like a young terrance stamp and his career never really took off (pardon intentional pun) till he played Zod - and even then it wasnt stellar

Jude Law sucks - plain and simple

If they go the route of not casting a big star, the best person to play him in my opinion would probably have to be Nicky Katt. This guy is an amazing, under the radar actor, that most people who watch cool movies and entertainment will probably recognize. He rules in all the Linklater movies he's in. He kicked ass in Boiler Room.

He made Boston Public a pretty good show when he was on it. It was unwatchable after. And although it's a forgettable show these days, I bet people still remember his greatly performed, cool character.

A good director for the movie as well might be Richard Linklater. The 2 are buddies so it would be a perfect fit.

He looks like Dr. Strange.

He looks like a Steve or a Stephen

Most indy/pulp fans probably dig him, and I think he has potential, even this late in the game, to break out big if he wanted to.

He looks a hell of alot like Dr. Strange !

nicky_katt_1.jpg

nicky_katt_2.jpg

KattLeerhsenoffice223.JPG
5a5b516332.jpg

They can't make the same mistake with Dr. Strange as they made with Daredevil. Trying to make the movie something the comic wasn't. It wasn't a kewl comic. It wasn't 4th of July. It was pulp and cult and it was under the radar.

And please, please do not judge this choice if you haven't seen him give a performance. The ability to shine and be memorably great in a so-so series like Boston Public is not to be taken lightly.

I don't think that Mr. Clooney's all that into doing comic book projects anymore, after what happened with Batman & Robin. On one hand, he would never have to wear a mask (unless the script called for that brief ‘Strange' era where his face was covered), and the plot shouldn't involve bank robbers and dictators. But the heavily metaphysical aspect of Strange may be off-putting, especially all the magic-speak: crimson bands of cytorrak, wand of watoomb, flames of faltine, etc.
Plus, would Clooney want to be bothered with a mustache and goatee?

PS- they might as well get unknowns to play Wong and the Ancient One..

Nicky Katt baby. The dude is always killer. Just watched him in a small part in Linklaters "Waking Life" today.

Isnt he that teacher that brought a gun to school to scare dem kids straight?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"