Dragon Age 2 Incoming. - Part 1

So will the main character sound french?

This is crucial information.

Ugh, that'd be rough. A team member like Leliana's throwing around lines in that accent is one thing... having to listen to the main character use it all game...

I'm gonna play DA 2 again soon... Just to kill the hell out of Anders.. Again.

I think I'm gonna put AC Rev on the shelf for a bit and finally run through DA 2. All the DA 3 talk is getting me hyped again.

To get ready I went ahead and got Golems, and Witch Hunt, plus all the DA 2 DLC outside of the item packs. Just finished Golems, and Witch Hunt too, so I should be set. I know this is a very outdated conversation since the DA Origins DLC has been out forever, but I'm glad I finally finished them.

Golems was disappointing. Plowed through it in about 44 mins, and didn't care much for the story. Plus the foggy multi-colored haze was annoying. Witch Hunt on the other hand was great, and renewed my hope in an awesome pay off for the God child arc. Maybe even a cameo for my warden and Morrigan down the road :).
I got the hankering to play through DA2 again myself. But I only have the one Warden playthrough, since I got lazy when I was grand-planning the multitude of DAO playthroughs and... didn't play them.

And I don't want to use the same Warden or any of the pre-set ones. Boo.

I got the hankering to play through DA2 again myself. But I only have the one Warden playthrough, since I got lazy when I was grand-planning the multitude of DAO playthroughs and... didn't play them.

And I don't want to use the same Warden or any of the pre-set ones. Boo.

Yeah, I've been lazy on my evil character run throughs. When my old PS3 died I lost my DA O saves, so I had to start over. I have an Elf mage in DA O, and a Renegade in ME 2 both about half way through waiting to be finished. I'm not fond of generic backgrounds either, so I'll need to get around to them eventually.

Side note, is Anders really that easy? I basically just said hi, and that I agree that Mages deserve freedom, and he's hitting on me. I mean I hadn't even put him in my party yet, and he's trying to nail my Hawke. Also, since I mentioned bedding, Bethany is Hawke's sister :(, and I only just met Isabella (who gets around, first my Warden, now this, lol), are there any other good female love interests?

Not a fan of Merrill?

Haven't met her yet. I'm doing all the in town quests first before I head out of the city, and just met an elf named Fenris I think, and Isabella. With Wolfwood saying DA 2 probably had the worst BW romancing options, and Isabella being the first decent option, I was just curious.

That's rude. Kreia....I mean Flemeth saved your ass and you're putting off the task she gave you until you explore the city? Ruuuude. :oldrazz:

When Flemeth flew off I felt like chasing her yelling, "No - take me out of this game with you!"

Haven't met her yet. I'm doing all the in town quests first before I head out of the city, and just met an elf named Fenris I think, and Isabella. With Wolfwood saying DA 2 probably had the worst BW romancing options, and Isabella being the first decent option, I was just curious.

I haven't played it in quite some time, so I don't remember exactly how far you get before you meet Merrill. She's an adorable little Scottish-accented elf girl.

You get Merrill when you go to Sundermount, so it really depends on your own pace.

Merrill is adorable. I always recruit her right away.

anyways, for DA3, one thing I hope they implement is making your class or spec feel "important" to the story.

For example, if my warrior becomes a Templar, I want to actually feely like I'm a Templar. I want the other characters ( and the world ) to acknowledge that I'm a Templar and treat me as such.

Same if my rogue is an Assassin or my mage is a Blood Mage.

I want the specs to not just add more abilities to my character but also affect my "role" in the world.

idk.......perhaps they could expand the specs into separate classes or backstories/origins that you choose in the beginning.

Kind of like in ME, you can choose what your Shep's backstory is ( Spacer, Colonist, Earthborn ), I'd like to do something similar in DA3.

Like your character comes from a family of Templars, so your character will be perceived as a Templar throughout the game.

or something like that.

Yeah i get what you mean, and yeah Merrill is adorable!

Here's the armor customization concept art, the left one is a Warden and the right one is a Seeker, tho it's hard to see the exact details:
armor_customize.jpg

I am actually interested to see what, if any, modifications to the art style and engine have been made.

I am actually interested to see what, if any, modifications to the art style and engine have been made.

if the Darkspawn return, I hope they go back to a style closer to Origins than DA2.

In Origins, they actually looked and felt like goblins and fearsome monsters. In DA2, they looked/felt like those Putty goons from the old Power Rangers show.

I thought the Qunari ended up looking significantly better but I agree the DS looked pretty damned awful.

The Qunairi were awesome.

I think they need to work on the elves though.

Merrill-Tatoo.png

DAT NECK.

yeah......I liked the Qunari redesign.

elves were so-so ( aside from Merrill ).

as for combat, I actually preferred the faster-paced, "flashy" combat of DA2. So, I won't mind if they keep DA2's combat system ( with some tweaks, of course ).

However, one thing I missed from Origin's combat was the finishing animations. There was nothing more satisfying than seeing my Warden spin around and gracefully lop off a DS head with her sword.

They made the combat in Origins feel more "visceral."

In DA2, it seemed everyone either just fell down and died or they exploded.......lol. It was a little too "cartoony."

I don't recall any of those finisher animations being present in DA2.

I hope they bring them back and actually make them less.......uh......."random" I guess ( like there will be more of a formula for pulling those finishers off ).

I just want two things in DA3: A female Dwarf and Qunari to join my party.

All the people exploding nonsense got taken out in the DLC's so I imagine that, thankfully, will not be in DA3.

I just want two things in DA3: A female Dwarf and Qunari to join my party.

I wouldn't mind a female Qunari or just any Qunari as a companion in DA3. I was disappointed that Sarabas (not sure on spelling) didn't join or that one guy who just stands about in the Hanged Man who decided to free himself from the Qun (more or less). They seemed more interesting than a lot of the DA2 companions.

Also I wouldn't mind the return of Sten and them showing that there are still Qunari who look like Sten, from what I've heard from Bioware there isn't a lot that contradicts that there are more than one type of Qunari. Though I'd love for any potential female Qunari companion to have the horns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"