Dragon Age 2 Incoming. - Part 1

But didn't the Mass Effect books tell stories that were either set in the past or involved characters whose fate you couldn't control?

I have to admit...2 is REALLY boring me now. It's getting hard for me to finish it...a shame considering how awesome origins was. I'm finally experiencing the complants others have had first hand. The gear system for companions, being confined to Kirkwall and it's surrounding mountains, reused maps, ect. Even the combat and skill trees were a let down for me.

if it wasn't for funny smartass Hawke banter, the sibling story, and Varric and Merril..,I may have just quit. Gah...and I spent nearly $40 on the DLC (Origins DLC added so much value for me). The Emporium could have ATLEAST added a quest...Back to Disgaea 4 for me. I will finish it at some point, but DA 3 is going to really have to impress me to renew my faith in the series...let alone get me to buy their endless stream of DLC.

The waves and waves of bad guys pretty much killed it for me.

Incorrect, the Mass Effect Books/Comics mostly happen between the games, with 2 books being prequels more or less. They have their own canon as much as the Dragon Age franchise holds.

What bugs the hell out of me about Dawn of the Seeker (other than starring a character I could care less about) is that for the DA games (and Mass Effect) we had some great animated trailers like Sacred Ashes (or the Earth one for ME3), but they chose to go with a similar anime style to the Iron Man armoured adventures (or whatever you call it... the teen adventures one).

Now I like the odd anime, but I hate this particular art style. They should have just stuck with what they did for the game trailers.

So I've been replaying Origins, I am in Orzammar. Who do you guys pikc? Bhaelen or Harrowmont? I always want to pick Bhaelen because he seems to be the better king, but he is such a ****ing prick....I can never bring myself to do it. I think this time I will.

Bhaelen was the old king's son, Harrowmont is the general. Harrowmont is the nice, honorable one but his time is king is plagued with rebellion and he makes the dwarves even more of isolationists. Bhaelen is the evil one that murdered his brother. He is a tyrant but progressive. He improves the lives of the poor and expands Orzammar, reclaiming cities lost to the dark spawn and improving Dwarven relations with the outside world.

Oh, right. Yeah, I went with my bro Bhaelen. Which was a tough choice to make given that he betrays you if you play as a Dwarven Noble, but taking my personal feelings out of the matter he felt like the right choice.

So I've been replaying Origins, I am in Orzammar. Who do you guys pikc? Bhaelen or Harrowmont? I always want to pick Bhaelen because he seems to be the better king, but he is such a ****ing prick....I can never bring myself to do it. I think this time I will.

Both are colossal pr**ks. It's just that Harrowmont likes to do in the name of honour, the caste system and tradition. It's not that he just ends up being a weak leader (as shown in the epilogue texts), but he's all for keeping everyone down because of who they are, what caste they come from etc.

Bhelen's just as much of a pr**k, but he's more obvious and at least he seems to be in favour of modernising the Dwarves and not cutting off nearly all contact like Harrowmont. In the end though neither are going to feel like the right choice and they will both leave you with a sour taste. The best way to choose is to think which way you want the Dwarves to develop.

Oh, right. Yeah, I went with my bro Bhaelen. Which was a tough choice to make given that he betrays you if you play as a Dwarven Noble, but taking my personal feelings out of the matter he felt like the right choice.

Really wished they'd have allowed you to take the throne for yourself there. Seemed like such an obvious oversight.

From what I've read you can. I've never played as a dwarf, but if you are the dwarf noble and you select Harrowmont, he will make the warden his heir and he will take the throne following Harrowmont's death.

Bioware wants your feedback for Dragon Age III

Beginning today, we’ll do a series of questions and discussions around Dragon Age. Consider this a conversation between fans, the community team, and the developers. Everyone at BioWare is incredibly excited about the future of the franchise but we’re interested in what you have to say. Every month, we will discuss a topic or question about Dragon Age and game development. You will have one week to post your thoughts, desires, and hopes before we close the thread for review. Moderators and developers will pop into the thread to chat every now and again, so keep an eye out.

Harrowmont takes in your bastard child if your noble did the nasty early on.

I do agree that Bhelen's the better ruler, but after playing the dwarf noble it's hard to choose him. He even tries to kill you if he loses. Then again Harrowmont supports the caste system. Usually I choose Harrowmont for my good guys as Harrowmont's atleast trying to do good, even if he isn't. Bhelen on the other hand murdered his brother, tried to have the other exiled and killed in the DR's, caused his father to die from gief, caused a civil war because he refused the King's dying command (for Harrowmont to rule), tries to lie to the Dace's about a promise, and so on. Bhelen just feels like an evil choice...even if down the road he does more good for Orzammar, lol.

How can you say Harrowmont is trying to do good, when he simply cares about the Nobles? Bhelen's vision is for the best of the entire Dwarf race, how is he the bad guy for simply willing to do the necessary?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"