E3 2017 - Part 1

I'm still extremely disappointed we didn't get anything on that Resident Evil 2 Remake. They've been working on it for awhile. There has to be something to show.

I'm still extremely disappointed we didn't get anything on that Resident Evil 2 Remake. They've been working on it for awhile. There has to be something to show.

Yeah, disappointment is kind of the story of the day, isn't it? I mean, I dunno about you guys but I honestly cannot think of a more disappointing and underwhelming E3.

Last edited:
So no Death Stranding, no Halo 6, and no Batman.

Yeah, this E3 is totally shot for me.

There were a few bright spots but otherwise it was a total bust for me. Every other E3 of recent memory I've come away pretty excited for the future of gaming. If one company dropped the ball another made up for it. This year it started badly and never picked up. This gen should be at full-speed at this stage.

I said before the show that it was all about Forza 7 for me... so i'm more than happy with what I got out of E3 this year.... though I do admit, i'm surprised that there wasn't anything else that got me interested this year

One good thing about this E3 compared to other years is how spread it is.

In previous years we had Microsoft, Bethesda, EA, Ubisoft and SOny all tightly packed in a single day.

This year we had EA on Saturday, Microsoft & Bethesda on Sunday and Ubisoft & Sony on Monday with Nintendo on Tuesday.

This is how it should be spread tbh

I said before the show that it was all about Forza 7 for me... so i'm more than happy with what I got out of E3 this year.... though I do admit, i'm surprised that there wasn't anything else that got me interested this year

Forza games are a guaranteed hit for me these days so the show itself didn't add much more to what I already thought. I wanted to see more new stuff announced/shown like Anthem. Some of the things we knew about were really good like GoW and AC and Spidey was much better than expected.

Sony's show was solid but a dissappointment compared to last E3.
Most of the games they showed are the ones they showed at conferences last year. If they were going to do that, then fine but the only way to salvage that was to give concrete release dates. I understand why they wouldnt but thats why it made me less pumped

One good thing about this E3 compared to other years is how spread it is.

In previous years we had Microsoft, Bethesda, EA, Ubisoft and SOny all tightly packed in a single day.

This year we had EA on Saturday, Microsoft & Bethesda on Sunday and Ubisoft & Sony on Monday with Nintendo on Tuesday.

This is how it should be spread tbh

I actually prefer it all on the same day. It makes that day more exciting with the hype level high with little time to decompress. The way it is now, feels slow for lack of a better word and the excitement level just wasnt there. i was kind of over it by Monday, especially since the previous 2 days dissappointed

Yeah, disappointment is kind of the story of the day, isn't it? I mean, I dunno about you guys but I honestly cannot think of a more disappointing and underwhelming E3.

I agree.

Usually with E3 there's a game or two at the very least that I leave the show over the moon excited for. I got nothing this year. There are plenty of games that look cool and I'm looking forward to playing, but I wasn't wowed at all. Each presentation felt perfunctory.

I actually prefer it all on the same day. It makes that day more exciting with the hype level high with little time to decompress. The way it is now, feels slow for lack of a better word and the excitement level just wasnt there. i was kind of over it by Monday, especially since the previous 2 days dissappointed

Same. I used to really enjoy taking a full day and watching every stream. Spreading them out made the medicore presentations all the more lackluster.

I agree.

Usually with E3 there's a game or two at the very least that I leave the show over the moon excited for. I got nothing this year. There are plenty of games that look cool and I'm looking forward to playing, but I wasn't wowed at all. Each presentation felt perfunctory.

Exactly. I think part of it is the lack of surprise. Even the games that weren't officially announced like Wolfenstein, we have known is happening for months, alongside the title and concept. That is just one example. Outside of Metroid (which is hard to get excited for as one of the games is handheld and the other showed us a teaser that only featured the title) was there a single game at E3 that was a genuine surprise?

Also, where are the whales? Where is Red Dead Redemption 2? Halo? Metal Gear? RE2Make? The Last of Us? Just that one big triple A title that makes me say "hell yes!" It just wasn't there. I mean, hell, Sony didn't even show the FFVII remake, the first episode of which is just a few months away.

Now this may come down to the simple fact that the back half of 2017 is shaping up to be a very underwhelming year in gaming. All the big titles were released early on it seems (Mass Effect, Zelda, Resident Evil 7, Prey, etc) and were all Q1 and Q2 releases. This year does seem to be really front loaded. Maybe there just wasn't a lot to show for that reason?

But if that's the case: create hype! For example, I know it is a long way out, but show Elder Scrolls 6, even if only a trailer that reveals the title/most basic concept (kind of like Skyrim's first trailer which was just a bunch of stone engravings, some dialogue, and then the reveal of the name). Give the fans something to speculate about, get excited for, build hype.

Last edited:
Im excited for Wolfenstein, Uncharted: Lost Legacy, AC: Origins, God of War: Adventures in Babysitting, but none of these were what I would call E3 surprises. They were all expected or already revealed. Hell, not even the new console reveal spiced things up much. The lack of Red Dead Redemption 2 and Last of Us 2 was lame also.

All in all, this was a very forgettable E3.

Last edited:
I'm surprised by the lack of surprise. Closest thing was Skull and Bones, but even then that was barely anything

Speaking of Elder Scrolls 6, Bethesda needs to stop beating that dead horse Skyrim, get off their asses and start working on ES6. Its been 5.5 years since Skyrim came out, and ES6 isnt even in development yet, and they have two other ganes to work on before they begin work on ES6. Put Skyrim out to pasture. And ffs stop wasting time on ES Online.

Whats worse, this absurdly long delay wont result in a game thats better. Bethesda could work on a game for a decade and it would still be a bug riddled mess for the first year or more. So this delay doesnt remotely benefit the franchise.

I'm surprised by the lack of surprise. Closest thing was Skull and Bones, but even then that was barely anything

I honestly don't get why more people aren't talking about that one. It looked great!

I guess it's customary every time there's an e3 for people to say "oh it was below expectations". I guess people get too overhyped and think the cure for cancer will be there (this isn't aimed at you Roose, I've moved onto another point here)

I thought it was a great e3

Exactly. I think part of it is the lack of surprise. Even the games that weren't officially announced like Wolfenstein, we have known is happening for months, alongside the title and concept. That is just one example. Outside of Metroid (which is hard to get excited for as one of the games is handheld and the other showed us a teaser that only featured the title) was there a single game at E3 that was a genuine surprise?

Also, where are the whales? Where is Red Dead Redemption 2? Halo? Metal Gear? RE2Make? The Last of Us? Just that one big triple A title that makes me say "hell yes!" It just wasn't there. I mean, hell, Sony didn't even show the FFVII remake, the first episode of which is just a few months away.

Now this may come down to the simple fact that the back half of 2017 is shaping up to be a very underwhelming year in gaming. All the big titles were released early on it seems (Mass Effect, Zelda, Resident Evil 7, Prey, etc) and were all Q1 and Q2 releases. This year does seem to be really front loaded. Maybe there just wasn't a lot to show for that reason?

But if that's the case: create hype! For example, I know it is a long way out, but show Elder Scrolls 6, even if only a trailer that reveals the title/most basic concept (kind of like Skyrim's first trailer which was just a bunch of stone engravings, some dialogue, and then the reveal of the name). Give the fans something to speculate about, get excited for, build hype.

Im excited for Wolfenstein, Uncharted: Lost Legacy, AC: Origins, God of War: Adventures in Babysitting, but none of these were what I would call E3 surprises. They were all expected or already revealed. Hell, not even the new console reveal spiced things up much. The lack of Red Dead Redemption 2 and Last of Us 2 was lame also.

All in all, this was a very forgettable E3.

I agree with both of you.

There was a definite lack of surprise/excitement at this year's E3.

I feel like a sequel or reboot from each developer would've sufficed.

I don't get why anyone expected Red Dead Redemption 2 to be there.
I don't remember the last time Rockstar had anything at E3. They do their own thing.

I agree with both of you.

There was a definite lack of surprise/excitement at this year's E3.
Well the dev's that made the last of us and are on the sequel already spoke this week and the article is in the the The Last Of Us 2 (
multipage.gif
Last Page)

the pretty saidthe same thing amy Hennig said with her game inthe star war universe . see for your selves .

I don't get why anyone expected Red Dead Redemption 2 to be there.
I don't remember the last time Rockstar had anything at E3. They do their own thing.

Rockstar had the Xbox One/PS4 port of GTA 5 at E3, but it was showcased during the Sony/Microsoft Press conference, a couple of years ago.

Rockstar had the Xbox One/PS4 port of GTA 5 at E3, but it was showcased during the Sony/Microsoft Press conference, a couple of years ago.

Alright. But I don't remember them being there for GTA 5, or 4 or Red Dead Redemption, before they were released?

Maybe LA Noire?

I don't really bother that much with the developer (rather than console manufacturer) conferences. As there are so many conferences altogether now (including those who don't show up and save their stuff for their own shows outside E3) the material that everyone is showing gets diluted.

Alright. But I don't remember them being there for GTA 5, or 4 or Red Dead Redemption, before they were released?

Maybe LA Noire?

They dont need to be there in order to have a presence, which was the point. People were hoping for a trailer and/or some new info reveal at Sony's show. With the way Sony seems to do their shows now, the devs have limited involvement and primarily provide trailers and footage for them to showcase. That would fall in line nicely with Rockstar not attending E3

ok got a Microsoft Rep explaining to vic on video why MS has so little exclusive this year. it's the last segment inthe video below. prior to that he also got details on if mo9nter hunter world will come west for the switch since japan is indeed getting and the rep for Nintendo explains that as well. (Don't assume please see their explanations your questions will be answered ) all details are in the video below.

hqdefault.jpg
[FONT=Roboto !important]05:52
[/FONT]

[YT]4AAyeHKgNYA[/YT]

E3 2017 Day 4 - The Rundown - Electric Playground[FONT=Roboto !important]
Published 06/15/2017
[FONT=Roboto !important]
It's our last day at E3 2017! Today in the Rundown, we have some disappointing news for Switch owners that want to play Monster Hunter: World, but also some good news for [/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=&quot]those still wanting to own a Switch, the next console Pikmin game is further than expected, and finally, we find out what happened to all the Xbox One exclusives!

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

source: EPN.tv
photo.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back