Dragonball HQ - Part 1

He's still wearing half of it. And even if he didn't wear the armor, there's still the skin tight suit he's wearing. There are enough differences for some changes to be made to Vegeto's outfit. It just feels lazy to get the very same Vegeto and the only difference is blue hair.

Between the kid characters not aging, Trunks sudden blue hair despite even in the current Xenoverse games and kid Trunks having purple hair, no mention of Vegeta and Bulma's daughter who should be around by now, and I'm sure other problems, I've given up on expecting anything but the bare minimum.

Not really, the stories are just retold in an extended format. The events still happen, more or less, the same way as the films.

Exactly retold. It doesn't tie into the movies. Essentially ignored the movies and took the stories and retold them in their own way. Movies are basically AU now.

My feeling is that Super is basically becoming another AU and it's not going to have Bra Briefs.

I enjoy his discussion videos, focusing on characters and where they are in life.

WHY #18 CHOSE A NORMAL LIFE
[YT]Ez9G9m5aCu8[/YT]​

I do feel happy for her, but I still miss watching her kick some ass.

Bra first appeared in the Toriyama manga in the 10 years after chapter.
That was poorly remembered by me. There's conflicting information regarding Bra's age though. One source says she's a year older than Pan, another a year younger. How much time has passed since Battle of the Gods? She might just not have been born yet. Or Toriyama has forgotten she exists, like he allegedly did with Launch :p

I mean look, GT was really just fanfic and it wasn't based on any pre-existing material.

But Super, I guess you can say it's just AU and maybe they retconned come elements out of it. Maybe the Bulla/Bra thing will still happen.

That being said, it's still Dragon Ball. And when I saw that, this is a storyline that has always been filled with massive plot holes and leaps in logic. And I say that as a fan who loves the world, characters and stories. If you really think about certain plot elements, a lot of them make no sense at all. But a lot of the time I just sort of accept it and go with it because it's Dragon Ball. It's sort of an insane, kooky world filled with anthropomorphic talking humanoid animals that live on Earth.

Just for example, the king of the Earth in Dragon Ball is a freaking humanoid dog. It's just that type of world.

From my understanding of Super (correct me if I'm wrong) the anime is actually getting written and made first and Toriyama is writing the manga catching up. So the whole issue of canon seems a lot more loose now anyway.

I'd love to see Chazou show up again and just so happen to be the younger brother of the King of the Cosmos or something insane like that.

Do we even know what the hell Chazou is or his origin?

The DB wiki says his design is either based on Jiang Shirley (Chinese Vampires) or the character Nezha from Journey to the West. How reliable the wiki is I don't know but seems plausible. In universe though he's human, just as Tenshinhan is.

I like Chaouz too. I always wished he'd developed him mental powers over his ki and fought psychically. I could've stayed relevant a lot longer.

From my understanding of Super (correct me if I'm wrong) the anime is actually getting written and made first and Toriyama is writing the manga catching up. So the whole issue of canon seems a lot more loose now anyway.

I think it's not so much the manga catching up to the anime this time around, but more like they're separate things. The way I understand it, Toriyama gives them a general outline of the plot and both the anime and the manga fill in the blanks as they see fit, giving us some differences between the two. Neither is adapting or following the other as it was in the past.

I only very recently found out how important Toriyama's Editor was back in the day. Without the Editor, we wouldn't have gotten C17 & C18 and Cell's 2nd Form would have been his Perfect Form. I need to look up what else the Editor demanded to be changed. This is actually pretty interesting.

Kazuhiko Torishima (the editor) contributed quite a bit (it's in fact something normal in manga, Bakuman's a manga about people working on the industry and explains it pretty well).

BUT he also was against things like Goku growing up in the first place (going from DB to DBZ) and Toriyama had to convince him to wouldn't be able to continue the series otherwise.

I just watched Episode 66. Sigh... I think at this point I am basically just beating a dead horse. The complete nonsense power scaling, the retcons, the new moves Trunks continues to pull out of his ass.

This was me during the episode.

KHSeUrv.gif

I am starting to treat Super like GT and think of it as just some sort of elseworld tale. The official story of Dragon Ball started in 1985 and ended in 1995. The rest is Multiverse nonsense.

And on the other hand, that episode was freakin amazing! Lol. They really knocked it out animating the Vegitto/Zamasu fight, don't think Super has ever looked so good.

I am starting to treat Super like GT and think of it as just some sort of elseworld tale. The official story of Dragon Ball started in 1985 and ended in 1995. The rest is Multiverse nonsense.

I think of everything after Z like a Multiverse thing, all the games, shows, movies, fan stuff and whatever. It makes things easier.

That way you're not trying to reconcile things like the Bardock movies/DB Minus, movies where nothing makes sense and power levels in general.

Well the last episode of the arc just aired. That's some "Rick and Morty" -like depressing ending there.

So, after 67 Episodes and four arcs, how does everyone feel about Super? Are you enjoying the show, are you still excited, or are you disappointed with how the show turned out to be?

I've enjoyed each arc equally, which is more than I can say for DBZ (where the Saiyaman Arc was a headache) or GT (where everything outside of Baby and Shadow Dragons was blah). Though, Beerus is the best of the new characters.

In particular, I liked how the Zamasu Arc was concluded. Good stuff.

I'm enjoying it. I really like Beerus and Whis. Looking forward to when we get to the multiverse tournament.

I read the manga and it was pretty good but I'm waiting on dubbing before watching the show.

I've only properly jumped on board with this Zamasu arc. I saw Battle of the Gods, and then Resurrection of F, but got complacent with Super while it was retelling those. I've loved this arc, it hasn't been typical DBZ in its storytelling. The whole mystery of Zamasu, and then Black, has been a consistent draw for me to the show week on week. And I've actually enjoyed that they havnt been so strict with power levels. It has felt a bit of an asspull sometimes, but then it's allowed them to use people outside of Goku/Vegeta more significantly to the plot. I really need to take some time and go back through the tournament stuff that I've only been watching clips of. Particularly if the next arc is picking certain things up from it with Hit returning.

So, after 67 Episodes and four arcs, how does everyone feel about Super? Are you enjoying the show, are you still excited, or are you disappointed with how the show turned out to be?

I just finished getting me up to date with it and i love it.
In the beginning it brings back a lot of nostalgic feelings to me, since i was a child when the dubbed version started here in germany for the first time.

Now im grown up and can experience new episodes of Dragon Ball every week.:woot:

Im really liking where this all is going and how it opened up everything.
Still hoping for more Super Sayian forms, especially 4 who still is one of the coolest forms ever.

It took me some time to get used to the different pacing and storytelling, but then it became really fun.

One thing i absolutly hate is what they have done to Gohan.:cmad:
I loved him in his Mystic form and in the buu arc...its such a shame that they have reduced him to just a background prop, same with videl who became the typical japanese housewife.
To me gohan was the perfect mix between human and sayian...so its really sad that they didnt do more with that.

Other then that, im really happy with Dragon Ball Super.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"