DTL Season 5-Week 1 (Set 3)

no he said if we wished....we dont have to....but if it helps here goes

Zatanna and the Titans of Tomorrow vs. Fantomex - other team was a no show
Heroes Of The New Age vs. B'wana Bet? - cos its my team duh

Well, Fantomex loses hard for being, y'know, NOT THERE.

Heroes of the New Age gets my vote by a VERY narrow margin. Just greater likelihood for the real good teamwork. Plus, I'd like to have seen more in depth battle strategy from Gog instead of just some (admittedly very good) prep work.

(Set 3)
Zatanna and the Titans of Tomorrow vs Fantomex
B'wana Bet? vs Heroes of the New Age

B'wana Bet? gets it mostly because although they both handled their opponents mostly fairly, Baron Zemo really got the shaft in Nightwing's write-ups. I already pointed out some faults on Zemo's characterization to Nightwing over PM's.

(Set 3)
Zatanna and the Titans of Tomorrow vs Fantomex
B'wana Bet? vs Heroes of the New Age

B'wana Bet? gets it mostly because although they both handled their opponents mostly fairly, Baron Zemo really got the shaft in Nightwing's write-ups. I already pointed out some faults on Zemo's characterization to Nightwing over PM's.

True I openly do admit i was unaware both of Zemo's full potential and of the potential of the Moonstone.I felt there couldve been more info provided by the bio links but thats just my opinon.

Zatanna and the Titans of Tomorrow

Heroes of the New Age - Nightwing gets this one because he went methodically through why he thinks his team would win while his oponent I feel just listed why he thinks his team would not go down that fast. He agrees with Nightwing on the strategy, just not the outcome. Dark Gog didn't convince me he would win but rather it would just be more difficult for Nightwing's team to defeat his.

Some of these comments don't make much sense to me. I don't usually go into exactly how a fight will go down, because it feels like putting lines into my opponent's mouth to me, and because I'm liable to be less familiar with his characters than he is. In this particular battle, it's also that I have a character that can actually look into the future, tell how the battle will go down, and prepare accordingly.

I don't see how anyone could get the imperssion I've conceded any ground or played into Nightwing's hands, either. I made extensive use of a major weakness of one of his heavy-hitters, and pointed-out both of mine have extra-sensory-perceptions that should eliminate his starting strategy for the other. And that's before all the preliminary work I've done with my lower-powered characters, and synergizing them with the Ubers.

Also, I give my vote to Zatanna over the no-show.

Yeah, even if someone writes an abomination of a write-up, it's a lot better than doing nothing at all.

Votes...

B'Wana Bet

Gog - You've got an absolutely amazing leader in Zemo, and far more raw power than any team will ever need. Mister Miracle is also one of the very best regulars in this thing.

I do dislike your very plot devicish prep-time and use of technology. There's a sane limit to it, really. We treat these characters as they operate in comics

Nightwing - You just can't stick two of the straightest heroes in comicdom (Batman & Captain America) in the middle of that evil cesspool of a team.

As for the other match, not hard to vote on a no-show.

B'Wana Bet

It's too bad Fantomex didn't show because his team could have given xman a run.

I think Gog's team would work together better than 'Wing's. But it's a very close fight.

What did you guys think of my write-up?

I guess the one thing I'd recommend is have your oponent's team be a bit more active. To me it looked like they just stoode there taking punishment. :) Especially your uber fights.

I do dislike your very plot devicish prep-time and use of technology. There's a sane limit to it, really. We treat these characters as they operate in comics

What plot-device have I actually used, other than Reed's time-dilation device? And I've even got Zemo - a freakin' seer - to account for that.

I don't know just where it is practicality turns into gratuitousness for most people here, but I've picked a tech-oriented team, and I was hardly going to just disregard its capabilities. I can certainly think of worse abuses I could have pulled than a device to give me super-speed I hardly even pressed outside of noting, and I don't know that actually abiding by precedence rather than extrapolating what inventors should be capabale of is such a bad idea in general.

Well, Gog, you just yourself admitted to having a plot-device piece of technology.

That's a start.

Leagues about creativity, not burying the other team under an avalanche of any singular thing.

..Aren't other posters getting the Ultimate Nullifier?

That was brought up days ago.

Enjoyed the writeups. Easy one first -- Zatanna & the ToT win by default.

The other one is harder to decide... partly because Gog didn't really follow the standard format. The way the DTL works is we each give our own version of the fight (before reading our opponents), then debate each other's version. His felt like prep-time/debate/writeup rolled into one. But I'll give him a pass on that because he's new.

Nightwing's writeup was mostly good, but with a few issues. He admits he underwrote Zemo. Also, I wasn't thrilled with leaving the one battle a "stalemate". When in doubt, just say your team wins and make up a reason. In particular, I'm wondering how a couple of mostly hand-to-hand fighters deal with Mr. Fantastic's flexibility . . . maybe Batman could hit him wuth toxic gas or something?

I guess I'll give it to B'wana Bet?, although I feel like I could have easily gone the other way.

Another close match. I have it right now as:

Dark Gog: 4
Nightwing:3
[Note: We no longer allow votes for yourself, since they all cancel out anyway.]

and xman:blacklight (or "xbl" as Kaboom calls him) is of course winning by a landslide.

Nightwing - You just can't stick two of the straightest heroes in comicdom (Batman & Captain America) in the middle of that evil cesspool of a team.

just cos theyre two heroes in amongst villains doesnt mean that my team wouldnt win...i never wrote that they all joined hands and sung campfire songs before fighting.My strategy wasnt about team work other than Bats and Cap (who would work well together) the villains in a certain situation like this would listen to some form of hierachy (except Darkseid) Grodd is intelligent and knows how team work plays out and he of all people (gorillas) knows that Batman is clever and knows how to strategise.I think people are over looking the actual write ups and just looking at who would work with who but if you read the write up youd realise i didnt have them cooperating in battle they went off and fought their own opponents.

as for the stalemate thing that was posted by Xfantim if im not mistaken (this is a lame example i know) in the marvel Dc crossover of when Cap and Bats fought they had a stalemate so not all comics have a winner and a loser.This competition isnt always about writing your team to get the major upper hand.i explained that my team couldve won that battle if one of the others made a fatal error.but that could work both ways.i talked with Harl after my write up and he agreed that that battle wouldve been very tough and even Cap and Bats against just Reed would struggle but his opinion was that he thought Cap and Bats would get the upper hand but it wouldve been a long drawn out battle (which is what i put in my write up)

but anyway i cant change your votes but that is me justifying my write up.

Paragraphs Too Long.

You ramble.

Split up up.

I vote for Gog's team and Zatanna and the Titans of Tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"