DVD/Box Set Discussion

AgentPat said:
:up: :up: Indeed!

Hulk, you don't have the S2 set? Really? Wow! Get it man! Go now! LOL At the end of Red, the actors joke about the Incredible Hulk. You'll roar dude, I'm tellin' ya. They are wicked funny!

And Lokmon's right. I forgot Kreuk was even there most of the time. She has the personality of a rock. Sorry to say, but that's the impression I got from her. Michael and Tom sound like they have a blast on the set though. They *really* need to do more commentaries. Beeman and Marshall are pretty funny guys too.

actually I do own it, just dont remember him on the commentary. then again I havent watched that commentary since I got the DVD's over a year ago..

The Incredible Hulk said:
actually I do own it, just dont remember him on the commentary. then again I havent watched that commentary since I got the DVD's over a year ago..

Well he did an amazing Gollum impersonation,lol. I really really hope if they can only choose 3, to do Transference, though I guess Crusade with the flying makes sense too..but Transference was much more challenging.

I hope he;s on the bloopers this time too..I wanted to kick my Season 3 dvd set, grrrrr

mellyM said:
Well he did an amazing Gollum impersonation,lol. I really really hope if they can only choose 3, to do Transference, though I guess Crusade with the flying makes sense too..but Transference was much more challenging.

I hope he;s on the bloopers this time too..I wanted to kick my Season 3 dvd set, grrrrr
Come to think of it, there's a better chance there will be more TW involvement in the season 4 set.

The reason TW was all but absent from the last one was probably because he was off getting ready for something else *cough*Superman*cough*

lokmon said:
Come to think of it, there's a better chance there will be more TW involvement in the season 4 set.

The reason TW was all but absent from the last one was probably because he was off getting ready for something else *cough*Superman*cough*
Yeah, but now he'll be off doing The Fog. We just can't win.
cry2.gif

AgentPat said:
Yeah, but now he'll be off doing The Fog. We just can't win.
cry2.gif

****!

You're right! Last year they did the DVD stuff at the tail end of the season, didn't they?

Dammit. I hope he can fit it into his schedule.

triplet said:
Indeed! SH
censored.gif
IT is the word.

You're right! Last year they did the DVD stuff at the tail end of the season, didn't they?

Dammit. I hope he can fit it into his schedule.
It's gonna be tough. They're working on the extras now, probably while Welling is bouncing back and forth between two major production sets - playing the lead! :rolleyes:

Does he even have time to breathe, I wonder?
blink.gif

AgentPat said:
Indeed! SH
censored.gif
IT is the word.

Yep.

AgentPat said:
It's gonna be tough. They're working on the extras now, probably while Welling is bouncing back and forth between two major production sets - playing the lead! :rolleyes:

Yeah. Tough is an understatement. He works as much 16 hours a day on Smallville, then with him being the lead in an FX heavy feature (even a relatively low budgeted one) will have him seeing similar hours...

How in the world will he do that?

AgentPat said:
Does he even have time to breathe, I wonder?
blink.gif

That's why I've always been astounded at the shape he's in given his schedule... he must have amazing discipline in order to pull that off.

The man is amazing in so many ways...

triplet said:
That's why I've always been astounded at the shape he's in given his schedule... he must have amazing discipline in order to pull that off.

*coughstaminacough*

I don't car if he's the bussiest man in the world he doesn't even have to be involved in making the bloopers! It's old footage that's editted together! I was so mad I put off getting the dvd's till Christmas.

Lara said:
I don't car if he's the bussiest man in the world he doesn't even have to be involved in making the bloopers! It's old footage that's editted together! I was so mad I put off getting the dvd's till Christmas.

He may have to have time to watch and sign off on them maybe? I'm not sure exactly how it works. I'd rather them hold up DVD production to accomodate his schedule than put out something without him in it.

Some relevant tidbits from Warner Home Vid's chat at Home Theater Forum:
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/033005htfchat.html

[GregSH] TV Question: ...will we see Smallville S4 before the end of August? Love the Dukes sets, and please consider Enos!

[WarnerHomeVideo] No plans on PERFECT STRANGERS, Season 4 SMALLVILLE coming this Fall, We'll consider ENOS.

[PavanP] ...Can you also tell us how far a part will you release LOIS & CLARK? Will Teri Hatcher be involved for the bonus material in future sets, as Dean Cain is for season one?

[WarnerHomeVideo] LOIS AND CLARK S1 which is coming this June contains special features including new Teri Hatcher interviews.You can expect more LOIS AND CLARK in 2006...

[WarnerHomeVideo] ...The Superman serials are in the planning stages as we speak.

[John] Can you give us an update on any chance for a re-release of the Superman films on DVD? Will we ever get the original theatrical edition of Superman: The Movie on DVD? Will the sequels get better treatment? And will we ever see an alternate cut of Superman II?

[WarnerHomeVideo] All of the issues you bring up are currently on our radar. We are exploring all the possible opportunities. That's all we can say at the moment. Keep your fingers crossed and watch the skies!!!

[LauraDavies] First, on behalf of the Folks, I'd like to thank Warner for releasing season one of Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman on DVD. We'd like to know a few things, are there going to be outtakes, what about the aspect ratios on the Lois and Clark DVDs, and are there plans to release the other three seasons quickly? (Possible dates, please?)

[WarnerHomeVideo] LOIS & CLARK will be 4x3. No outtakes, but EXCELLENT supplements are planned. Others will follow faster than a speeding bullet.

[MattSav] Now Warner has announced Lois&Clark and 1950's Superman, have you/would you please consider the superb 1988-1992 "Superboy" live action series for 2006? Also, I know the animation dept. isn't there, but I'm voicing my support for a release of the 1980's animated "Ruby Spears' Superman" series based on the movie mythology.

[WarnerHomeVideo] SUPERBOY is under consideration.

Good information there. Thanks Lokmon!

And I know I'm gonna catch hell for this, but I'm more looking forward to the first L&C set than I am Singerman. Why? 'Cause I know *exactly* what I'm getting. I know I'll enjoy it for what it is/was; Cain and Hatcher had awesome chemistry. And the set also includes one helluva bonus disc (SV's Crusade ep!) Yeah, I'm wicked psyched!

My anticipation for SV's 4th season set in the fall goes w/o saying, but by then we'll be jawing about its 5th season, and some horror film due out in October. Life is good. Spread the cheer folks! :D

AgentPat said:
Good information there. Thanks Lokmon!

And I know I'm gonna catch hell for this, but I'm more looking forward to the first L&C set than I am Singerman. Why? 'Cause I know *exactly* what I'm getting. I know I'll enjoy it for what it is/was; Cain and Hatcher had awesome chemistry. And the set also includes one helluva bonus disc (SV's Crusade ep!) Yeah, I'm wicked psyched!

Meh. Me not so much, but I might rent it though. If only to see if my fond memories of the first season aren't just me oversentimentalizing...

AgentPat said:
My anticipation for SV's 4th season set in the fall goes w/o saying, but by then we'll be jawing about its 5th season, and some horror film due out in October. Life is good. Spread the cheer folks! :D

Life is Good!

:D :up:

woohoo, the SPELL commentary, according to www.kryptonsite.com is going to feature the 3 witches and the director--so, no Tom and no need for me to watch it:D

But I'm sure its still fantastic news for those who like the episode, should be interesting:)

someone should have asked why welling got screwed!

muscles signature:

Forget Brandon Routh and Superman Returns! When are we gonna get a remake of Full House!

A remake of Full House??????? That's disturbing. . . .

mellyM said:
woohoo, the SPELL commentary, according to www.kryptonsite.com is going to feature the 3 witches and the director--so, no Tom and no need for me to watch it:D

You should give that episode another try. Despite the campy costumes and Kristin's overacting, I liked it a lot.

But then again, Clark was being particularly heroic going after the witches even though his powers were gone. :sigh:

mellyM said:
But I'm sure its still fantastic news for those who like the episode, should be interesting:)

I can't wait for the DVD commentary... it should be very interesting. I'm just wondering when or if we'll hear what Tom will be commenting on.

He better do commentary on Transference at least....

triplet said:
You should give that episode another try. Despite the campy costumes and Kristin's overacting, I liked it a lot.

But then again, Clark was being particularly heroic going after the witches even though his powers were gone. :sigh:

I like the last few minutes where he was being all Supermany..but the rest of it...no way. I hope too Tom will at the very least get to do commentary on Transference, I'd settle for Crusade too:)

mellyM said:
I like the last few minutes where he was being all Supermany...

I always like whenver he's Supermany too! :up:

mellyM said:
..but the rest of it...no way. I hope too Tom will at the very least get to do commentary on Transference, I'd settle for Crusade too:)

Yep, Crusade also would be great... :D

mellyM said:
I like the last few minutes where he was being all Supermany..but the rest of it...no way.
Weeeellll... that part at the end, where he comes in with Jonathan's shot gun, was kinda laughable. Even my husband giggled at that one. What was Clark gonna do? Spray Lana, Chloe and Lois with buckshot? And he had just had his arse handed to him WITH powers. What was he gonna do w/o 'em? Pfft! But hey, I guess that's what makes him Superman down the road. Clark gave new meaning to "barreling" into a situation w/o thinking that day. LOL

but the rest of it...no way.
stunned.gif

Oh, c'mon now!...

spell2.jpg

I have fond memories of those scenes. Nice daydreams, too.
smug.gif

I hope too Tom will at the very least get to do commentary on Transference, I'd settle for Crusade too:)
Ditto!!!!!

AgentPat said:
Weeeellll... that part at the end, where he comes in with Jonathan's shot gun, was kinda laughable. Even my husband giggled at that one. What was Clark gonna do? Spray Lana, Chloe and Lois with buckshot? And he had just had his arse handed to him WITH powers. What was he gonna do w/o 'em? Pfft! But hey, I guess that's what makes him Superman down the road. Clark gave new meaning to "barreling" into a situation w/o thinking that day. LOL

stunned.gif

Oh, c'mon now!...

Well, that was a bit on the laughable side, but you gotta admire his bravery... Dontcha?

;)

AgentPat said:
spell2.jpg

I have fond memories of those scenes. Nice daydreams, too.
smug.gif

I think there are many that feel that same way... ;)

AgentPat said:

Oh, c'mon now!...

spell2.jpg

I just meant his attitude, I'm not sure why he had a gun, he certainly couldn't use it..I guess thats what farmers do, get a shotgun first, ask questions later, lol.

And I was really excited when I saw stills of the scenes of them overtaking Clark, but for some reason, when I saw the ep, I didn't like him being chained up and helpless..which is insane because you know, he was shirtless!..but I just didnt enjoy it. But you know, I'm glad a lot of people enjoyed it, there's plenty of Smallville to go around for everyone:)

Sometimes to me the commentries where they talk ABOUT Tom is even more fun. Maybe the girls will give us more info than if Tom was there. So it all may work out. Anyway if KK is back on the commentaries maybe Tom wll be to. She was also missing on season three.

Lara said:
Sometimes to me the commentries where they talk ABOUT Tom is even more fun. Maybe the girls will give us more info than if Tom was there. So it all may work out. Anyway if KK is back on the commentaries maybe Tom wll be to. She was also missing on season three.

Good point.

Hopefully she won't be as intimidated by the process and actually say something this time. She hardly said a word on the commentaries for the 2nd season eps she did.

Maybe having all those men in the room made her freeze up... Once MR gets going, I would imagine it would be hard to get a word in edge wise. :D ;)

But wasn't she only on the Red and Rosetta commentaries like Tom? Her parts in those eps were hardly were her being in the commentary anyway.

She should have commented on Calling or Exodus instead or one of the other Lana centric eps that season. It didn't really make sense for her to be on Rosetta and Red. Nocturne, Precipace or Visage woulda also been better choices for her for the 2nd season...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"