• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Amazing Spider-Man Dylan Baker returning for Spider-Man 4

Also the Nolan Batman films have shown that multiple villains can be done well.

Batman Returns also showed that. Which was before BF & B&R which started this stupid myth. So this whole "too many villains" myth shouldn't even exist in the first place.

Thing is this myth ONLY exists with comic book movies, I don't see anyone suggesting that more then one antagonist hurt the Star Wars films. or The Lord of The Rings films.

The main issue with the multiple villains angle is using villains whose storylines don't connect at all and attempting to make them all equally large characters in the film. Not simply having multiple villains

^^^
Exactly there not utilizing the villains correctly. You can't have a story about Kingpin then all of a sudden hiring a bounty hunter by the name of Morlun. Just doesn't work

The main issue I have with the possibility of Lizard being the only villain is that he's not really a bad guy. I don't want another SM movie where the only villain isn't really a villain at all throughout the whole movie. It would be too similar to what we've seen before. A good scientist gets effed up by his experiment, turns into some kind of freak, and at the end gets redeemed.

I would like a villain who is just evil, that's it. Every villain that's been used save for Venom showed a good side.

Personally if they merged the origin and this story together I think it would make a great movie:

45-1.jpg

We gotta see a wounded, against all odds spidey battle!

http://www.collider.com/2009/10/27/...some-sites-may-just-make-up-news-for-traffic/

The Lizard May Be the Only Villain in SPIDER-MAN 4. Also, Some Sites May Just Make Up News for Traffic

Ugh. This is such a waste of time. I don’t even want to dignify this unsubstantiated ******** about The Lizard being the only villain in “Spider-Man 4″ with a response. No one even knows if The Lizard will even be in Spidey 4 let alone its sole villain. You know how I know this? I know because the script is still being written. I know because the filmmakers are still working out the story. I know because this worthless article also says that “We all pretty much knew it would be The Lizard and/or Carnage…” It wasn’t down to The Lizard and Carnage! Carnage was always a highly unlikely choice seeing as Raimi has no love for Venom/alien symbiote and he wants to go with an old-school villain. At best, you could report that The Lizard being the sole villain in “Spider-Man 4″ is an educated guess. Hit the jump for why I’m sick of this ****.
Yes, you could report that The Lizard being the sole villain in “Spider-Man 4″ based on an educated guess. But you can’t act pretend that you’re a reputable news source and report your guesses as fact. I think that Captain America will fight Red Skull in the “Captain America: The First Avenger” but I don’t report that as news because I have no way of backing that up.
This is why I’m so pissed off at MarketSaw who reported this story. I don’t care how strong they think their source is. This is hit-****ing, plain and simple. Last week they reported that there would be a new “Star Wars” trilogy, a story that crumbled when you thought about it for more than two seconds. But they throw this crap at the wall, see what sticks, and then sites like ours have to waste time making sure you know it’s not true. It’s a waste of time and in the time I spent writing this story, I could have been looking for real news or trying to figure out how to regenerate limbs without turning into a giant angry reptile.

The Lizard being the only villain in Spider-Man 4 isn't a bad thing. It worked for the first two movies.

GG and Doc Ock are Spidey's top two villains and most developed characters. Of course they can easily hold their own movies. I think those are the only two that can.

Like I said before Lizard being the only villain would just be repeating the same formula the first two had. It would closely be similar to the second one. A good doctor, who is Peter's friend and mentor turns into a monster and Spider-Man must stop him, but somehow not hurt his friend. Plus he wouldn't really be evil.

It would feel as the same story as SM2 told with only different characters, and Spidey definitely needs something fresh now, something new. Fanboys might accept this, but the GA most likely won't.

Plus there also needs to be interaction between the hero and villain. Lizard mostly just roars and hisses.

^^ Exactly! Though, I think Mysterio and Electro would be able to hold their own movies too.

Personally if they merged the origin and this story together I think it would make a great movie:

45-1.jpg

We gotta see a wounded, against all odds spidey battle!

I have that issue! It's the oldest SM issue I own, used to have the last ditko, 38, but had to sell it one day when I needed the money.

Re: Multiple villans. the only thing is, in spider-man films you kind of have to explain where they came from and got their powers. It's not like Batman where they are normal people, or X-Men where they are all mutants. Spider-man movie have more potential for overcrowding that way.
But you could show someone like the Shocker at the start of the movie, and then have someone like Jameson explain that he was just some guy who stole some experimental weaponary or something.

It's the superpowered ones that need the origins, that take up time. You can't just have the Molten Man show up and have folk assume he's Goldfinger's more successful brother.

I have that issue! It's the oldest SM issue I own, used to have the last ditko, 38, but had to sell it one day when I needed the money.

Re: Multiple villans. the only thing is, in spider-man films you kind of have to explain where they came from and got their powers. It's not like Batman where they are normal people, or X-Men where they are all mutants. Spider-man movie have more potential for overcrowding that way.
But you could show someone like the Shocker at the start of the movie, and then have someone like Jameson explain that he was just some guy who stole some experimental weaponary or something.

It's the superpowered ones that need the origins, that take up time. You can't just have the Molten Man show up and have folk assume he's Goldfinger's more successful brother.

You summed my thoughts up very well! We can't compare TDK to Spider-Man. It would feel kinda weird if Sandman for example just showed up out of nowhere with his powers. It would make a "what the heck!? :huh:" reaction for the GA. With Joker in TDK, it's not the same. You can tell just by his features that he's a psychopath, and that he wears makeup because he's a psychopath etc. The GA wouldn't think "why does he wear that makeup?? :huh:" or anything like that, because everyone gets that he's a crazy psychopath and accepts the makeup then. With someone like Sandman, it's totally different because there is no easy explanation the GA can think of for themselves as to why he has those powers. Same with X-Men, they are mutants, they are born with their powers, so no need to explain there either.

Batman Returns also showed that. Which was before BF & B&R which started this stupid myth. So this whole "too many villains" myth shouldn't even exist in the first place.

Thing is this myth ONLY exists with comic book movies, I don't see anyone suggesting that more then one antagonist hurt the Star Wars films. or The Lord of The Rings films.

batman returns was awful, no joke I'd MUCH rather watch spiderman 3 than that tripe.

GG and Doc Ock are Spidey's top two villains and most developed characters. Of course they can easily hold their own movies. I think those are the only two that can.

Like I said before Lizard being the only villain would just be repeating the same formula the first two had. It would closely be similar to the second one. A good doctor, who is Peter's friend and mentor turns into a monster and Spider-Man must stop him, but somehow not hurt his friend. Plus he wouldn't really be evil.

It would feel as the same story as SM2 told with only different characters, and Spidey definitely needs something fresh now, something new. Fanboys might accept this, but the GA most likely won't.

Plus there also needs to be interaction between the hero and villain. Lizard mostly just roars and hisses.

I don't see SM4 following the formula for the first two movies as a bad think.

a) scientist experiments on himself
b) scientist loses his mind and becomes villian
c) spidey is conflicted as he shares a connection with the villian
d) villian's plan for domination threatens the city
e) villian regains humanity in the end

I for one am certainly not bored of this, if anything I was disappointed they deviated from this in the third movie.
the are things to remember about lizard

1) his changes can be gradual begining with him simply regrowing his lost arm.
2) there is a dynamic of a family the previous two scientists didn't have, okay, harry had a son, and ock had a wife but they played little part in the villian's developement (imho).
3) none of the villians in the spider-man movies had a grand scheme, the goblin just wanted to hurt spidey and the doctor nearly destorying new york was a side effect of his experiment, it wasn't done by design.
the lizard scheme could be to turn the entire populas in lizards, it might actually be fun to have the lizard succeed only for spidey to use his genius to reverse the effects.

the long and the short of what I'm trying to say is lizard can definately carry a movie on his own with out supporting villians.

^^ Exactly! Though, I think Mysterio and Electro would be able to hold their own movies too.

Well Mysterio isn't really much of a physical threat. You ever played Spider-man 2 the movie game? All it takes is one punch to beat him. That's why in a two-villain system you make him the psychological. Pull out one of Spidey's many physical threats for the other villain.

Electro although a powerful villain, he's really not the brightest bulb.(No pun intended.)

Well Mysterio isn't really much of a physical threat. You ever played Spider-man 2 the movie game? All it takes is one punch to beat him.

That was soooooooooo funny :awesome: I love the Spider-Man 2 game.

I think a serious consideration when choosing a villain for a Spidey movie is can they provide a good fight scene with Spidey? We need a villain that can offer some really great throw downs with Spidey.

Hobgoblin and Mysterio. Physical battles from Hobgoblin, and Mental and Challenging battles from Mysterio.

Here's one thing that would rrrreally bother me: Lizard's attitude being related -in any way- to that alien-crap sample Peter Parker gave him to study/analyze. Oh noes -- they better not :argh:

[A];17656317 said:
Here's one thing that would rrrreally bother me: Lizard's attitude being related -in any way- to that alien-crap sample Peter Parker gave him to study/analyze. Oh noes -- they better not :argh:

Word! I hope they'll ignore that sample totally. There's no need to bring that crap up again.

Lizard and Kraven work very well togeather in storylines though... Kraven being the seemingly swave good guy who is in town.

Que Lizards entrance...Kraven wants to hunt him Spiderman has to battle both Kraven who wants to kill the Lizard and the Lizard who wants to kill Spiderman.

latinoreview is very good for sources, I'm pretty sure they were the ones to get the scoop on church as sandman.

Latino Review is only reporting what MarketSaw.com has said. They're even skeptical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"