E3 2009 Nintendo Conference

KALEL114

Returned
Reaction score
What are some things you would like to see from Nintendo's Conference this year?

I don't have much faith in this conference to be honest. Last year I think we saw a Nintendo who just did not give a crap. They knew they were in the lead, knew they were just raking in money, and just...didn't care. I mean Wii Music was their big thing for God's loving sake.

I hope we see some more core games, but I wouldn't mind seeing something original that's not aimed so low you can see mother Earth. The best I'm hoping for is an announcement of a new game from the star franchises. Otherwise my hope meter is barely flashing

I agree. They seemed to just be on cruise control last year. I guess some Kid Icarus news and a new IP announcement could happen this year.

Considering Nintendo last year basically said they sucked, and an interview earlier in the year they mentioned it being different...I'm thinking Nintendo realized how much off base they were last year.

Yeah, Nintendo's showing last year was a complete joke. But then again, E3 08 was kind of bad all around. I think this year will much better for everyone. Microsoft is promising big new announcements. Nintendo and Sony both have a number of exciting games that have been in the oven for a while. As for Nintendo, correct me if I'm wrong, but the only big "gamer's game" they've released this generation is Super Mario Galaxy. So I'm positive that they'll be showing some stuff they've been sitting on for a while that even I can get excited about. (Hopefully.)

I'm 100% positive we'll see Nintendo decking themselves for the first 30 minutes or so, but that will probably be true for all the press conferences. I think they'll finally show Zelda Wii, which has been in development forever. Remember, they casually announced this game before Twilight Princess was finished and before the Wii was even announced! I doubt we'll see Kid Icarus. As far as I can remember, Nintendo hasn't really shown much interest in that series. I'm pretty sure we'll see Pikmin 3 and maybe a new Kirby. It would be great to see a new Star Fox game, but that's not going to happen.

I read somewhere that a Pikmin 3 announcement is almost certain.

As for Nintendo, correct me if I'm wrong, but the only big "gamer's game" they've released this generation is Super Mario Galaxy.

Even thoughI agree that Nintendo has made some interesting blunders this generation, I'll give you a quick list of Nintendo published "gamer's games" from off the top of my head.

Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Battalion Wars 2
Mario Kart Wii
Super Paper Mario
Warioland: Shake It

All of these are gamer's games, and not a bad collection for the usually mistreated Wii, as they are all decent to fantastic. This year will be adding quite a few to that collection also.

Even thoughI agree that Nintendo has made some interesting blunders this generation, I'll give you a quick list of Nintendo published "gamer's games" from off the top of my head.

Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Battalion Wars 2
Mario Kart Wii
Super Paper Mario
Warioland: Shake It

All of these are gamer's games, and not a bad collection for the usually mistreated Wii, as they are all decent to fantastic. This year will be adding quite a few to that collection also.

I wasn't bashing Nintendo or the Wii or anything like that. And you're right, that is a nice list of games, but I was strictly talking about games developed by Nintendo. I forgot about Mario Kart, sorry about that. I guess I could give you Twilight Princess, but that's more of a Gamecube game, don't you think?

Yea, probably is more of a Gamecube game...I only counted it since Nintendo billed it as the first killer app for the Wii. Oh, and I know you weren't bashing the Wii, I was just answering your question...plus developed by or not, those are all first party franchises, so I figured they counted.

Well, I'll say I hope I'm wrong and that Nintendo isn't just promising hollow bullets to help ease more core fans. I'd like to see them show something really wowing, but I just don't have more confidence in them anymore. I'll just predict a short conference with one 'core title as a big pop, but otherwise be mostly the usual.

If Nintendo proves me wrong, though, I can't say I'll be bitter:)

If Pikmin 3 is Nintendos only "core game" at E3 I'm gonna cry

Mentioned this in the Pokemon thread, but they're remaking Gold and Silver, titled Heart Gold and Soul Silver, for the DS. They will be out in Japan in the fall. So maybe we will get more on that.

Last edited:
c'mon nintendo! announce new mario and zelda titles please!!

Well, Satoru Iwata personally apologized for last year's conference, and Reggie Fils-Aime has promised to do a much better job this year, mentioning that we may hear from the Zelda and Mario teams. So I'm excited. It's only about 2 weeks away.

It shouldn't be hard to improve on last year's show. I mean, even one single picture of Mario or Link with the words "Coming [insert any year you like]" would probably feel like an improvement over what they showed last year. ;)

Haha, yea, they made a huge misstep last year, so they only have to slightly work harder to make it better. :p

As long as I hear the words Pikmin 3...it'll be the greatest E3 showing ever. Oh, and Super Mario Galaxy 2 wouldn't hurt either.

I don't want a Galaxy 2. It was a great game but I didn't like how you couldn't roam around the entire level. The bosses were also effortless.

But more importantly it was fun, nastalgic, and I had a smile on my face through the entire thing. Also if you took the time to get all 120 stars, you could play through the game as Luigi, and it became quite a bit tougher. :up:

It shouldn't be hard to improve on last year's show. I mean, even one single picture of Mario or Link with the words "Coming [insert any year you like]" would probably feel like an improvement over what they showed last year. ;)

I think if Nintendo took a cardboard box, placed a shoe on top of it and rolled it around on stage with a dolly it would be at the same level of last years E3 conference from them as far as I'm concerned.

yeah, i don't want galaxy 2 either. a new mario experience would be better.

I wish they'd put Yoshi in a 3D Mario game so you could ride him in that. Kinda like in Sunshine but better controlled and get rid of the stupid water-dissolving thing.

I wish they'd put Yoshi in a 3D Mario game so you could ride him in that. Kinda like in Sunshine but better controlled and get rid of the stupid water-dissolving thing.
yeah, i'm down for that and also some classic powerups too (raccoon, hammer bros).

A new Star Fox game would be incredible. Make it almost exactly like 64. Put in a level replay once you beat it and you can choose your team after you beat the game once so you can play as other characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"