E3 2010: Microsoft Edition

KALEL114

Returned
Reaction score
xboxe3mosaic.jpg

MS is going all out this year with two confrences! What surprises will they unleash on the 13th for Natal? Pricing and some new IP's? What can we expect on the 14th? Will Gears 3 make an appearance? Are the rumors of a slimmer model true and if so will it be announced? Any exclusive game bombshells dropping? Any previously exclusive games going multiplat bombshells dropping? Place your bets and make your predictions.

Natal will be shown. It will be underwhelming.
They will unveil a redesigned Xbox 360.
Gears of War 3 will be demoed and announced for Spring 2011.
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will be demoed.
Metal Gear Solid: Rising will be revealed.
Mass Effect 3 will be announced.
Portal 2 will be demoed. The next Half-Life game will be teased.
They will show a new Halo game. Because you know...it's Microsoft at E3.

Last edited:
Natal will be shown. It will be underwhelming.
They will unveil a redesigned Xbox 360.
Gears of War 3 will be demoed and announced for Spring 2011.
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will be demoed.
Metal Gear Solid: Rising will be revealed.
Mass Effect 3 will be announced.
Portal 2 will be demoed. The next Half-Life game will be teased.
They will show a new Halo game. Because you know...it's Microsoft at E3.
I don't think they'll show a new Halo game before Reach is even out. Didn't Don Mattrick pull a Halo announcement from an E3 Conference one year just because the other shows were so bad?

GOW3 will DEFINITELY being shown now. I also expect Portal 2, Halo: Reach & Epic's new game. Maybe even the next COD.

Maybe, just maybe... If we're really, really, reeeeeally lucky we'll see Half-Life 3 (maybe Valve said screw it & just went to HL3?)

That's what I'm thinking. Although I don't think they'll show the next Half-Life game per se, I think during the Portal 2 demo they might drop some heavy hints. Going off topic a bit, I think Portal 2 is going to be much more ingrained in the Half-Life mythos than the first was.

But yeah, I also have doubts that Valve is going to continue with the episodic format. Or Half-Life 2: Episode 3 basically be a full game. Only time will tell.

There will no Half-Life: Episode 3, but rather a Half-Life 3.
I´ve been saying this since last year.

Valve views the episodes as Half-Life 3.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm aware of that, but I think that quote gets misinterpreted a lot. They didn't mean that the episodes are "Half-Life 3", I think they just meant that the three episodes are equal to a third game.

But still, it's kinda funny that they made a big deal about releasing stuff "episodically" so it would avoid the delays that come with releasing a full game, and they still run into delays.

Guess they should have taken the time to compile it as one game.

I don't think anyone would dispute that their episodic experiment has been a failure. For them anyway. They inspired other developers to do the episodic thing and do it well. Episode 1 and 2 were great, but when you consider that it's been six years since Half-Life 2 originally came out...that's almost enough time for two "real" Half-Life games to have been made.

Well, it was 6 years between the first Half-Life and the sequel. They should have stuck with that format.

But Valve's episodic experiment is similar to Hothead with Penny Arcade. The only difference is that the former sold better.

What i expect from This Year
Gears 3
Left for Dead 3
Halo Reach
Metal Gear Rising Footage
msft is keeping things tight i am expecting to be blown away at this years E3

I hope we get a new Arkham Asylum 2 trailer.

I will need a new Xbox soon so I hope they announce a new model.

Indeed. Hopefully one with at least 50gb HDD built in.

If the supposed leaked pictures of the board are real they could do it and much more.

I´m sick and tired of Microsoft.
The lack of 1st party studios and exclusives is borderline pathetic.
Even Itagaki´s new game is multiplatform, and he was always totally supportive of the Xbox brand.

Microsoft just doesn´t care anymore, so, why should anyone?

And bare in mind that i love exclusives, not for bragging rights (i have it and you don´t), but that it gives a reason to why we brought a 360 (in this case) in the first place.

Sony already announced LBP2, Motorstorm 3, Killzone 3, Infamous 2, GT 5.......Microsoft has Halo Reach, Fable III and Gears of War 3...oh yeah, and XCom, which anyone with half a brain knows that is timely exclusive.
It´s pathetic..

So, the question that remains is, can this E3 mark the end of the Xbox brand?
And i say this because i don´t see this trend of them ever changing, they just lost Europe, they can´t get a foot in Japan, and they are tottally dependent of the american market.

Last edited:
They are sure going all out at E3. They are streaming it live in Time Square of all things. I think they are going to shove Natal/Wave down everyones throat during and especially after. I think they are hedging their bets on the tech and I'm not sure it will perform like they hope it will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"