E3 2010: Microsoft Edition

Wow i wish i could have gotten the brand new Xbox if i attended E3

Totally unimpressed with Microsoft Press Conference, too much time devoted to Wii 2.0, I mean, Kinect

It's a shame that the show started off great, but the Kinect games just absolutely ruined it.

Still not convinced on Kinect. No price announcement is lame.

Last edited:
I'm sold on the Kinect but not really for the games more for the dashboard and all that stuff just looks so easy to use. The games are exactly what they should be fun party games that can get everyone involved, I find nothing wrong with that. I must say that sports game looks horrible but the adventures game and the riccochet should be lots of fun.

I´m speechless, MS press conference was pure crap.
They really needed an amazing presser, and all they did was put another nail in their cofin.

- Call of Duty (irrelevant as it is a multiplaform game)
- MG Rising (sure, it will use Kinect, with the all slice and pull, but it´s a multiplatform game as well, and PS Move will do the exact same thing)
- Fable III (that was one of the most ridiculous of the show, not the game, but the fact that it was a fricking trailer and not live demo)
- Gears of War 3 (amazing, but we were already expecting it to be so)
- Halo Reach (amazing, with the space combat and the dropping pods, but we were already expecting it to be so)

and then it was all Kinect crap, and it´s Wii game clones.

I´m extremely sad for Rare, all they do is the avatar and Wii Sports...errr....Kinect Sports.
How could MS make that to them?
No Perfect Dark II, no Killer Instinct II, no new game (and i mean it, not the crap MS made them do)....:(

The only two seconds i got really excited was when i with the announcement of the Crytek game (not the game, but because i thought MS had bought Crytek)

All in all, it was horrible, i was never so bored by a E3 press conference before.
And the more i talk about the Activision deal and ESPN the better.

In Microsoft´s head, exclusives is DLC and timely exclusives....ridiculous.
And the ESPN was another kick in the rest of the world gamers head, and show that they are an american company, and american console and it´s all they care.

I was once called a MS fanboy in this same forums, but i can say that LONG LIVE SONY!!
I´m really excited for their press conference and hope they "kill" the 360 once and for all.

Not a single surprise, not a single new game (except the Crytek one)......ridiculous

Nintendo is going to take them both down easily. I wouldn't call the whole thing pure crap since alot of Kinect tech was pretty sweet but they chose the wrong kind of game demonstration to display it. That sports game looked absolutely terrible, adventures could be fun and I actually didn't mind the pet one but they need to come out with some really fun party or hardcore games for this thing to become viable.

So with the new 360 "Slim" Microsoft is going to make some type of transfer cable to transfer date from the old hard drives to the new "Slim" drives, right? Right? RIGHT?

I hope so, because I'm getting one. :woot:

Edit: Even if it doesn't you can transfer data with a flash drive.

From Joystiq:

A question you may be asking yourself: If I upgrade to an Xbox 360 Slim, how do I transfer the data on my current Xbox to the new one? It was revealed to us at Microsoft's Xbox 360 Slim unwrapping event that the new console will support the current data transfer cable (originally made for the Xbox 360 Elite). We also learned that the cables will be available at retail for $19.99 -- a very good thing considering how hard the cables are to find these days. The cables should be available when the new consoles hit the shelves (which should be any day now).

I might sell my 360 and get this one. Seriously, its worth it. I got mine free from the wave where the red ring problem was solved and its never glitched on me. Seriously, I could prob get 150 (200 if I'm lucky and chince my way into it) for it, then I would just be paying the price of the wifi and the hard drive as the difference pretty much.

EDIT: On second thought, **** it... I really don't care that much. I'll just run my xbox through my desktop. They're beside each other anyways...

Last edited:
Isildur´s Heir;18431092 said:
I´m speechless, MS press conference was pure crap.
They really needed an amazing presser, and all they did was put another nail in their cofin.

- Call of Duty (irrelevant as it is a multiplaform game)
- MG Rising (sure, it will use Kinect, with the all slice and pull, but it´s a multiplatform game as well, and PS Move will do the exact same thing)
- Fable III (that was one of the most ridiculous of the show, not the game, but the fact that it was a fricking trailer and not live demo)
- Gears of War 3 (amazing, but we were already expecting it to be so)
- Halo Reach (amazing, with the space combat and the dropping pods, but we were already expecting it to be so)

and then it was all Kinect crap, and it´s Wii game clones.

I´m extremely sad for Rare, all they do is the avatar and Wii Sports...errr....Kinect Sports.
How could MS make that to them?
No Perfect Dark II, no Killer Instinct II, no new game (and i mean it, not the crap MS made them do)....:(

The only two seconds i got really excited was when i with the announcement of the Crytek game (not the game, but because i thought MS had bought Crytek)

All in all, it was horrible, i was never so bored by a E3 press conference before.
And the more i talk about the Activision deal and ESPN the better.

In Microsoft´s head, exclusives is DLC and timely exclusives....ridiculous.
And the ESPN was another kick in the rest of the world gamers head, and show that they are an american company, and american console and it´s all they care.

I was once called a MS fanboy in this same forums, but i can say that LONG LIVE SONY!!
I´m really excited for their press conference and hope they "kill" the 360 once and for all.

Not a single surprise, not a single new game (except the Crytek one)......ridiculous
Sorry but as long as Microsoft has Halo, Dead Space, and Gears of War, and the majority of the gaming world I don't care what the 360 does.
All PS3 has is Resistance as a good title. That is the only reason I ever brother to even turn my PS3 on!

Sorry but as long as Microsoft has Halo, Dead Space, and Gears of War, and the majority of the gaming world I don't care what the 360 does.
All PS3 has is Resistance as a good title. That is the only reason I ever brother to even turn my PS3 on!

Ummmmm......yeah :dry:

I recommend trying some other games like Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid 4, LittleBigPlanet, and God of War III.

You can also play Dead Space on the PS3. As a matter in fact, it's getting shown during the Sony Press Conference tomorrow and is the lead platform for the game's development.

You should go and work for Microsoft, as that is their moronic view on things too.
And, just a quick note, Dead Space and Gears of War are not 1st parties, so you failed right there.
Gears of War can go to the PS3 at any time (don´t believe it will, but it can), just like Mass Effect.

As for the PS3 only has Resistance....
I don´t have a PS3, i have a 360, and i can made you tons of amazing games on the Sony platform, starting with Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Infamous, Killzone, Ratchet & Clank, Resistance...and those the ones that were born this generation.

Bottom line is, Microsoft only has Halo, Fable and Forza.
That´s extremely pathetic

I think Microsoft has a three game deal with Gears of War so unless Epic gets bought by EA or Sony, I think it's going to remain on the Xbox.

I think Microsoft has a three game deal with Gears of War so unless Epic gets bought by EA or Sony, I think it's going to remain on the Xbox.
Sure, unless Epic gets bought by anyone, i believe the all Gears franchise will remain at Microsoft, not only because i believe Epic to be a very loyal company (all Unreal games were published by Atari until the last one), they have a great relation with Microsoft (no point in destroying that, not when the Gears games sell more than 5 millions each) and Microsoft will do anything (even sell their soul if they have too) to kept the Ip as an exclusive.

But, bottom line is, Microsoft should have bought Epic a long time ago, so, if Epic does indeed get bought by another company one day, i will laugh my ass off.
Sure, Epic is an expensive company, but you wouldn´t throw your money away.
Not only Epic is one of the best developers out there, you would have 3 companies for the price of one (Epic, People can Fly and Chair), not to mention the tons money with the Unreal Engine.

But Microsoft just doesn´t care.
In their twisted little world, is better to buy timely exclusives and DLC than to have strong first party developers and Ips.
At this point, Microsoft is no more than a fricking joke.

Yeah, Microsoft really screwed the pooch by completely destroying their first party efforts.

Isildur´s Heir;18433194 said:
You should go and work for Microsoft, as that is their moronic view on things too.
And, just a quick note, Dead Space and Gears of War are not 1st parties, so you failed right there.
Gears of War can go to the PS3 at any time (don´t believe it will, but it can), just like Mass Effect.

As for the PS3 only has Resistance....
I don´t have a PS3, i have a 360, and i can made you tons of amazing games on the Sony platform, starting with Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Infamous, Killzone, Ratchet & Clank, Resistance...and those the ones that were born this generation.

Bottom line is, Microsoft only has Halo, Fable and Forza.
That´s extremely pathetic
I never said Gears was a 1st party. I said Microsoft has Gears which they do. Because I don't know about any spin offs but Gears 3 is by the looks of things, the last Gears and it is only on the 360. Who failed now?

Isildur´s Heir;18433375 said:
Sure, unless Epic gets bought by anyone, i believe the all Gears franchise will remain at Microsoft, not only because i believe Epic to be a very loyal company (all Unreal games were published by Atari until the last one), they have a great relation with Microsoft (no point in destroying that, not when the Gears games sell more than 5 millions each) and Microsoft will do anything (even sell their soul if they have too) to kept the Ip as an exclusive.

But, bottom line is, Microsoft should have bought Epic a long time ago, so, if Epic does indeed get bought by another company one day, i will laugh my ass off.
Sure, Epic is an expensive company, but you wouldn´t throw your money away.
Not only Epic is one of the best developers out there, you would have 3 companies for the price of one (Epic, People can Fly and Chair), not to mention the tons money with the Unreal Engine.

But Microsoft just doesn´t care.
In their twisted little world, is better to buy timely exclusives and DLC than to have strong first party developers and Ips.
At this point, Microsoft is no more than a fricking joke.

Agreed. Looking at my library, I only have two exclusives (Gears of War 1 & Mass Effect), and either Epic or EA (or both) could port them over to PS3 in the future. There are just a pathetic lack of IPs for Microsoft that as 360 owner if you don't play Halo/Forza/Fable you might as well play PS3 for the multiplatform games, plus you can play online on PSN for free, with Blu-ray on top of that. And from what I've seen thus far, I think Move > Kinect, because Kinect's lack of controller will be keeping its games to be way too simplistic to have any depth (for instance, that Star Wars demo game look like it will be an action game on rail). Too bad I already invested too much on 360 to make the switch to PS3 now, and given how few free time I have now, I can't justify buying my third console system.

Wow, did I wake up in a time warp bc it feels like 2006

Resistance was the only PS3 game that caught my eye. I will be honest that Killzone game looks nice but with Halo,Gears,and Dead Space 2 I just don't have the money to even worry about getting it.

I have but one question for data transfer for the new 360. I bought one of the 250gb MW2 consoles when they came out and just a few months ago transfered my licenses to it. If I buy one of the new 360s within a couple months will I have to wait until the next year starts on my transfers or will Microsoft allow me to transfer them right away?

That is the truth though for Microsoft at least as the core Halo games not ODST or Wars still make more then most PS3 Exclusives

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"