E3 2013 - Part 1

Fair point. Shame, I wanted to keep a digital copy of Uncharted 3.

Does anyone use PS+ for all their games? It sounds like you could get away with just playing the free games as they're not crazy old games and they come at you quick enough to keep you busy.
I think it works best for people who are fairly new to the system. Like I snatched up Uncharted 3 as soon as it was released, same with games like Deus Ex and Saint's Row 3. So its a bit of a bummer that they have it free now. But on the flipside, last year I got Just Cause 2 and Borderlands for free and it was awesome.
I'm still a bit confused about the Online Passes. They said they got rid of it, but when I finally got Mass Effect 3 last week, the screen looked like it bypassed the PSN code. But now it keeps telling me an Online pass is needed. I haven't actually tried to play MP yet and I haven't in the code that came with the game yet, but I figured that would be done with already.

That's a sound strategy, unfortunately it's going to take me awhile to unload all my 360 stuff but I can always rebuy XCOM later.

Well what you could do if you already have a psn account with Plus you don't need to wait to have a Ps system to purchase games, you could use Sony's online store to purchase Xcom and it will stay in your download history to be redownloaded forever even after the window has passed. You can create a PSN account online, I had one for about three years before I even had a PS3. I purchase everything on plus that's free even if its a game I have no interest in because I go to my download history later and redownloaded it and play it anytime(well as long as I have plus) and if my plus expires as long as I renew it again I can still play the games.

I think it works best for people who are fairly new to the system. Like I snatched up Uncharted 3 as soon as it was released, same with games like Deus Ex and Saint's Row 3. So its a bit of a bummer that they have it free now. But on the flipside, last year I got Just Cause 2 and Borderlands for free and it was awesome.

I'm still a bit confused about the Online Passes. They said they got rid of it, but when I finally got Mass Effect 3 last week, the screen looked like it bypassed the PSN code. But now it keeps telling me an Online pass is needed. I haven't actually tried to play MP yet and I haven't in the code that came with the game yet, but I figured that would be done with already.

Yeah I'm still playing Borderlands(just yesterday) and have yet to play JC2 it's sitting on my hard drive. I got Deus Ex only a month ago and U3 but I purchased the free versions anyways hehe, just didn't download. The online passes are still active for older EA games I believe unfortunately and won't/can't be changed. So you'll need the pass for multiplayer. New games from now one shouldn't have online passes.

The online passes are still active for older EA games I believe unfortunately and won't/can't be changed. So you'll need the pass for multiplayer. New games from now one shouldn't have online passes.
Which is lame bc that's something they can deactivate from their server side

Which is lame bc that's something they can deactivate from their server side

It's very lame and stupid, on top of that EA likes shutting down servers too...

I 'm sure this is the right place to put this. Incase any one missed it or wants to see it again or just want to see it here's the After of the E3 Ubisoft conference Q&A with the Dev's

[YT]XeAa2Ayuc3c[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"