E3 2013 - Part 1

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Gameplay walkthrough adam sessler at E3 2013

[YT]Sdol453an_A[/YT]
Looks like it plays exactly the same as AC3. I think this will be the first AC game I'll skip, or at least not buy when it comes out.

i had my captain of the aquila suit and no more ship battles to do in ac3, this is for me. i really enjoyed the ship stuff. i can't wait to just sail around, apparently the ocean is another "location" for this game, so it's not just cities, but open sea as well that you can sail around at will. but yea if you guys didn't like the sailing this is probably not gonna peek your interest.

was hunting still apart of the game? i don't remember a mention for this one. now imagine mixing hunting with sailing, perhaps whaling or shark hunting or something.

• CD Projekt Red Reacts To Lack Of Xbox One In Poland

e3 2013
    on Jun 12, 2013 at 05:17 PM
    xboxone-icon.png

Microsoft's messaging on Xbox One continues to be challenging.
    ... More
source:GI

battlefield 4 demo with sessler
[YT]nYyOnj3sSng[/YT]

infamous second son with sessler
[YT]7PaC52BQe2I[/YT]

Last edited:
Looks like it plays exactly the same as AC3. I think this will be the first AC game I'll skip, or at least not buy when it comes out.

Which played exactly the same as the AC2-era games, which played exactly the same as the AC1-era games. At its heart, AC is still AC, and it's about Assassins parkour-ing around rooftops and treetops to stealth-kill those pesky Templars. That's never going to change; it's what the franchise is about. What *does* change is the setting, and the genre. We've moved from straight medieval warfare in AC1, through Renaissance politics and skullduggery in the AC2 series, to a James Fenimore Cooper style colonial frontier, to a swashbuckling pirate adventure.

If pirates aren't your thing, obviously, this game has nothing for you. But if you love pirates, swashbuckling, naval warfare, and exploring eras of history that haven't already been done to death (e.g., WWII, modern warfare, contemporary urban, post-holocaust, and medieval Japan/China), then AC4 will be fun and refreshing.

That's what I love about the AC series: they continue to explore the unexpected, and the eras of history that don't get much coverage in video gaming (or Hollywood movies, for that matter). And their choices are always grand, beautiful, and totally immersive, and play out like the greatest of epic Hollywood spectacles. AC4 obviously still delivers on that front.

PS+ for July includes Deus Ex : Human Revolution, Uncharted 3, Saints Row 4, and XCOM Enemy Unknown.

And they have already announced that a PS+ version of Drive Club is going to be available at the PS4 launch.

Do these usually stay free for good for subscribers or is there a window where you have to claim them?

Do these usually stay free for good for subscribers or is there a window where you have to claim them?
It depends. Sometimes they stay up for a while, but other times they're timed so they're going in either a couple of weeks or a month. That's why I always download whatever is free even if I don't want to play it right away or at all. It's more just to have it before it disappears.

It depends. Sometimes they stay up for a while, but other times they're timed so they're going in either a couple of weeks or a month. That's why I always download whatever is free even if I don't want to play it right away or at all. It's more just to have it before it disappears.

That's a sound strategy, unfortunately it's going to take me awhile to unload all my 360 stuff but I can always rebuy XCOM later.

Adam Sessler's Walkthrough with the Creative Director of Tom Clancy's The Division

[YT]Pb6W-SZkjC0[/YT]

This one is Sessler and The Elder Scrolls Online.

[YT]s0BqW1JrHkQ[/YT]

There's a window that it's available for free, but all you really need to do is initiate the download and then cancel it. At that point it registers as a purchased game in your download history and you can go back and re-download it whenever you want to (as long as your subscribed).

Like Uncharted 3 right now, I need to finish several games and delete them to make room, so I started the download and it gave the lack of space error, but it's in my history now and I can go download it again whenever I have the space, even if it is removed from the free list.

Is it likely that games that are free now will come back into the cycle and become free again at a later date?

I'd create exclusive content for the PS4 and PC. Just to tell them what I think of them. Asia is going to get the X1 in the fall of 2014. When are other places like Poland supposed to get it? You can't even import it and use an US account, because if your country isn't supported, the X1 might not even work properly.

They can't be too happy

If only there were a region free, more powerful system they could buy for $100 less...

I hope we get some real, honest answers from MS about all of these decisions at some point, other than 'it's the future, deal with it.'

"If you want your games released in your home country, we have an option for that. It's called the Xbox 360."

-Don Matrick

I don't even mind the whole cloud processing. Honestly, that sounds like a great idea. Less stress on your system, and you get better AI and even graphics. But even then, there should be an option if I want to use cloud processing. Like when I play offline, the AI is simply less intelligent, and maybe load times could be longer. But when I want the best possible experience, I go online and let the cloud servers handle AI and background rendering.

But other than that, how's 24 hour check-ins the Future? Or only being able to gift my game to a friend that I've known for at least 30 days? Or games that definitely don't use the cloud processing, still requiring online to play? And absolutely having the Kinect connected to your X1, otherwise it won't work? That's all just bull****.

Is it likely that games that are free now will come back into the cycle and become free again at a later date?
Maybe but I think they try to avoid that as its not fair to current Plus subscribers. There's so much content out there that really don't need to repeat

Nintendo: If you're worried about used game sales, make better games
The best way for console makers to deal with the used games market is to ensure their games are so good that people don't want to trade them in, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime told Polygon. But supporting used games is also important, he added.

"We have been very clear, we understand that used games are a way for some consumers to monetize their games," Fils-Aime said. "They will buy a game, play it, bring it back to their retailer to get credit for their next purchase. Certainly, that impacts games that are annualized and candidly also impacts games that are maybe undifferentiated much more than [it] impacts Nintendo content. Why is that? Because the replayability of our content is super strong. The consumer wants to keep playing Mario Kart. The consumer want to keep playing New Super Mario Bros. They want to keep playing Pikmin. So we see that the trade-in frequency on Nintendo content is much less than the industry average – much, much less. So for us, we have been able to step back and say that we are not taking any technological means to impact trade-in and we are confident that if we build great content, then the consumer will not want to trade in our games."
Link

Maybe but I think they try to avoid that as its not fair to current Plus subscribers. There's so much content out there that really don't need to repeat
Yeah, when you think about it, they usually have one or to big name titles for the PS3 and Vita each, as well as some great PSN stuff. With the wide catalog of games available, its really easy to avoid offering something repeatedly.

Fair point. Shame, I wanted to keep a digital copy of Uncharted 3.

Does anyone use PS+ for all their games? It sounds like you could get away with just playing the free games as they're not crazy old games and they come at you quick enough to keep you busy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"