E3 2014 - Part 1

They got a lot out of the ps3 for the time with the original uncharted but the difference between 1 and 3 is huge. I'm sure uncharted 4 will look great but will be noticeably lower in quality as compared to games at the end of the ps4s lifespan.

I'm hoping they will be able to get more out of this console sooner, since it's optimized for easy development.

But yeah, the difference will be significant, anyway. I'm kind of curious to see how far they can go.

Do we know yet how the online upgrade weapons system works yet in Advanced Warfare ? That will determine me buying the game

I'm eyeing a Wii U as a secondary console, with the PS4 as my primary console.

I'll get the Wii U solely for its exclusives.

Even with major exclusives...I don't know...I REALLY hate that giant controller.

Even with major exclusives...I don't know...I REALLY hate that giant controller.

Have you actually tried it? I know, at first, I thought it was going to be awful. I figured I would just have to get a Pro controller, but it's actually well designed. You forgot about the size pretty quickly. I played through every game I have with it, didn't get a Pro controller until MK8, but not even because it was bad, that was for multiplayer. I think if I had to chose, I prefer the Pro controller, but the Gamepad is not bad at all.

I love the Gamepad. Its great how you dont even need the TV on to play games. Just load up the Gamepad

Wow, I haven't seen Vic and and Tommy together since the early G4TV days, right after TechTV died.

Wow, I haven't seen Vic and and Tommy together since the early G4TV days, right after TechTV died.
I fallowed the show since they removed it from you all state side the show was still running and I saw when Tommy mentioned he started video games live and his last review was the dynasty worriers game with vic during one of his shows on video games live and the last time I think I saw Tommy was during one of the comic cons and E3 at abou 2012 with the newer reviewers. I was sure posted some of that stuff too on here . I think the later was before goeff K (GT TV) and Jade left the shows. it's a good thing vic saw whatthe fool studio producer was doing to G4 Tv and he went independent before a lot of others.

Last edited:
Yeah, their show ran on another station after it was taken off G4. Plus, Tommy run that Video Games Live! show at one point. I guess he still doesn't soundtrack work for games, too?

It had a brief teaser at the end of Sony's press conference. That's all, though. No date or anything substantial

Yeah, their show ran on another station after it was taken off G4. Plus, Tommy run that Video Games Live! show at one point. I guess he still doesn't soundtrack work for games, too?
He does, but video games live takes up most of his time when he's not doing that. Shawn Hatten has a similar career to Tommy though where he does music for games.

As to Vic and EPN at least where both reviews on the run and EPD on tv are concerned they are on many tv stations you just have to know where their on ABC some certain NBC channels Hgtve I think I put it up in the gaming lounge when they said they were expanding and looking for partners to add to their network un boxing therapy was added to it it's a dude that unbox's the collectors editions of games

Last edited:
Ok this will the last this thread will be darkened up on

Finally Game informer put up their pod cast on E3

• GI Show 207: The Best of E3 2014

podcast
    on Jun 19, 2014 at 07:00 PM
    ps4-icon.png
    xboxone-icon.png
    cafe-icon.png
    3ds_icon.png

Another E3 is in the books, and we're back to discuss the best and brightest games we saw in Los Angeles.
    ... more
and o the EPN.TV side we finally be side some talk o E3 still we hear from Scott C Jones ad his surgery

oh they also stated that we'll See Tommy T again this years @ this years comic Con where he'll be doing something speacial with Vic.

Scott Calls the Basement
Scott calls in on the show today! Scott talks about his medical operation for his heart . He’s missing the complaining, but is now a cyborg which is really cool. He answers some of your questions and talks about his thoughts about E3.

source:GI &EPN.TV

Have you actually tried it? I know, at first, I thought it was going to be awful. I figured I would just have to get a Pro controller, but it's actually well designed. You forgot about the size pretty quickly. I played through every game I have with it, didn't get a Pro controller until MK8, but not even because it was bad, that was for multiplayer. I think if I had to chose, I prefer the Pro controller, but the Gamepad is not bad at all.

Yeah I have...really didn't like it. Too bulky.

yeah I kow I said with the pod cast that'll be the last time this thread was dug up but I remember had a certain coversatio where I said this

they said he had enough money to finish it himself with his studio. but he wanted a publisher regardless partner wise, this is why I said I'll let him speak himself when he's asked . It's better that way. let him do the clarifying. so much happening right now
From here: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?p=29016895#post29016895

And this is from over the weekend from game informer

How did the game land exclusively on Wii U?
When we became independent as Valhalla Game Studio, I feel like we were able to pull together a lot of people who really loved games. We were very fortunate in that regard. But after THQ collapsed, we found ourselves needing a partner. We talked to lots of different people, but the ones who understood what we were challenging ourselves to do, who most supported our vision was Nintendo. Really it was about the people involved working together well.
Thankfully, we’ve been able keep a lot of people who were instrumental in building the game from the beginning together, including former members of THQ, like Mr. Danny Bilson. I think what was most important in putting that team together, was that everyone had the same passion and love for the project.
Devil’s Third is a shooter with melee aspects. How do you balance that? And what are some of the other ways you set yourself apart from other shooters, other than the humor?
First, I’d like to address the reason why we decided to make a shooter. After lots of years of experience working on fighting games in the Dead or Alive series, and action games with the Ninja Gaiden series, we wanted to find a new challenge, and we felt like that challenge, for us, was the new category of shooters.
As far as finding that balance, I think that was an interesting question for us because we haven’t really seen a lot of shooters that are attempting to do these kinds of things that you would find in action games like this. So, the general flow that we followed was, at that stage, we started researching all the modern shooters we could get our hands on. And then we created the basic engine of the game and started adding the melee elements to that.
DevilsThird_610a.jpg

The main engine of the game is as a shooter, but because we have so much know-how in the area of action games, we’re able to find ways to make those elements come in pretty smoothly, as well. But I hope everyone gets a chance to play the game and judge for themselves.
In terms of finding a way to make those work well together, we had to consider the various situations that people would choose to use gun or melee attacks. So, if you have a far away enemy, you do still have a number of options. You don’t necessarily have to shoot someone just because they are far away. You could be sliding toward them closing the gap while shooting the whole time, or just sliding in so you can start to use melee attacks up close. You can also throw a melee weapon and kill from a distance, or just use melee all the way to the far enemy killing other enemies along the way. What’s important to us is that we could achieve that kind of fusion of various approaches.

he didn't really touch up on the money issues but that pretty much it. Just had to get that outta the way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"