Age of Ultron Early Avengers 2 Box Office Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MessiahDecoy123

Psychological Anarchist
Reaction score
The first Avengers was a pop culture phenomenon. Can Age of Ultron possibly surpass it?

What are your box office predictions?

My early prediction:

215 m opening weekend
550 m domestic
1,050 m overseas

1.6 billion worldwide

:hubba AOU will be a Monster of Epic proportions at the Box office here and abroad, I look for it to exceed the opening weekend of the First avengers by a tidy sum..
It will once again set the standard...
I can't till wait the the first trailer arrives...

Last edited:
The trend for MCU films since TA is crystal clear. Nothing is certain but making a case that theres gonna be a falloff in bo from the first film will have to rely on something other than evidence logic recent history etc. Even a lackluster GotG result will have minimal impact on AoU's success, for obvious reasons.

The only way this movie under performs - ie it makes less than TA - is if the movie isn't as good/entertaining as it should be. But there's no way to make that kind of prediction at this point.

I do think its possible that the Dom #'s could be a bit lower but I expect the Intl #'s to be even bigger.

Eleventy billion dollars?

59096-Dr-Evil-pinky-gif-One-Million-vsqm.gif

For real, I think AOU will make even more than A1, maybe 1.5-2 billion.

Last edited:
If it's better than A1, then it could get to 2 bill.

I'm sure it will make more unless it is much worse. Which I don't think is likely.

:hubba AOU will be a Monster of Epic proportions at the Box office here and abroad, I look for it to exceed the opening weekend of the First avengers by a tidy sum..
It will once again set the standard...
I can't wait the the first trailer arrives...

I really hope it's either attached to Guardians or released the day before.

Cause if that's the case, we only have to wait about 2 and a half months longer.
And then when we do see it, we get to be hopelessly hyped and desperate to go into cyro-sleep just to kill the time like we were with the approach to Avengers 1. Ah, fun times...

Do you think theyll have a trailer ready by GOTG? It seems kinda quick. I dont know how they do that stuff these days. I suppose if theyre editing while shooting they could make one. I really want to see what the movies photography looks like this time. If its more epic or dark and less bright like A1.

A good number of sequels tend not to make as much as the first film but I think enough of the GA loves MS that A:AoU will easily make it to a billion. Cap 2 is a solo film without Robert Downey Jr and has almost made 700Million WW, so it should be a lock for Avengers. I don't want to go too extreme so I'll play it safe with 1.2 - 1.4

Last edited:
1) Its an ensemble film which usually makes a big difference. This isnt just IM or Cap. 2) Its a sequel, so its got the built in audience already. 3) If its a great film (which it should be), thatll just increase the numbers.

I really can't imagine there will be a trailer for GOTG, maybe a minute teaser but I don't think that's likely either. 1st trailer for TWS was October.

^Also don't first sequels usually make more money, then they reduce over time, usually cos of reduction in quality of the films

All the MCU films have dramatically increased for their sequel

I dont think we're at the point yet where theyll decrease in quality. If anything theyll be getting more ambitious and interesting.

One thing Id like to see is how GOTG will tie in to Avengers. Maybe another Thanos scene at the end where he talks about being contacted by Strucker through the scepter.

1B+ overseas number is a guarantee imo but domestic will be interesting

could be in 1.4B-1.7B

I say 1.8b-2b and I think that is low balling it. I think A:AoU will buck the normal sequel trend and blow out everyone's expectations

I'm going to say 2 billion worldwide! It's gonna have a huge hype train leading up to release! A teaser in GOTG would be awesome! Kinda like they had in the first Captain america movie.

The only thing I feel comfortable predicting is the film breaking the opening weekend number. After that, anything between $1.3bil and 1.7bil would not surprise me.

Last time i predicted around what Avengers did, people called me crazy for saying it would beat The Dark Knight Rises in the box office and pass the billion mark by a good margin, who's laughing now? :p

I predict 1.2 billion to 2 billion, i don't think it will make as much as Cameron's films but it may come closer, who knows, but i think it will just do around the same ammount of money Avengers did, Superhero films aren't everyone's cup of tea yet, so it's not as broad as Titanic or Avatar, but if the fandom keeps expanding, then it has a good chance of getting to the 2 billion club.

MCU is basically like Star Wars at this point. People are fiends for these movies.

Last time i predicted around what Avengers did, people called me crazy for saying it would beat The Dark Knight Rises in the box office and pass the billion mark by a good margin, who's laughing now? :p

I predict 1.2 billion to 2 billion, i don't think it will make as much as Cameron's films but it may come closer, who knows, but i think it will just do around the same ammount of money Avengers did, Superhero films aren't everyone's cup of tea yet, so it's not as broad as Titanic or Avatar, but if the fandom keeps expanding, then it has a good chance of getting to the 2 billion club.

Avatar is the weirdest franchise.

Pop culture and internet forums give little indication of its mega-popularity.

That's because the internet fandom can be more snobish, the best places to se the actual casual interest are places like Facebook.

Lol yeah I remember being enthralled with Avatar watching it in imax 3d. Then I watch it on cable on the 37 inch and I'm like "wtf was that?"

That's because the internet fandom can be more snobish, the best places to se the actual casual interest are places like Facebook.

Usually you can accurately sense popularity from internet forums.

Think about franchises like TDK, Avengers, Star Wars and The Hunger Games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"