Avengers: Endgame Box Office (Poll is for second film only)

Discussion in 'Avengers: Endgame' started by samsnee, Jun 12, 2018.

?

How much will Avengers 4 make worldwide?

1. Over $2.5B worldwide

2. $2.0B - $2.5B

3. $1.8B - $2.0B

4. $1.6B - $1.8B

5. $1.4B - $1.6B

6. $1.2B - $1.4B

7. $1B - $1.2B

8. Under $1B worldwide

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 8ulk87 Winter is Coming

Total Lifetime Grosses

Domestic: $858,373,000 30.7%
    + Foreign: $1,937,901,401 69.3%
    = Worldwide: $2,796,274,401

I think 2796,3 mil will be the final gross for EndGame.
    OS numbers havent got an update since last weekend. Im pretty sure the movie ended its run everywhere.

Will soon end its run Domestically.

The final numbers if they dont get adjusted.

$858,4 mil Dom.
    $1937,9 mil OS.
    $2796,3 mil WW.
    $6,6 mil ahead of Avatar.

#3826 8ulk87, Sep 9, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  2. NHawk19 insert witty comment

Think we'll ever see numbers like this in the MCU again?

3. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

It would have to be a massive meet up.

4. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Nope! Honestly I don't think we'll ever see something like this again . This was a once in a lifetime event.

5. samsnee Ok

Seems to happen every 10 years or so. We definitely will get another $2B movie at some point, may not be Marvel, but we will.

KaijuDude1992 likes this.
  6. shinlyle King of the Haters

Agreed. Honestly, with Marvel retiring or losing Iron Man, Captain America, AND Spider-Man in one year, I think they would be hard-pressed to ever hit that high again. It's like DC saying, "We're going to give you a Justice League film where there is no Batman, Superman or Wonder Woman, but you have Shazam!" Meh. You know...as opposed to them giving us a JL movie with the core heroes, but written shoddily and directed by 2 directors with opposite styles and with no true narrative focus.

7. DKDetective Elementary, Dear Robin

You all are funny - talking about Marvel loosing their "A" heroes and how they will never reach $2 billion again as a result. Need I remind you that many were skeptical about the MCU at the outset. Everyone thought that Marvel was left with its B and C list characters after selling off the A list to Fox and Sony. Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios made Iron Man, Thor, Cap, Black Panther, etc. A-list box office draws. They have done it multiple times before and they will do it again. Do I need remind you that the Black Panther and Captain Marvel solo films both made over a billion? The DCEU has not been able to do that with Batman, Superman, or the two of them combined since the Nolan days. Don't count the MCU and Feige out.

8. NHawk19 insert witty comment

I don't think anyone is counting Fiege out. We all just recognize that product is making some substantial changes. This is leading to some very well liked features being replaced with new features which haven't stood 100% on their own yet. It's not that they're bad, its just that they're not the same.

It's like when a family owned company switches from 1 generation of leadership to another. There are inevitable changes, some may like them, some may not. There's also a brief re-building/re-acclamation period as people adjust to the new normal. Phase IV starts that new normal period. We're guessing how long it'll take to get through that awkward time, and if /when the new structure will be stronger and/or more successful than than the original.

It took 11 years of film releases to reach the original success level. In the near term I have no doubt we'll continue to see tremendous performance by the MCU, but IFW/EG was so over the top and fresh, it becomes a question of whether or not that level of freshness can be obtained again in the MCU before inflation makes 2 billion dollar movies the norm, and what it will take to make that happen.

We've seen now stand alone films, team films, cross-overs, and mega event crossovers, across the action, sci-fi, comedy, political thriller, and heist formats. So the questions become: what's next? How do they keep it fresh? Can they sustain the level of quality we've come to know and expect?

#3833 NHawk19, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  9. shinlyle King of the Haters

I'm not doubting their ability, I just think that, moving on from the first wave almost entirely severely ties their hands. No Cap, Iron Man, or whatever....it hurts.

Of course, there is another school of thought: By tagging out the heroes and characters every so often, you prevent the endless cycle of reboots that could suffer from only having one hero and his villains and supporting cast in your stable (throws glance at Sony).

Either way, we'll all be there. If they can keep the spectacle and the magic going, then we could have something else magical in another 10 years (or less).

10. samsnee Ok

If they can build up X-men and F4 right, the inevitable team-up will be huge.

11. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

Secret Wars could do something along these lines, but it ain't gonna happen tomorrow. We'll need a minimum of 6 years build up and, most likely, a few years more than that.

12. 8ulk87 Winter is Coming

Final numbers got adjusted a bit.

$858,4 mil Dom.
    $1939,4 mil OS.
    ------------------
    $2797,8 mil WW.

$8,1 mil ahead of Avatar.

psylockolussus likes this.
  13. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

It's weird that there was just another $1.5M unaccounted for. Too bad it wasn't an extra $200M.

14. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

It will be Xtraordin4ry!

15. Donner Formerly Elektra1

So do we think Star Wars can take the top spot?

16. Hannibal75 Registered

Not a chance in hell for many reasons.
    Most importantly, Star Wars movies are a bust in China.

shinlyle likes this.
  17. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

Endgame is invincible!

18. shinlyle King of the Haters

There is zero chance. I love Star Wars, but it probably won't even top Endgame's domestic total, let alone the all time crown. The only time Star Wars had a chance of that was before the dark times...before the prequels. With everyone still whining about The Last Jedi, I'm sure it'll take a domestic downturn from The Force Awakens, which will cripple any chance of toppling Endgame.

19. PunyGod Astronomer

James Cameron predicts 'Avatar' will ultimately top 'Avengers: Endgame': 'I think it's a certainty'

I just need to rant about this. I love most of Cameron's movies but he is so unbelievably arrogant. He says he took the "high road" when he congratulated Endgame. Really? Sounds like it was so difficult for him. What other road do you take?

He never said it was a good movie. He literally depicted Endgame as an iceberg and just said that it's great people are still going to the movies. Because all he cares about are his sequels. And he is obviously pissed that someone beat him so now he is talking about accounting errors and re-releases. How petty.

I know the MCU has a huge target on its head so its natural everyone wants to tear it down. But it's so sad to see all these top filmmakers trashing their fellow's work recently. I guess its a part of a larger problem with our culture at this point.

20. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

A lot of filmmakers feel it's assembly line cinema, that's the long and short of it. The products are excellent but they feel what they feel.

21. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

22. Ironman2407 Registered

shinlyle, Iceman and Kev4000 like this.
  23. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

shinlyle likes this.
  24. shinlyle King of the Haters

25. shinlyle King of the Haters

Aww....him's thinkin' again!! (Cameron, I mean!)

Will Avatar make bank? No doubt! Will it kill at the box office? I don't doubt it! Will it be what the original was? Nope. There is too much competition at the BO for him to get an 8 month run with no real competition like he did last time. Also...this is the same guy who told us to believe in Terminator Dark Fate...
    The irony is that the guy who has made his living off of blockbuster cinema is kind of hating on Disney and Marvel for capitalizing on the recipe for blockbuster cinema...Disney who now owns the rights to Avatar...so...yeah.

Also, even if Avatar 2 beats Endgame, and that's a BIG "if", look at the total BO for the MCU...versus the entire Avatar series after that. The MCU is a behemoth. A Juggernaut. Even if it takes a downturn, this will be a period of cinema that will be long remembered.

Also, it's okay to like the MCU and Avatar...and a lot of people do. Shoot...if they include more space stuff in part 2, I may go see it.