Edge of Tomorrow - Part 1

Just rewatchted this. Still love it. Still one of the most underrated blockbusters of the 2010s. Still better than most of the MCU, DCEU output

I still am completely fine without a sequel and I still don't think it'll happen. Especially if, like my prediction, The Mummy under performs.

Just rewatchted this. Still love it. Still one of the most underrated blockbusters of the 2010s. Still better than most of the MCU, DCEU output

I still am completely fine without a sequel and I still don't think it'll happen. Especially if, like my prediction, The Mummy under performs.

It was my favorite movie of the year.

This will go down as one of the best action films of the decade. Up there with Fury Road, MI4 and MI5. It's interesting Cruise is in three of those.

It was a good movie.
Not sure where they can go with a sequel though.

I would have personally loved more a prequel than a sequel with just Full Metal B. But I get it, Cruise is a star and the one who wants to make another one. And he has power to persuade studio for green-light it.

They can't do what they did in first movie. It would feel redundant. I do trust Liman to make a good movie. Storywise no idea. Just hope sequel doesnt erase or undermine events from first movie.

It was a good movie.
Not sure where they can go with a sequel though.

The other guy who was in on it with Cage and FMB said there could be thousands of meteors in space with those aliens on it.

Yeah the ending wasn't a bad one. I guess they are going to explain his powers?

Ending was ok, ending made sense in way of possible sequel coming out and left things open. I dont get from where this horrible ending is coming from.

I really liked this one. Would give it a 8.
The time loops we're really well done. Not a new concept but it was well executed.

Not really a Hollywood ending as it is a time loop subgenre ending.

You have to love how "journalists" (read bloggers) think they speak for everyone. The ending was fine.

Clearly a slow news day in the movie world when people need to invent non-existent problems.

Liman On Cruise’s “Live. Die. Repeat. Repeat” Arc
By Garth Franklin
Friday, August 11th 2017 10:50 am

Doug Liman’s acclaimed and darkly humored sci-fi action war film “Edge of Tomorrow,” now titled “Live Die Repeat,” marked a welcome change for its star Tom Cruise because his character of Bill Cage is anything but a hero.
Ultimately he finds his courage to fight and even save the Earth, but in a recent chat with Cinema Blend, Liman says the upcoming part-sequel, part-prequel “Live. Die. Repeat and Repeat” will give Bill Cage a real story arc which we’ve yet to see in full:
“You know, it’s a sequel that’s a prequel. That being said, he has a way better arc in the sequel. Because in Live Die Repeat, he’s basically saving the world because he lives there. He really is just trying to save the girl. He has not necessarily become less of a coward [by the end], and he hasn’t necessarily become a better person.
As a matter of fact, that was something that was important to Tom. When we were making the movie, we would joke that he’s only saving the Earth because he lives here. He would choose to just leave and go be somewhere else if he could.
So his character never really makes the transformation. Vince Vaughn’s character doesn’t really make the transformation in Swingers. I love anti-heroes, and sometimes I love them for their anti-heroness, so you don’t want to necessarily lose that. That being said, he has a proper arc in the sequel, which is why I’m so excited to make the movie.”
How that arc will play out is anyone’s guess, though the nature of the film’s time jumps would seem to posit the idea he somehow stops the war with the Mimics from ever happening. Liman and Cruise will likely have more to say later this month when interviews over their most recent collaboration, drug-running drama “American Made,” start being published.

I thought he had become a better person by the end of the first one. He was willing to sacrifice himself, something his character wouldn't have done in the beginning of the film.

I think that maybe some people felt like changing the ending from what it was in the book didn't work, maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"