Edge of Tomorrow - Part 1

Title is turrible

and I still don't believe this will happen

So is this actually happening? The first movie was superb!

The "And Repeat" is a head-scratcher

Terrible title. But the title for this one changed like 4 times so there's still hope, lol.

Why use the same title you used for the dvd release of the film? I feel like that was worse then Edge of Tomorrow.

And this title is an example of why I always buy my tickets at the kiosk instead of telling the cashier what I want to see.

Turrible just turrible. Never seen a franchise or set of movies which struggles this much with titles for the movies...

Turrible just turrible. Never seen a franchise or set of movies which struggles this much with titles for the movies...

Well then, let's hope Liman has a third one in him so that fans can unofficially call it The Turrible Titles Trilogy.

So many better things they could have named this...

The original is still one of the best modern Scifi action films we have gotten in recent memory and while I would prefer they just left it alone, despite the ****** current title there is inherently more to be explored in the world they set up in the first film. Still... I think they should have just left this alone and Cruise and Liman should have teamed for a new original idea.

I would've gone with something video game-related.

I know Edge of Tommorow wasnt good title. But still movie made money at the end, and it was one of better movies that year. Audience spread the word, it got legs. So at the end regardless of title of first movie and marketing campaign, name did become recognizable enough for people to speak about it. I really wouldnt mind if it was called something like Edge of Tommorow 2: Repeat. Making complete change title of the movie, I feel general audience wont recognize it immediately. And you need again build it.

Yeah Edge Of Tomorrow was the better title in the first place. Don't know why they suddenly changed the title for the home release.

The movie is great though and is there certainly more to explore in this world so I am glad this sequel is happening.

I prefer the Live.Die.Repeat title, myself.

If the Full Metal B**** is back then I'm there.

6aIulvf.gif

John Carter was one of the dumbest title blunders in recent memory, but this "And Repeat" **** takes the cake. I don't understand why the studio struggles so much with titles for the films in this series. Ffs.

Can't wait to hear more, loved the first, and always thought there was places to go with a sequel.

Please fix the title, Liman, I want this film to make money.

How long till Liman drops out from this film.

How long till Liman drops out from this film.

He wont. Cruise and Liman are together in this. If Liman is gone, Cruise is gone also. And without Cruise you dont have a movie.

The sequel picks up right after the first one.

http://www.mtv.com/news/podcasts/happy-sad-confused/alexandra-daddario-doug-liman/

I see this as a two-movie franchise; there’s the completion of the story we set up in the first movie and the relationships between Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt – because, remember, at the end of the first movie, she doesn’t know who he is – and that’s gonna launch us into an amazing new direction. It does pick up right where we left off, but it doesn’t keep going forward because we’d screw with time, because the aliens screwed with time.

The original was probably the best thing Cruise has done in recent years but I did kind of feel even then it had that the same problem as most of his blockbusters with a bit too much of the edge taken off of it. If it had stuck more to the groundhog day concept and had Cruise stay an ******* for longer and redeem himself in the climax rather than just go for standard action I think it could have been great.

That does kind of make me wonder how a sequel might work as well unless it goes back in time again, if Cruise doesn't start out as a scumbag then I don't see too much drama there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"