Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Elizabeth Henstridge is Jemma Simmons

I also find him annoying whereas Jemma is cute. I hope she sticks around and that Whedon doesn't decide that, at all costs, he must foist Fitz onto people even if they prefer other characters.

She and Fitz were both really funny, and they played off each other well. What kind of accent was she using, Australian or something? Those two have "future couple" written all over them.

She doesn't have an Australian accent. It's a pure upper class British accent. She sounds very similar to a lot of people I know.

I sometimes have trouble telling accents apart, sorry.

I really hope that isn't the stock 'cutie' Whedon character. You know the one. Willow, Fred, Kaylee. The one character that everyone loves and is always put in peril. I don't think Dollhouse really had one so hopefully this one won't either.

That's Mary Sue Skye. :wall:

She is the best looking woman on this show.

No, that would be the actress who plays Agent May.

Henstridge may be more conventionally pretty, but Wen definitely has more charisma.

I didn't say anything about charisma, :p but yeah Ming-na is looking really good. Can't believe she is 50

No, her playing a nerd makes her even more attractive. Its the same think with Felicity on Arrow. Nerd girls are attractive, and so are badass tough girls like May.

Loved this girl in Fzzt. Hope she gets more showcase episodes soon.

I've seen some interviews with Elizabeth Henstridge where she is talking in her normal accent and it's so much better then the one she uses on the show..

I don't have a problem with her accent or the special language that Fitz and her have. I like their geeky technobable.

I don't have a problem with her accent on the show but her real one is better...

I think her accent on the show sounds like she's trying to affect more of a posh accent whereas she has a Sheffield accent in real life which sounds more natural. The one she puts on during the show sounds a little stiff, although you do hear her slip on a few words, especially in the last episode where she actually had to speak more.

I watched a video of one of her interviews and she also seems more natural in real life. She should play herself in the show not play this caricature. Her real self is more endearing then this scientist who is trying to be cute/ nerdy etc but doesn't quite come across as a real person.

She was great in last episode! Glad her character finally got some decent development.

It would be great, if alien virus would have some effect even after vaccine antiserum, giving her an ability to control those electromagnetic powers - I know it is a series about ordinary people living in world of superheroes, but so far we have a pair of master spies, whatever-Coulson-is-now and Skye being watched by SHIELD since her birth for some reason. Even Fitz has his tech, so give our Hermione some powers :)

There has to be a heaver reason why she would leave SHIELD when Fitz is getting back on his feet...literally ....guess well find out within the coming episodes

Henstridge may be more conventionally pretty, but Wen definitely has more charisma.

The blooper reel on the blu-ray hit a note with me when they all posed like Charlie's Angels and said "Yes Charlie." - These three women are collectively the most exciting trio on network TV in a very long time.

Anyway, anyone think that Simmons may be off trying to find a cure for Fitz? She was researching Skye's blood when all the Hydra stuff hit. It would be quite a plot twist if she wound up working with Raina or behind the scenes to do whatever it takes to make Fitz whole again.

The blooper reel on the blu-ray hit a note with me when they all posed like Charlie's Angels and said "Yes Charlie." - These three women are collectively the most exciting trio on network TV in a very long time.

Anyway, anyone think that Simmons may be off trying to find a cure for Fitz? She was researching Skye's blood when all the Hydra stuff hit. It would be quite a plot twist if she wound up working with Raina or behind the scenes to do whatever it takes to make Fitz whole again.

Excellent points. There are so many possibilities that can happen with the Jemma Simmons character. Hopefully, we'll find out more, for one thing, concretely if she has romantic feelings towards either Triplett or Fitz. Also, I wonder if or when the "real" Simmons sees Fitz, if he'll see two of them or realize he's been hallucinating all this time.

It's funny on second viewing to notice how Fitz makes a point of telling Simmons not to touch anything. It happens early on in their first scene, then again, near the end. I missed the significance of that the first time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"