Falcon and Winter Soldier EMILY VANCAMP is BACK! Agent 13 aka Sharon Carter!

giphy.gif

"Thanks for bailing me out of The Resident!"

Even aside form that she's a niece, not a daughter, no, because Steve didn't marry "her" Peggy. He married the Peggy in an alternate timeline, one that does not lead to the "main" MCU present.

Did he though? If he was in an alternate history then he shouldn't have been able to end up in the main verse again.

You mean aside from the time travel suit that he was wearing when he left, and which we already saw were more than capable of making unassisted jumps?

Sure if he used the suit to make it back to the Prime-verse but they didnt make it seem that way.

Sure if he used the suit to make it back to the Prime-verse but they didnt make it seem that way.

Okay, you have two options. You can believe that Steve actually went back to the past of this time line and lived out his life to the present. This requires deciding that the movie spent a good chunk of its running time lying about the mechanics of time travel, despite those literally being the main centerpiece of the drama of the film. This also requires the complete implausible character assassination of Steve Rogers, what with him having both a heroic inclination and a relatively vast knowledge of future events, and yet doing absolutely nothing for 70 years.

Or, you can believe that Steve went back into an alternate timeline, lived his life there, then returned. This requires. . . the abilities of the time suit that we know it can actually do, because they middle act hinged on doing just that. All one needs assume is that Steve chose to leap back to a point other than the platform, change clothes, and arrive on foot to the rendezvous site with Sam and Bucky. Which is fairly trivial to justify.

Okay, you have two options. You can believe that Steve actually went back to the past of this time line and lived out his life to the present. This requires deciding that the movie spent a good chunk of its running time lying about the mechanics of time travel, despite those literally being the main centerpiece of the drama of the film. This also requires the complete implausible character assassination of Steve Rogers, what with him having both a heroic inclination and a relatively vast knowledge of future events, and yet doing absolutely nothing for 70 years.

Or, you can believe that Steve went back into an alternate timeline, lived his life there, then returned. This requires. . . the abilities of the time suit that we know it can actually do, because they middle act hinged on doing just that. All one needs assume is that Steve chose to leap back to a point other than the platform, change clothes, and arrive on foot to the rendezvous site with Sam and Bucky. Which is fairly trivial to justify.

I'm going with option one. The second option requires Steve going to an alternative timeline - And we don't know if the time suit can jump back and forth among different time lines - hooking up with Not His Peggy and leading a life in Not His Timeline. That doesn't sound like a happy ending to me. And think of all the energy wasted in order to create this new branch! Suggesting that Steve created an entire new and potentially dangerous timeline in order to get that dance in with his best gal sounds like character assassination to me.

My thinking is Steve went back in time, danced with Peggy and led a quite life as her hubby Roger Stephens. This was after getting a firm talking to from a representative of the Time Variance Authority (played by Owen Wilson!) that any "Captain America-ing" could result in disaster for the multiverse. And they would only allow him to stay if he kept on the down low. So Roger worked on local issues - food drives, recycling initiatives, getting speed bumps installed in heavily trafficked areas around school zones. He made a difference, just without all the punching.

Last edited:
I don't think the mechanics of time travel require either Steve Rogers to stay out of things (although I will point out that the Russos have said that Steve's arc was specifically to think about himself and actually retire and live out his life) or to suddenly change to accommodate Steve.

The way time travel works in Endgame is this: There is a multiverse of forking possibilities for every possible action. However, there is one timeline where the actions taken remain exactly the same. It's possible for a Steve Rogers of the past to be in a closed loop where he was always supposed to travel back in time and live to the present. In the past, the Steve Rogers that take differing paths are on those alternate timelines while the Steve Rogers that take the actions that lead to the present path stay in this timeline.

I am glad that the show is bringing her back and fleshing out her back story a bit.

I am glad that the show is bringing her back and fleshing out her back story a bit.
Really sucks how badly she got done in The Winter Soldier and Civil War. Marvel really sent the message there's very little room for multiple female characters (at least 7 years ago).

Though I wonder if there had been a regular film for Cap 3, would she have had a bigger role?

Finally there should be room here for her to get more time in this without 20 other characters to worry about.

Still somewhat sad we had to wait seven years to see this side of Sharon.

But this was the price of people being so enamored with Peggy and making her Steve's one true live.

I don't think the mechanics of time travel require either Steve Rogers to stay out of things (although I will point out that the Russos have said that Steve's arc was specifically to think about himself and actually retire and live out his life) or to suddenly change to accommodate Steve.

The way time travel works in Endgame is this: There is a multiverse of forking possibilities for every possible action. However, there is one timeline where the actions taken remain exactly the same. It's possible for a Steve Rogers of the past to be in a closed loop where he was always supposed to travel back in time and live to the present. In the past, the Steve Rogers that take differing paths are on those alternate timelines while the Steve Rogers that take the actions that lead to the present path stay in this timeline.

That's true about time travel, but the Time Gem can kind of ignore all that too...

That's true about time travel, but the Time Gem can kind of ignore all that too...
Yeah, the time stone seemed to straight up rewind time, which feels somehow less paradox-y to me, but there's no real reason for that.

Yeah, the time stone seemed to straight up rewind time, which feels somehow less paradox-y to me, but there's no real reason for that.

Infinity Stone and not quantum realm/Pym particle physics?

Based on the initial reviews, it sounds like both Sharon and Zemo won't be in the first episode.

This is why that ending for Steve sucks and was stupid. I don't buy this ending for Steve. It's moving backwards for him.

I don't think we're going to know what happened to Steve because it's a controversial ending, a lot of people hated it. I don't think Kevin will want to say what happened because it will bring more hatred towards the end of a film that he is so proud of.
After EVC said she was not on IW and Endgame because people hated the kiss, it seems that Marvel cares about the opinion of the fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"