Empire - The complete article with scans and new stuff

scan0005.jpg

scan0006.jpg

scan0007.jpg

scan0008.jpg

Where's the other half of the pic of the Thing on page 76?

silver surfer looks to good. i am really serious. he looks to good for a fantastic four movie. no offense.

Yes, the woman does all the work once again.......*sighs*.......lol

Same, Weta has done such a great job!!!
it is not just good. it is amazing.
not only does silver sirfer look good. but it tells us something about the marketing.

this is superman. branond routh in the studio with white background. they used the blur from photoshop to make it look like he is flying :o
500x650.jpg

Good to hear there´s gonna be more serious content, bad to hear Chiklis has less screen time... But if Tim think fans "warmed up" to the first movie, I don´t think he could be more wrong... I thought it was harmless fun the first time, but repeat viewing makes it nearly unwatchable...

I'm getting worried about Galactus now...He better be the huge purple guy we all know and love, not some stupid robotic bee hive thing

I'm getting worried about Galactus now...He better be the huge purple guy we all know and love, not some stupid robotic bee hive thing

I don't think we are going to see more than a shadow, no matter which direction they go.....

I am afraid so. I may be reading between the lines here but it doesn't sound like Michael has had a big role in the story, which I imagine can be frustrating if you have to stand around in that costume. Heck, Ben clocked the Surfer in their first meeting and I hope we see some kind of confrontation. I am looking forward to seeing Michael and Julian's scene together though so maybe they will mix it up some more.

I am afraid so. I may be reading between the lines here but it doesn't sound like Michael has had a big role in the story, which I imagine can be frustrating if you have to stand around in that costume. Heck, Ben clocked the Surfer in their first meeting and I hope we see some kind of confrontation. I am looking forward to seeing Michael and Julian's scene together though so maybe they will mix it up some more.

And that totally sucks......I think that makes me more mad than any other thing I've heard so far about this movie.

And that totally sucks......I think that makes me more mad than any other thing I've heard so far about this movie.

I hope it's an overstatement. The Thing is the last member of the FF they should shortchange in a film. Nothing against the other 3 at all, but Ben Grimm has always been the most popular character in the book, since the very beginning.

I hope it's an overstatement. The Thing is the last member of the FF they should shortchange in a film. Nothing against the other 3 at all, but Ben Grimm has always been the most popular character in the book, since the very beginning.

Aggred. The Thing rules in the comics. :woot: More Thing being The Thing, and Ben Grimm is want is needed, not less.

I think the actors may feel alittle more power in their voice as far as this franchise is concerned...I actually got very tired of Chikke giving an excuse everytime Ioan or Jessica made a comment even the least bit negative during the commentary....Unless he thinks Ben should be in every scene.....I don't think its an overstatement at all.....

I think the actors may feel alittle more power in their voice as far as this franchise is concerned...I actually got very tired of Chikke giving an excuse everytime Ioan or Jessica made a comment even the least bit negative during the commentary....Unless he thinks Ben should be in every scene.....I don't think its an overstatement at all.....
I need to watch the first movie all the way through with the commentary.
I know I really didn't like reading that he was griping and sighing "What was I thinking" about taking the role in the first place.
It's not like he's having to suit up for all these scenes he's not in. :huh:

I need to watch the first movie all the way through with the commentary.
I know I really didn't like reading that he was griping and sighing "What was I thinking" about taking the role in the first place.
It's not like he's having to suit up for all these scenes he's not in. :huh:

I'm not about to take away from the hardship he went through by any means....but from what we've read....he did not have to keep the entire suit on between takes this time around....he was able to take it off for the most part....If anyone has the right to whine...he does...lmao.....but yes, he might want to keep that to himself....or at least whine to Story....not in a magazine or interview....

I'm not about to take away from the hardship he went through by any means....but from what we've read....he did not have to keep the entire suit on between takes this time around....he was able to take it off for the most part....If anyone has the right to whine...he does...lmao.....but yes, he might want to keep that to himself....or at least whine to Story....not in a magazine or interview....

I must agree with this.

The first film's dynamic was completely different than this one is turning out to be. FF1's focus was 100% internally focused on the Four themselves. Every conflict and pathos was borne from the inside out. There was very little external conflict exerted against the team, because even Victor was from their "circle". So of course Ben is going to get greater focus, he's the most tragic hero.

Things are different this time. Now, the conflict is external. You've got this god-like being from space serving as herald for an even greater menace. You've got the U.S. Army and politicians involved, Frankie Raye and...well, the world. Not to mention, zipping all over the planet chasing after Norrin. The scope is larger, broader and has more people involved. It's not an intimate story like last time...there are multiple levels of development at play.

So naturally Ben is not going to get that same intimate focus as last time. Chances are, none of them will. There's a bigger fish to fry.

It mainly bugged me because he was so effusive with Stan in the "Making of" piece. About it being his lifelong dream, "If they ever make a movie, I'm gonna play the Thing," and all that. And the guy's been embraced by so many as being perfect for the role.
I'm sure he'd never dealt with anything even approaching that makeup process, so sure, he couldn't have really known what he was getting into...
So I do sympathize. I just don't want to hear it.

(sniff!) :csad: I wanna think he's happy in that suit!!

:oldrazz:

It mainly bugged me because he was so effusive with Stan in the "Making of" piece. About it being his lifelong dream, "If they ever make a movie, I'm gonna play the Thing," and all that. And the guy's been embraced by so many as being perfect for the role.
I'm sure he'd never dealt with anything even approaching that makeup process, so sure, he couldn't have really known what he was getting into...
So I do sympathize. I just don't want to hear it.

(sniff!) :csad: I wanna think he's happy in that suit!!

:oldrazz:

Yeah. Why would Michael say something like that? I'll admit, I was definitely surprised by that. Seems almost like whining..."I want to be the star!" :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"