Endgame Endgame User Review Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Things I was disappointed with. The treatment of Thor. He has become a joke character. The hulk. I'm old fashioned. The hulk should be kicking ass. Not being this half and half character. Working out theories . Be Bruce Banner for that. The action really was nothing to shout about. The battle at the end of the 1st avengers movie was much more satisfying and better. Spiderman/ Peter parker was annoying. And just not that funny. Dont get me wrong. I enjoyed it. And I have only see it once. I am just abit surprised by so much high ratings for this movie. It's a solid 7 for me.

I’ve made my peace with what they’ve done with Thor. In my own perfect world he’d be the beastly, winged-helmet sporting, hammer swinging, “VERILY!” Shouting, Norse badass from the comics but people seem to want this comedic Thor.

But I gotta disagree with you on the action. Cap vs Thanos destroys anything we’ve seen in any of these movies.

Never gave my review:

I loved it! 9.5/10

carry on...
I give it a 9.6!!!!
-.1 for Thor not getting any hits on Thanos,
-.1 for Hulk not getting revenge on Thanos
-.1 for that stupid instant kill nonsense with Spider-Man
-.1 for the numerous dumb jokes in the first two acts.

Last edited:
I give it a 9.6!!!!
-.1 for Thor not getting any hits on Thanos, -.1 for Hulk not getting revenge on Thanos
-.1 for that stupid instant kill nonsense with Spider-Man
-.1 for the numerous dumb jokes in the first two acts.

A lot of the humor worked for me in Endgame. The one joke I would have cut short was the cell phone picture thing at the diner when we first see Prof. Hulk. Also, having him say "dab" was really lame. That's an old thing by now and felt out of place.

A lot of the humor worked for me in Endgame. The one joke I would have cut short was the cell phone picture thing at the diner when we first see Prof. Hulk. Also, having him say "dab" was really lame. That's an old thing by now and felt out of place.
It's old in our timeline...now add 5 years and a tragedy...I would hope dab would have been snapped away. Also the terms "woke" and "shipping". Darn whipper-snappers...

Yeah but it fits into character that Bruce Banner would be behind the times in terms of what’s hip and cool.

I’ve made my peace with what they’ve done with Thor. In my own perfect world he’d be the beastly, winged-helmet sporting, hammer swinging, “VERILY!” Shouting, Norse badass from the comics but people seem to want this comedic Thor.

But I gotta disagree with you on the action. Cap vs Thanos destroys anything we’ve seen in any of these movies.

Agree on the Cap vs Thanos bit. Probably the best 1v1 fight in the MCU.

What makes it above everything else is the fact that Cap has Mjolnir in this fight, allowing for some really cool blows to Thanos. And also that his shield gets shredded as the fight goes - raising the stakes in that way. You know that when Cap's shield gets to pieces, stuff got real.

Also, what follows after that scene, makes these 7-8 min probably the most epic thing ever.

Cap with Mjolnir and his shield made for some awesome combos. It really was a great 1 on 1 fight with Cap looking really impressive. I’m glad Thanos still won though.

There have been quite a few good 1 on 1s against Thanos. Strange and Iron Man from IW (also Hulk getting beaten). Cap and CM from EG. Plus SW dominated him. I would have rather Thanos was more powerful and it took all these efforts together to subdue him at any one time.

Also, Thanos had the power stone, which makes him infinitely stronger than he already is. If he and Hulk could have gone toe-to-toe beforehand, which they could, then Thanos+power stone= Owned Hulk. They've shown a normal person with the power stone KO Red Hulk with one punch in the comics. So, Thanos could easily do better.
Just sayin'.

Ans yeah, Hulk beat down Fenris pretty hard.

The power levels are all over the place.

Thanos with so many stones vs the team on Titan compared Thanos with no stone vs the A team on earth. The 2 Thanos's are barely portrayed differently in terms of power.

Really the writer just decides to warp their strength to fit the story.

Thanos with so many stones vs the team on Titan compared Thanos with no stone vs the A team on earth. The 2 Thanos's are barely portrayed differently in terms of power.

Thanos on Titan used the varying stones to one degree or another. He didn't need to brawl it out as much as Thanos did in the end battle of AEG. Thanos on Titan with five of the stones was literally throwing moons at opponents.

What are you talking about?

IW Thanos with the Stones was almost untouchable. He beat Hulk (without the Stones, but because of extensive hand-to-hand combat skills).

He beat the Guardians, Spidey, Iron Man and Strange on Titan (he outsmarted Strange in all of his magic tricks, literally threw a moon at Stark and shredded his suit in the 1v1 fight).

He went through every single one Avenger in Wakanda with ease - only SW managed to slow him down for a bit, but then she got knocked out as well.

EG Thanos - he is similar to the beginning of IW Thanos (still excellent hand-to-hand combat skills), but if you noticed, without the Stones he isn't untouchable anymore. Several heroes have a chance at him on 1v1 now. Cap doesn't get knocked out like in IW, because he both is fresh before the start of the battle AND has Mjolnir at his side.

CM almost manages to defeat him, before he uses the Power Stone to knock her out. Angry SW also is more powerful now (due to her grief for Vision) and almost kills him).

So to sum up IW vs EG Thanos - he is clearly more powerful with the Stones in IW, but nowhere is it implied that he isn't formidabble without them (as shown in the Hulk battle on the ship). However, he is clearly more exposed to 1v1 fights in EG. He still is 4 years younger than in IW, in his prime and also armored, which makes him seem on the same level as in the Titan battle.

Thanos on Titan used the varying stones to one degree or another. He didn't need to brawl it out as much as Thanos did in the end battle of AEG. Thanos on Titan with five of the stones was literally throwing moons at opponents.

He beats hulk and thor to a pulp at the beginning of IW without using the stone, then he has to brawl it out with Cap with a shield and a hammer? Did he waste his strength fighting off fat thor and iron man?

Just the sligh inconsistency.

On titan, he was using the stone ineffectively i might add (granted a stone to crush the moon and another to deflect the mirrr dimension) but at the end with Tony, it felt it takes him longer with Tony than it does in endgame.

Rewatched this yesterday with my family. For me, it does not hold up as much as some of the other MCU entries upon second viewing. Still enjoyable, though. Some general thoughts:

1. Five years passed and very little clean up has happened? Professional sports teams aren't playing? Stadiums are falling apart? Really? We just all sort of collectively decided to give up?

2. I thought fat Thor was more annoying than funny the second time around. And, really, much of the humor was strained. There were a couple that held up for me ("I can do this all day," for example) but a lot of it seemed forced or, worse, ill-timed. Professor Hulk was also a mixed bag for me. Peter David's smart Hulk had an edge this presentation lacked.

4. It is past time for Hollywood to stop having heroes remove their masks all the time. They were doing it when the fighting was at its height in this film. Ridiculous. Also, the whole girl power moment at the end of the film was just demeaning.

5. Paul Rudd is absolute gold. The scenes he was in shined for me.

6. On second viewing, it became clear to me Rogers and Bucky had probably talked before Cap gave the shield to Sam. Scene worked better the second time around for me.

7. I think the writer's needed to make up their collective minds how powerful Thanos really was. Seemed like his power levels were mostly based on how they needed to move the story along. That said, I don't agree with those who have said Thanos was not as well-presented a villain in this movie as he was in the last. He was still one of the strengths of the film.

Anyway, just two cents. As with all things, individual mileage will vary.

He beats hulk and thor to a pulp at the beginning of IW without using the stone, then he has to brawl it out with Cap with a shield and a hammer? Did he waste his strength fighting off fat thor and iron man?

Just the sligh inconsistency.

On titan, he was using the stone ineffectively i might add (granted a stone to crush the moon and another to deflect the mirrr dimension) but at the end with Tony, it felt it takes him longer with Tony than it does in endgame.

When Cap has Mjonir he is in possession of "The power of Thor" so that includes strength, durability and weather powers. Notice how easily Thanos flicks away Cap's attack when the fight starts and then notice how more effective his hits are after he lifts the hammer. And people seem to let how awesome the 1 minute 30 seconds of Cap attacking Thanos and staggering him for a bit overshadow that the very next moment Thanos beats him like a government mule, breaks the shield and nearly cripples/kills him showing that Steve even using Mjolnir has no chance. No inconsistency.

And whether you think he used the stones well or not is immaterial. He had them, he used them, he didn't have to brawl. He could neutralize all kinds of attacks and yeah, fling the surface of a moon at the heroes.

Rewatched this yesterday with my family. For me, it does not hold up as much as some of the other MCU entries upon second viewing. Still enjoyable, though. Some general thoughts:

1. Five years passed and very little clean up has happened? Professional sports teams aren't playing? Stadiums are falling apart? Really? We just all sort of collectively decided to give up?

2. I thought fat Thor was more annoying than funny the second time around. And, really, much of the humor was strained. There were a couple that held up for me ("I can do this all day," for example) but a lot of it seemed forced or, worse, ill-timed. Professor Hulk was also a mixed bag for me. Peter David's smart Hulk had an edge this presentation lacked.

4. It is past time for Hollywood to stop having heroes remove their masks all the time. They were doing it when the fighting was at its height in this film. Ridiculous. Also, the whole girl power moment at the end of the film was just demeaning.

5. Paul Rudd is absolute gold. The scenes he was in shined for me.

6. On second viewing, it became clear to me Rogers and Bucky had probably talked before Cap gave the shield to Sam. Scene worked better the second time around for me.

7. I think the writer's needed to make up their collective minds how powerful Thanos really was. Seemed like his power levels were mostly based on how they needed to move the story along. That said, I don't agree with those who have said Thanos was not as well-presented a villain in this movie as he was in the last. He was still one of the strengths of the film.

Anyway, just two cents. As with all things, individual mileage will vary.

Five years to recover from a near literal apocalypse and... You expect everything to be hunky, same as it ever was by then? They'd be lucky to recover at all considering the actual widespread, near universal chaotic disruption to the entirety of human civilization that would happen with such an event, which would affect economics, politics both international and domestic, food, energy... EVERYTHING. But... You think that the Mets would be one of the few organizations that would survive unscathed enough to be fine and dandy five years later?

OK.

And also...

Definition of DEMEAN

the definition of demeaning

No has to like something... But for Zod's sake, can't we stop with the silly nonsense in how we express ourselves?

Answer... No. Of course not. That would require not being led around by our emotions, unearned resentments and knee jerk reactions. We can't have that.

I'd ask how that moment "demeaned" anyone in anyway but at this point I'm sure it will be more obtuse silliness to throw onto the pile. I just wanted the reading public to be aware of how language doesn't seem to matter at all when fans talk about this stuff, because using the term "demeaning" to describe that shot isn't bending the word and it's definition, it's breaking it into tiny pieces. It's almost as if someone willfully wants it to be something it's not to justify their antipathy.

What are you talking about?

IW Thanos with the Stones was almost untouchable. He beat Hulk (without the Stones, but because of extensive hand-to-hand combat skills).

He beat the Guardians, Spidey, Iron Man and Strange on Titan (he outsmarted Strange in all of his magic tricks, literally threw a moon at Stark and shredded his suit in the 1v1 fight).

He went through every single one Avenger in Wakanda with ease - only SW managed to slow him down for a bit, but then she got knocked out as well.

EG Thanos - he is similar to the beginning of IW Thanos (still excellent hand-to-hand combat skills), but if you noticed, without the Stones he isn't untouchable anymore. Several heroes have a chance at him on 1v1 now. Cap doesn't get knocked out like in IW, because he both is fresh before the start of the battle AND has Mjolnir at his side.

CM almost manages to defeat him, before he uses the Power Stone to knock her out. Angry SW also is more powerful now (due to her grief for Vision) and almost kills him).

So to sum up IW vs EG Thanos - he is clearly more powerful with the Stones in IW, but nowhere is it implied that he isn't formidabble without them (as shown in the Hulk battle on the ship). However, he is clearly more exposed to 1v1 fights in EG. He still is 4 years younger than in IW, in his prime and also armored, which makes him seem on the same level as in the Titan battle.

Yeah, basically this.

No inconsistency.

And whether you think he used the stones well or not is immaterial. He had them, he used them, he didn't have to brawl. He could neutralize all kinds of attacks and yeah, fling the surface of a moon at the heroes.

He broke no sweat with Thor, self-awareness Thor. Then he crushed Thor with the big hammer.

He brushed off Hulk's punches, making it feel like a spar match. Cap with Thor's hammer should possess just Thor's power, and granted he is creative with the way he uses his weapons, but he pushes back Thanos plenty. I know he got crushed eventually, but to show an impressive fight, you see how Cap could blast thunder blowing Thanos away, or stood under the weight of Thanos hammering on his shield. But the shield was breaking, that means it could not withstand or vibrate away the force. Cap should have gotten crushed. Instead, Thanos had to swipe him away.

And whether he uses the stone or not, is not immaterial, because people will use the stones to say he was untouchable in IW. But he does really always use the stones. And we don't know whether the stones need activation, but there are more evidences that if he does not activate, the stones stay domain. That was the point of Titan, everyone tries to negate his right hand's movement.

Thanos vs Hulk was pure brawl.

I also definitely would've cut Rocket yelling "BOOM" right after they assembled the gauntlet. They opened the shot by showing Natasha's soul stone in focus and Tony carefully guiding it into place, but Rocket just ruins the gravity of the moment.

So I thought this was fantastic - kind of like TV writing adapted to cinema. It's a perfect story and I root for the characters, Iron Man definitely peaked. I'm confused about how Marvel uses the multiverse concept (but who cares as far as a great movie goes). If there is a multiverse - then didn't Thanos win if the Avengers only won in 1 of the 14000504 universes? I ended up recording a podcast about this, but in retrospect I wonder if I've misunderstood Marvel's concept of the multiverse (see episode 4 of 'my quantum computer wrote a podcast' on iTunes if you want my full confusion). Did Thanos' loss ripple out through the multiverse?

Bottom line is - this film has created something entirely new for me in cinema: a coherent story arc across so many quality movies. It is as much a breakthrough in cinematic narrative creation as Jurassic Park was in CGI creation.

I really loved this film. It’s a ending and a beginning at the same time.

Although I think most of the world has seen the movie, I'll just tag this response:

Just my 2 cents, but have to agree with KRYPTON, INC. Steve Rogers worthy of Mjolnir was epic, with the power of Thor he shows how much of a badass he can be and gets some jawdropping combos and hits in. Steve really shows how he's a smart and inventive fighter; I want to see a full movie with Captain America + Mjolnir.

But then Thanos gets angry, goes GOAT and simply overpowers and outclasses our hero. Cap getting beat down like that is a call out to the comic; he shield is basically destroyed (in the comic Thanos literally shatters it with a hammer blow) and just like the comic, plucky Rogers is the last man standing. The scene is obviously a call out to Rogers' heart and his refusal to quit even with all the chips down. It makes the portal scene so much more poignant.

I didn't see any inconsistency at all, quite the opposite. Markus and McFeely strongly hinted that even if Starlord did *NOT* go stupid mode and wake Thanos (on Titan), that the assembled teams would be "sorely disappointed to find out how powerful Thanos was, gauntlet or not". I can understand Hulk fans feeling left out because there was no rematch, but there was no need. Thanos kicked Hulk's ass in IW, it was an easy first round knockout and had already established that Thanos is simply in his own tier. Professor Hulk would have had to do what Banner did to defeat Cull Obsidian in IW: win smart/lucky. Besides, Hulk has an enormous feat in EG: he brings back half the universe and lives. That's some mic drop power if you ask me.

To me, EG establishes that, yes, every "powerful" Avenger vs Thanos (no Black Order/Outriders/massive army)? Avengers win. Thanos vs 1, 2 or even 3 (with the exception of Captain Marvel/SW)? Thanos. I don't think it diminishes the character of Thor at all, btw. Simply surviving Thanos is a feat. Thor/Cap were almost able to pull off a 2v1 decapitation via Stormbreaker but the Titan was too much.

Also, yes there was a callout at the beginning of the movie how the surviving Avengers were scrambling because the world wasn't functioning... how could it? The world would be a literal and figurative trainwreck, 5 years on. My concern would be once the euphoria of everyone coming back fades... how do we make this work again?

As for the A-force/girl power scene... I support a person's right to an opinion, even if I don't agree with it, and therefore feel free to dislike that scene but... I don't know who that scene would demean? Women? Men? Thanos and the Outriders?

Last edited:
So Endgame has 4 parts for me. I’ll be reviewing each part

Part 1

This covers the Movie’s beginning to when Antman reunites with Cap and Black Widow.

This part was excellently done. You really feel the effects of the Decimation fallout. The Despair and lack of Hope. The scene where Tony says ‘’I lost the Kid’’. Heartbreaking

I also loved the Argument scene with Cap and Steve as it had awesome call backs to Age of Ultron which I feel is an underrated movie.

Also shout out to Antman and Black Widow performance in this part. Seeing Widows Tears and Antman frantically searching for his family really drove home the loss and I really appreciate it.

Excellently done

Part 2

This starts from when Antman suggests Timetravel and ends with all the Avengers assembled at HQ to try it out.

This was for me the most boring part of the movie. It was too long, badly paced and sorely, sorely need an Action boost as it Lacked Tension.

We needed some Villain or threat present in this part.

When you see people complain about the movies slow start they are actually referring to this part.

This part is why my Endgame score isn’t 10/10 but 7/10

Part 3

This showcases the Avengers Prepping, Testing and planning and of course executing the Time heist.

This part was Da Bomb.

Absolutely Loved it. Everything about it was excellent and was my Favorite part of the movie.

My only criticisms would be Pathetic Thor and Unclear Time travel explanations

Part 4:

The Grand Third Act Finale.

You what this is glorious. MCU Armageddon.22 movies building up to this.

It was beautiful, Awesome and emotionally satisfying for me largely

That being said I did not like the inconsistent power-levels you see in this part.

And I also was mixed on the conclusion of Hulks, Cap and Thor’s arc(More on this later)

Criticisms

-Like I said Part 2 was just too boring for me. It really needed a Villain. This was my biggest gripe

-The handling of the Hulk in this movie is just too unsatisfying.Its bad enough we didn’t get Hulk Infinity war.They then went the additional step of resolving his hulk issues OFFSCREEN in endgame.He serves as an exposition tool throughout the movie.

Whats worse is that Smart Hulk isn’t a merge of Hulk and Banner,Its actually Banner in Hulk clothing.Hulks personality is dead. All the beautiful work of Thor Ragnarok gone to waste!

In retrospect they should have had Banner become Smart Hulk in Infinity war and then in Endgame give him a butt load of action in boring part 2 section.

-Thor was a mixed bag for me.I feel his depression was played too much for laughs and that the ending of this arc was an INSULT.Thors entire arc in the movies had been leading to him being a worthy king.He ultimately FAILS at this,gives up and decides to go to Space. Why exactly?

-The Time Travel rules were confusing to me in the movie and took me out a few times. The Exposition scenes could have been clearer.

-Juding by the fact the Russos and Writers cant agree on Old man Cap, Im going to write it off as a Plothole.They disobeyed ther own rules

-Movie just didn’t feel as tight as Infinity War.

Saw it again the other day, very satisfying. Its hard to stick the landing these days with internet nitpicking everything so the fact this movie is mostly well received is a feat.

Not my favorite mcu movie and the middle section was weaker although never boring but still great all the same. 9/10

2855._SX270_QL80_TTD_.jpg
The Marvel Cinematic Universe truly has done the unthinkable in how they crafted this world around these three individuals who are the core.

Captain America, Iron Man and Thor, looking back at their individual trilogies the groundwork of the interconnectivity between Steve, Tony and Stark is actually the driving force. And it's interesting that before Tony does the ultimate sacrifice in Endgame its Thor and Cap that are right their making one final attempt against Thanos. It shows the importance of The Big three.

I think it will be somewhat of a challenge for the new Avengers team because essentially these three characters are irreplaceable. Sure their can be another to take the mantel of Captain America with Sam, and a new Iron Armored Avenger, and maybe an all new God Of Thunder. However it won't be the same, quality of Steve Rogers leadership is unmatched, Tony's brilliance and Thor's might.

Hats off to Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr and Chris Hemsworth for their Sensational contributions to these characters over the course of the eleven years.

Best individual films from their trilogies
1. Captain America : The Winter Soldier
2. Iron Man
3. Thor: Ragnarok

1. Avengers Endgame
2. Avengers Infinity War
3. The Avengers
4. Avengers Age Of Ultron

@KRYPTON INC. You deserve your fathers death :)
Hey, everybody... Look... Come look....

A pathetic psychopath.

Mods... Do your duty. But... Let's make this a learning moment. Keep this post of mine around. Keep it as a monument to how silly and yet how absolutely borderline someone this pathetic is as an example to the masses. It should stand as something to for this person to be able to come back to and see and on the off chance that they brag about this to the real people in their life (If such a thing were possible because let's face it... The probability of this person being able to maintain cogent relationships is likely on the low side) they can see how sad and unstable this sociopath in the making is.

Just a suggestion mods.

Oh and PS Mr. Inevitable, or Kevin Smith or JewishHobbit or whichever silly SOB you were or are... Uh... This is why you get banned. Because you are at heart immature, and silly, and should be laughed at. You think you can hurt me like this? You're mistaking me for some thin skinned fragile teenager, which is just you projecting your issues onto someone else. If you can't take not being allowed to post about super heroes on an online forum, Jesus Tap Dancing Christ is real life going to be a ****ing tragedy for you. You have my sympathy... Scratch that... The people that are going to have to deal with you have my sympathy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"