Endgame Endgame vs Infinity War

I was saying IW was better hours after seeing Endgame but as days go on Endgame has the potential to beat it out in the long run... MAYBE. I think IW is more entertaining, but the emotional fulfillment/torment is what makes Endgame special.

I was saying IW was better hours after seeing Endgame but as days go on Endgame has the potential to beat it out in the long run... MAYBE. I think IW is more entertaining, but the emotional fulfillment/torment is what makes Endgame special.
I kinda feel the same. Endgame takes more time to digest and isn't as immediately fulfilling as Infinity War.
Infinity War gave us the movie we wanted but Endgame gave the characters the ending they deserved...

Very tough to choose for me. They just seem like different movies. I watched Infinity War without knowing how the characters would win -- which made the film very exciting for me. It is also quite a fast paced film.

This movie extends that feeling of uncertainty with its first act. Especially when Thor
kills Thanos at the beginning of the movie
I really did not know how the heroes would get out of their situation, and that's what got me invested.

Endgame's second act is the only thing that MIGHT push IW ahead of it for me. The concept of the heroes
going back in time, confronting themselves and some past supporting characters
is an idea that I have ALWAYS disliked. Even when I was a kid and they'd have cartoon episode storylines centred on time travel, I always found that element to be lazy writing. BUT the Russos are quite smart -- they did not recycle familiar scenes but decided to (for the most part) create new ones.

I think IW might have been the more fulfilling experience for me, because of Endgame's weaker second act.

Going to let Endgame settle a bit and watch it a few more times before voting. I've watched Infinity War so many times that I'm a bit burnt out on it to where I don't want to vote for Endgame just yet since I'm still on that excitement high. I do agree that overall IW is the better film as far as story structure though.

I want to see Endgame again, but I am inclined to say Endgame. Both movies have pros and cons, but Endgame has better overall character development and the most epic finale in any superhero movie ever. Endgame also felt more like a complete movie.

But that said, I love both of these movies!!!

IW definitely had the tighter story. I think these 2 films paralleled a lot of what TDK and TDKR ended up as. Both IW and TDK started from a status quo the led to major world changing consequences as part of it's intended endgame for that installment. It was meant to shock viewers at how things are so different by the end of the movie, and how high the stakes are regarding our hero, even though we know in the next one things will be fixed. They both had a deeper message on society and the villain's philosophies and how they go against the heroes' philosophies. Both movies ended up with the audience actually rooting for the villains once it's all said and done, because the audience more or less were intrigued by their philosophies and worldview, because it made sense on the surface level. Both movies also ended with the villain winning more or less.

Now because of how shocking and world changing the ends to the previous installments were, and because the previous installments had no constraints in keeping the status quo, since that's been pushed to the enxt film, EG and TDKR both suffered from the responsibility of having the fix everything that the previous movie effed up. That type of limitation don't usually result in smooth story telling at all, especially in the case of EG, since the clusterfork left behind by IW is almost writing yourself into a corner lol. But considering the circumstances, both films turned out pretty well apart from some inconsistencies and hiccups here and there.

Thanos is like a complete different character in endgame and lost everything that actually made me respect him in IW.
You shouldn't have respected him in the first place. I'm delighted at how evil Thanos was in Endgame mostly because it puts to bed the political debates Infinity War provoked about the character.

The guy was a blood thirsty head case. Simple as and I'm glad Endgame stressed that.

Both are great but Endgame man.. It's got so much depth. We rarely see the nuances and softer side of these characters. It's a cross between Spider-Man 2's Raimi character study and the spectacle and escapism of IW which are 2 of my faves, rolled into one.
Russos could've easily double down and gave us more of the same of IW which is the easy, but also fallible in many cases in Hollywood, but gave us something refreshingly unique and impactful cannot be underappreciated.

I'm not obsessive over Cap, Iron Man, or Thor like the rest of you so their fates didn't bother me.

EG had way better acting imo and the movie was alot cooler. But I'll be watching this as one film going forward.

Hard for me to pick. I liked IW for the Strange - Stark team up, but RDJ's acting in Endgame, probably the best we've seen in a Superhero film from the protagonist.

Endgame by a mile for me. Loved IW but EG just felt like a complete movie.

Infinity War, easily for me.

Much tighter, better storytelling. Amazingly well constructed villain, with completely understandable motives. The pacing is better, as are the action sequences. And while it technically ends on a cliffhanger, it also stands as a fully realised stand alone story... provided you see Thanos as the protagonist. Endgame hits the feels harder, and acts as the excellent sum up to the whole thing... but Infinity War is the better movie, when you look at the two as self contained movies.

Endgame is a total fan service crowd pleaser. It's just chock full of moments that make people get out of their seats and cheer or tug at the heart. I already know about 10 or 12 moments that I will be watching multiple times when its released on blu-ray. Its over the top, its garish, its borderline ridiculous and I love it.

IW is a more cohesive story with clearly defined storylines and character arcs.

I myself prefer Endgame, I think Infinity War has tighter writing, but it's rather predictable (Thanos wanting to wipe out half the universe? And the two movies were initially titled Part 1 and 2? So you immediately knew that this was a typical MCU movie split in half and the bad guy will seemingly win in the second arc). I also don't like some aspect of Infinity War (e.g. the glamorized relationship between Thanos and Gamora). Going into Endgame I didn't know how it would end
how the eventual timeline, or the fate of every characters, is affected if at all
. The ending is a bit fan-service happy-ending-ish, but writing a satisfying ending for these characters is a difficult task and for me the two writers can be excused for that.

I need to see Endgame again and let it sit for a while, but as of right now I'd have to say Infinity War. It's a cleaner and more focused story, which is insane to say because it's only marginally smaller than Endgame. EG is a great, cumulative conclusion but it suffers a bit almost necessarily with juggling all of its storythreads.

This was the reverse Kill Bill almost... ALMOST. Similar to that duology, the second one felt more character and dialog driven... If you cut out that third act AEG would be the KBvol.2... Except that third act actually makes AEG even more action packed and satisfying than IW's KBvol.1.

I prefer IW over Endgame by far.

I enjoyed many parts of Endgame, but some of the narrative decisions made were a bit puzzling.

Like Avengers 1 & 2, IW and EG are separate films, but unlike them, they are ONE story and that's how I see them. They are both equally awesome chapters in one awesome book, and I will be watching both back to back seamlessly for the rest of my days!

You can’t compare the two. I would say Endgame is more satisfying but that’s only because of what happened in IW. I like them both equally.

I gotta give it to RG - it was both a perfect conclusion to the Infinity Saga and a perfect film overall.

That being said, IW is also pretty much perfect.

It's hard to vote, but I give the edge to EG.

Last edited:
Thread already exists. Merged

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"