Arrow Episode 14:The Odyssey- Rate & Review Thread

One of my favourite epsiodes so far. Manu was a Badass slade wilson.

Shado? Didn't even think of that one. Good call.

I give the episode a perfect 10. Seriously, flawless episode. No complaints. Manu Bennett is incredible. I always said the island flashbacks were the show's strong points.

Last edited:
I thought that was a great episode. Manu Bennett rocks! He plays a grerat Slade Wilson. His fight scenes were great. The Wintergreen Deathstroke twist was interesting, I didn't even think they'd use Wintergreen.

This was probably the best episode of the show so far. I didn't expect to see Shado show up. Did anyone else notice when the camera zoomed up on her face that she didn't seem worried, like maybe she was working with Fyers' group or was that just me? I was thinking that maybe all his mercs have that tattoo, so maybe Ollie ends up joining them after something happens?

Felicity, and Diggle's scenes were real good, and they seem to have a great chemistry. Actually I think Ollie, and those two all have a real good chemistry with eachother.

Great episode. Felicity is pretty hot.:hrt:.

Friggin Manu Bennett was amazing. The whole episode omg....Slade training Ollie that was sick. This was the best episode of the season by far, and won't be topped

I had no idea this show could reach the level it did yesterday.

I honestly think this is the best episode so far, and all the scenes on the island looked more like a movie than a tv show. Just great.
However, I never noticed before that Ollie wears leather pants, which looks awful. I can't imagine why you would choose to wear something like that when you're jumping between buildings and stuff.

I'm still impressed with this show's narrative momentum. Having Oliver confront his mother now, and establishing that she will be in his blind spot as Arrow while maintaining her more mama bear features with his civilian identity nicely establishes emotional stakes for the inevitable reveal of the Undertaking.

Most of the real action this week was in the flashback, where we were again graced with the charisma and intensity of Manu Bennett as Slade Wilson. This guy has the cynicism and trust issues that you can easily see morphing into the apathy and lone wolf personality of Deathstroke the Terminator. It's pretty clear that Slade's execution of Wintergreen (not gonna lie, at first I thought they meant Walsh, the second Ravager, but giving Wintergreen an on screen final fight is much better than the off-panel beheading he got in the comics) had little to do with his former friend's betrayal of Australia and everything to do with the personal nature of being stabbed in the back by a friend, with a side of his loyalty towards Oliver.

And let's face it, this episode was really more of a fusion of Deathstroke Begins with Green Arrow: Origins. Bennett was Amell's co-star for this episode, not a supporting character. Oliver had his climax with going back to save his rescuer, but Slade had the more impressive duel with Wintergreen for his own climax. He had just as much dialogue in the flashback as Oliver, and Bennett's commanding presence dominated this episode.

One can only hope we get to see a fully transformed Deathstroke in the modern day stories, though it is kind of sad just how much more comic book stuff gets a better treatment on the island than in the modern setting.

Anyone care to explain the joke Ollie said about "I'm stuck on this island and my only friend is named Wilson."?I'm sure it's some pop culture reference,but that's not my strong suit.:woot:

Cast Away - Tom Hanks only friend on the island was a volleyball he named Wilson.

Well, this episode certainly starts off by poppin some awesome bottles!

Cast Away - Tom Hanks only friend on the island was a volleyball he named Wilson.

Which is what makes the joke on the show so hilarious. :woot:

Just watched the episode...easily my favorite of the series so far. In general, I really didn't think I was going to like this show when it was announced, but I am happy to be wrong...I am thoroughly enjoying it!

Great episode, I loved the structure of crossing the fantastic Ollie and Slade training and mission flashbacks with Diggle and Felicity getting to know each other, leading to her joining the team, even if she claims it's only until Walter is found.

The Slade vs Wintergreen was badass, in fact anytime Slade was in action was badass.

Didn't they announce Smoak would have a larger role in season 2 very recently? I had to roll my eyes when she said she'd be gone after they found Walter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"