Arrow Arrow Season 2 Episode 19: "The Man Under The Hood" Rate and Review Thread

Even though Lance was saying he didn't know and didn't want to know, the way he stopped Laurel (in a room that likely has a camera in it!) tells me he knows all too well who the Arrow is and he didn't want Laurel to get in trouble with her bosses. Then she turns around and blackmails the DA into letting Quentin go... hmm....

Anyone else notice Laurel's outfit is decidedly 'Casual Canary'-like? I'm not saying that as a dig on the character, for once. But if the writers think that was a subtle aspect.... they need to go back to writing school.

I'll be honest: sometimes I know what chemistry looks like, but in all honesty, I never was one to care about chemistry. Story is what matters to me. Sadly, Oliver could end up with either Lance girl or Felicity and as long as the story made sense, the chemistry or lack there of would have little to do with my enjoyment of whatever pairing.

Anyone else wonder why no one has taken Oliver's motorcycle license away yet? :hehe:

Also, Oliver knows Slade is around, he should just carry that poison he used on him last episode on him at all times.

Also, I believe the strain of his body healing itself from the blood loss
leads to his upcoming rampage

Also, I really liked when Vibe shot Slade, and when Slade got up he looked around like he didn't know what hit him.

Also, I know I said also a lot in this post. :oldrazz:

My exhaustion with Laurel is just getting exhausting. It's just the way she's portrayed.
Today I feel like they're taking the Lois route, she's suddenly in love with him again as she sees Ollie as his Arrow avatar. She's going to fall in love with him all over again. That hug had almost no chemistry.

PS. I know I sound like an idiot when I say that but it's simply my opinion. I love her character as a whole but her actions with Oliver don't have that chemistry to me! I know it's progression but they always bring her in at the strangest times, it's just awkward!

The way I see it she's his past and they have so much broken history between them, Tommy and Sara included. She doesn't really know him anymore, now that he's Arrow. Now she knows, she's going to fall in love with him all over again, even if it's for the wrong reasons.

PPS. That would have been too easy of a death for Isabel and we all knew it!

Surprisingly, I didn't get the feeling that she was falling in love with him at all in that scene. I took it as she thought about what he dad said about the vigilante sacrificing so much to protect the city, and saw how much Oliver was actually losing and felt that he could use a friend. I've never been a fan of Laurel, however that last scene (unless I interpreted it wrong) was one of the most rational things she has done all season. She has already shown that now that she is getting her life together she does want to help the people close to her, and trying to comfort him at the end, even though he's indirectly the reason he dad is in jail, was another attempt at helping her (only?) friend.

Just want to say, there is no way they can tease me that Arthur Light is a character in the DC/CW-verse and not introduce Dr. Light at some point.

They better deliver.

Very good episode, love the feel of the action and brutality of the fights.

I like the actress from Friday the 13th, but the actor, the vibe character, whatever it was too lighthearted too many jokes. I guess that's what the flash will be. Felt like agents of Shield, for a second.

He basically admitted he knows

I didn't get that impression at all. There was nothing said or done by the actor that lead me to believe that he was lying. Also, the producers claimed that this episode would answer the question of whether or not Quentin knew Oliver's secret, and since he repeatedly claimed that he was ignorant of the truth...I dunno. I'm going to watch the episode again tomorrow and see if I interpret the scene differently.

I didn't get that impression at all. There was nothing said or done by the actor that lead me to believe that he was lying. Also, the producers claimed that this episode would answer the question of whether or not Quentin knew Oliver's secret, and since he repeatedly claimed that he was ignorant of the truth...I dunno. I'm going to watch the episode again tomorrow and see if I interpret the scene differently.

I took it as he is consciously avoiding figuring it out. But I also think that he subconsciously knows it's Oliver he just doesn't want to admit it to himself

The only thing that bothers me is Laurel's boss the DA is such a pushover. She rolls over far too quickly imo.

Doctor Light reference. :awesome:

Vibe...
BlZZnKtCMAAvc8H.png:large

Unless I'm mistaken, Caitlin Snow brought up the name Arthur Light when they were looking for something to defend themselves against Slade.

Unless I'm mistaken, Caitlin Snow brought up the name Arthur Light when they were looking for something to defend themselves against Slade.

Yup that rapist was mentioned

On another note, I think Arrow is like the only comic book/superhero show that I can think of where so many of the recurring characters have all slept with each other at some point.lol

Robert slept with Moira (obviously), who then slept with Malcom, where later on Robert would sleep with Isabel, who would later sleep with Oliver, who has slept with both Laurel and Sara, before sleeping with Shado and Huntress.lol

Wow!That Slade action was boss!:wow:

I'm really glad they put to rest that Quinton doesn't know.It's bad enough everybody and their brother knows his secret by now.

Laurel was a lot more enjoyable.(Still don't want her to replace Sara.:cmad:) But that "I'm gonna backmail yooooooooou!:atp:" **** is gettin' old quick.

I wonder how Roy will take being back in the Arrow Cave?(according to the promo,not well.)I don't think he wants to be cured Ollie.:woot:

When Digg shot Isabel,it was quite a shock!Would've had a bigger impact if some shmuck didn't already spoil she'd become the female Deathstroke.:argh:

At first I thought Ivo was a plant by Slade,but I guess he was on the level about a cure.I didn't think Sara would end up doing the deed,but I was a little surprised that Ollie went about it as easily as he did.

The Flash characters were....OK.Hard to gauge how that show is gonna be from that brief glimpse.Barry has been in that freakin' coma for 8 months now.It looks like they're already trying to let us down gently that he and Felicity ain't getting together.:csad:

The Thea stuff was as annoying as expected.Way too soapy for my taste,but they handled it as well as can be asked of them.Willa did very good in those scenes.

I'm expecting Roy to be cured by the end of this season.
On another note, I think Arrow is like the only comic book/superhero show that I can think of where so many of the recurring characters have all slept with each other at some point.lol

Robert slept with Moira (obviously), who then slept with Malcom, where later on Robert would sleep with Isabel, who would later sleep with Oliver, who has slept with both Laurel and Sara, before sleeping with Shado and Huntress.lol

Plus Tommy slept with Laurel. It is getting a little too incestuous. Isabel basically pulled a Talia from The Dark Knight Rises on Oliver.

Surprisingly, I didn't get the feeling that she was falling in love with him at all in that scene. I took it as she thought about what he dad said about the vigilante sacrificing so much to protect the city, and saw how much Oliver was actually losing and felt that he could use a friend. I've never been a fan of Laurel, however that last scene (unless I interpreted it wrong) was one of the most rational things she has done all season. She has already shown that now that she is getting her life together she does want to help the people close to her, and trying to comfort him at the end, even though he's indirectly the reason he dad is in jail, was another attempt at helping her (only?) friend.

Yeah, I thought that Laurel's arc was handled well in this episode. I thought her last scene with Oliver was particularly effective too - as much as they've played Oliver off as a guy who gets around, they've done an excellent job in making him a sympathetic character. Every time something happens to him I think, "Damn, guy just can't catch a break, can he?"

Good Episode. Still kept sighing at all the Laurel scenes. She really needs to switch up how she reacts.

Half right. It's a bit before...Caitlin Snow mentioned that they needed to get "Light's inventory done" so then can go home ;)

The only thing that bothers me is Laurel's boss the DA is such a pushover. She rolls over far too quickly imo.

Don't let apperances fool my friend. DA Kate Spencer is a 'manhunter'. She's gets what she wants but I hate she may never evolve into that character like the comics.

Killer Frost's name is Caitlin Snow? If I don't hear "Winter is coming" from her in the Flash show, I will be disappointed.

When Slade grabbed Sara in mid-air I pretty much shouted "hell yeah!". That was so awesome lol!
Really good episode, they are surely building up towards an impressive finale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"