Arrow Arrow Season 2 Episode 19: "The Man Under The Hood" Rate and Review Thread

First off, it's good to be back.

Man! So awesome! Dat slade catch was pure sex, love how smart he his, totally didn't see him using Roy like that, loved Olies trick shot on him.

Vibe guy sucked, Felicity is as cute as ever and Oliver slowing turning into the cold blooded killer on the island is sweet, keep bringing the twists and turns.

9/10

Thea is annoying me AGAIN...like in the 1st season..But she does have a point

Last edited:
Thea was cool last episode. I look forward to seeing where her arc will take her. I'm thinking she'll eventually become Speedy, and I'm totally cool with that, they just need to take their time.

Thea was cool last episode. I look forward to seeing where her arc will take her. I'm thinking she'll eventually become Speedy, and I'm totally cool with that, they just need to take their time.

Yeah, not sure why some people are annoyed with her this episode, I'd be all kinds of confused if she'd taken the ****storm of bad news well. I'm curious about where this storyline is going.

If it helps, he didn't want, intend, try or even think about it. His heat vision was triggered by a member of the Syndicate stabbing him with a tiny piece of Kryptonite in his optic nerve.

I know. It doesn't help. The writers still put Superman in a position where he would have to kill someone for no reason other than shock value. In-universe, it makes a big difference, but in reality, it was still a position he was intentionally placed in.

Yeah, not sure why some people are annoyed with her this episode...

Because they want to be.

The only part about Thea's behavior that I found somewhat iffy was her reaction at the end. Earlier, she had made a big deal about the fact that Robert only loved her because he didn't know that she was Merlyn's daughter. Then, when Oliver shows her proof that Robert loved her to such a degree that he completely overlooked her being the product of an affair between his wife and close friend and accepted her as his daughter, and it makes her even more angry? That part I didn't completely buy. All of the rest, her being angry with Oliver and Moira, I bought.

I know. It doesn't help. The writers still put Superman in a position where he would have to kill someone for no reason other than shock value. In-universe, it makes a big difference, but in reality, it was still a position he was intentionally placed in.

Because they want to be.

It wasn't just for "shock value." Maybe you should actually, you know, read the story before jumping to such conclusions. Just a thought.

Writers coming up with situations is usually how stories work.

But apparently Superman can NEVER be put in any kind of morally ambiguous or complicated position, that's just blasphemy. No matter that, in that particular case, it wasn't his fault (which they make perfectly clear).

Half right. It's a bit before...Caitlin Snow mentioned that they needed to get "Light's inventory done" so then can go home ;)

Full right.

tumblr_n45tinQUiy1sdv4q6o2_250.gif
tumblr_n45tinQUiy1sdv4q6o3_250.gif

tumblr_n45tinQUiy1sdv4q6o4_250.gif
tumblr_n45tinQUiy1sdv4q6o6_250.gif

tumblr_n45tinQUiy1sdv4q6o5_250.gif
tumblr_n45tinQUiy1sdv4q6o1_250.gif

But apparently Superman can NEVER be put in any kind of morally ambiguous or complicated position, that's just blasphemy. No matter that, in that particular case, it wasn't his fault (which they make perfectly clear).

The way it looks like, they know they can't have Superman intentionally kill someone, so they keep putting him in situations where he has no choice. Like when he killed Desaad in Justice League: War. He just happened to be out of control, and snapped his neck. A scene that wasn't even in the original comic.

This episode was way better than the last one. The acting was better all around, the story was less...obnoxious? Seeing Oliver and the lab people get a little minor momentary victory on Deathstroke was good. Laurel used as a POV character was fine. The Isabel character still really sucks and was so happy when [blackout]Diggle shot her a bunch of times even though I realized immediately that wouldn't be the last of her because of the pics I already saw.[/blackout].

The only part about Thea's behavior that I found somewhat iffy was her reaction at the end. Earlier, she had made a big deal about the fact that Robert only loved her because he didn't know that she was Merlyn's daughter. Then, when Oliver shows her proof that Robert loved her to such a degree that he completely overlooked her being the product of an affair between his wife and close friend and accepted her as his daughter, and it makes her even more angry? That part I didn't completely buy. All of the rest, her being angry with Oliver and Moira, I bought.

Yeah,I agree.
The "petulant daughter" stuff just grates on me.She'd rather let the family lose the shirts off their back because she's got a pouty face.Same thing happened in the first season when she was willing to go to jail to give her family a black eye.

That's not a reflection on Willa,who did a great job,but it's one of those things that feels like forced drama found on a soap.I have to question why Ollie didn't admit to Thea he only found out a few weeks before her.(thanks to Felicity) It seems like Thea thinks Ollie knew his whole life.

Also, saying that Rochev was trying to screw the family over years ago too and now she'll win even more with Thea's help.

This was pretty good. Ollie's line about not telling anyone about the cure didn't make any sense, but even if he told people, he still couldn't create a cure without the actual mirakuru, so telling people wouldn't have helped anything. Still...

Deathstroke is still boss. Good developments.

I have to admit,when Ollie got the call,and Thea left before he turned around I thought "crisis averted".:woot:

So what did u guys think about the flash elements/characters in this episode? Did u guys feel like it was forced or did it come off natural?

And out of curiosity, is the flash, at his best, capable of defeating slade by himself?

Not forced, but not entirely natural.

Depends on how powerful Flash is in this universe.

I agree with The Sage about the Cure. It felt weird he wouldn't have mentioned it before, but I like his explanation instead (although he could have perhaps gotten it from Rory's blood).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"